Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

New Holland's Beer Barrel Bourbon is a nice change of pace sometimes.

Around here, Toppling Goliath (Decorah, IA) fans becoming more and more rabid. I did have their Double Dry Hop Pseudo Sue last night (bottled on June 19, bought it on Fri, so superfresh). It was decent, although not really my style.

Also had Lupulin Blissful Ignorance (Big Lake MN), a DIPA, about a week and a half ago, canned four days prior. That stuff is delicious.

Final highlight was getting some KBS on tap this past Saturday at a local place. A hotel restaurant/bar, no less.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Adroit Theory has some "Holy Sh-t, what IS this?" beers. I had no idea but they're just a stone's throw from my old house.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        I had a cosmopolitan tonight.
        I'll hold your purse.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'll hold your purse.
          Please do.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

A cosmo is just a pink way for someone to get really drunk really fast.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I stopped at one because I had a marathon the next day.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                So is Four Loko.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Had a glass or so left over of a Chilean Cabernet. I'll give the Chileans this, they are never boring. Goes surprisingly well with leftover ribs.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Went to Disgruntled Brewing today. Tons of hype and it completely lived up to it. I was told this might be top three for Minnesota breweries and I understand why. They had a release of two beers today. A sour and a milk stout. The milk stout was called Double Stuffed and it tasted like an Oreo. It was amazing.

Top-to-bottom this is one of the best breweries I've ever been to. The IPAs here are absolutely world class. Some of the best I've had from any brewery.

I also ended up getting a free "oops" flight. I really don't like sours and the gose they released today was actually really good.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Some dipsh|t just came in and ordered 75 crowlers.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Some dipsh|t just came in and ordered 75 crowlers.
                        I bet dollars to donuts he's in the beer group I'm in (and a group bbdl is in). Not. Kidding. And also will guarantee he's muling for others.

Had Disgruntled's Reaper on tap today at Ansari's in Eagan. Delicious.

Comment

Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout. Easily my favorite stout, and it's available in 6 packs now.

However, I drank it out of the bottle and it didn't feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout. Easily my favorite stout, and it's available in 6 packs now.

However, I drank it out of the bottle and it didn't feel right.
                            NO! You hard-pour that into a glass. Period. PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              NO! You hard-pour that into a glass. Period. PERIOD.
                              Yes, next time I'm at Meijer, I will pick up beer glasses. Do I need a particular type of glass, or will any good pint glass do?

Comment

Any pint glass, but basically just turn the bottle upside down over the glass. No slow pour at all. Just dump it into the glass.

Comment

Working...
                                X