Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The 120 is more of a barleywine. Not kidding. There is no hops forward anything about it.
    Okay - I might consider it then. I'll keep an eye out for it. Better believe you'll be getting the rest of it in April though if I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Okay - I might consider it then. I'll keep an eye out for it. Better believe you'll be getting the rest of it in April though if I hate it.
      At $10/bottle, it's only sold as singles.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

At $10/bottle, it's only sold as singles.
        Perfect. We have a great bottle store about 20 minutes from our place (both new and old place) and our local grocery stores (local chain and a Whole Foods) both carry a reasonable selection of singles.

Comment

Perfect. We have a great bottle store about 20 minutes from our place (both new and old place) and our local grocery stores (local chain and a Whole Foods) both carry a reasonable selection of singles.
          Pour with caution. I 3-pour that one. Pour 1/3 bottle, put rest of it in the fridge, refill at will. Well, unless you wanna feel the effects....
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It's only one place locally, but actually on my way home from work, so...maybe a full pour depending on the day.

Comment

It's only one place locally, but actually on my way home from work, so...maybe a full pour depending on the day.
              Have fun with that! Shared a 15% with my local brewery today, a Vietnamese Porter from Perrin, called "No Rules." Yes, it has "The Dude" on the label from the Big Lebowski. It was a hit.

Comment

Mookie got an invite to The embassy for happy hour Thursday.
                Had some scotch scmotch though last week so it not like he's desperate
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

HofbrÀuhaus. A little touristy but totally worth it.

The rest of the afternoon should fly by
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Have fun with that! Shared a 15% with my local brewery today, a Vietnamese Porter from Perrin, called "No Rules." Yes, it has "The Dude" on the label from the Big Lebowski. It was a hit.
                    I'd have gone with "I hate the Eagles."
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I'd have gone with "I hate the Eagles."
                      That'd been good. Actually sold a bottle last night for double what I paid for it ($16/$32) via auction.

Hitting up a place today that is doing a Disgruntled (Perham, MN) tap takeover, which will include a beer called "Double Stuffed." It tastes like Oreos. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        HofbrÀuhaus. A little touristy but totally worth it.

The rest of the afternoon should fly by
                        The Milwaukee location is really good, too. Were people playing the hammer game there?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          The Milwaukee location is really good, too. Were people playing the hammer game there?
                          Hammerschlagen!

Comment

Absolutely not.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sam Smith Chocolate Stout -- delicious, reminds me of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. It is very much a dessert beer though, especially if you don't favor sweeter beers.
                              Blue Moon Cappuccino Stout -- meh.
                              Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin -- stout also. Really complex flavor (had it with a giant Chipotle burrito). Enjoyed it immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Absolutely not.
                                Germany doesn't have hammerschlagen? Fail for Germany.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X