Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Mmmm gin and tonic.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Went back to Meijer tonight, picked up another 6 of the Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout... then went right over to where the glassware was and picked up a couple of beer glasses. If I'm going to drink this, I'm going to drink it right.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Went back to Meijer tonight, picked up another 6 of the Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout... then went right over to where the glassware was and picked up a couple of beer glasses. If I'm going to drink this, I'm going to drink it right.
        MUCH better out of a glass.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

MUCH better out of a glass.
          Well.......yeah. /properglassware /properpour

Had a Courage Russian Imperial Stout by Well's brewing (UK) the other night. 2012 release, $6/12oz bottle.

Delicious, but still boozy-tasting as all hell. Like, boozier than fresh Bourbon County Stout. I could have let it age another 5 years or so, easily, before this 10%er calms the eff down. So, think I'll go back to the store I found it, and buy 1-2 more bottles and let them sit.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Speaking of proper pour, I failed. Mountain Town Train Wreck (Amber Ale with honey and maple syrup)... gave it a hard pour, and it foamed out of the glass. That was alcohol abuse.

So on the second bottle, I tried pouring it on the side of the glass with much better results.

Comment

So a cider is not my usual choice but last night I got a MackJac Black Currant Passion cider. It was very good. I don't know if I could have more than one or two, but I'd definitely get it again.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Speaking of proper pour, I failed. Mountain Town Train Wreck (Amber Ale with honey and maple syrup)... gave it a hard pour, and it foamed out of the glass. That was alcohol abuse.

So on the second bottle, I tried pouring it on the side of the glass with much better results.
                Why would you ever hard pour a CO2 charged beer?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Going to my first "beer fest" tomorrow, looking forward to trying a bunch of different beers.

The list: http://www.cltampa.com/bolts

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Going to my first "beer fest" tomorrow, looking forward to trying a bunch of different beers.

The list: http://www.cltampa.com/bolts
                    This is incredible.

While I've hardly sampled the majority, the early winner for me is Southern Tier Sapsquatch. Barleywine brewed with Maple syrup, aged in bourbon barrels and on oak. Just 14.9% abv. Absolutely delicious, though I could tell it was a higher abv, but it wasn't overwhelming.

Comment

Dogfish Breakfast Stout. A miss for me. Oddly sour and not pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        Dogfish Breakfast Stout. A miss for me. Oddly sour and not pleasant.
                        Try their World Wide Stout, or 120 Minute IPA. You won't regret it.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So, figure I may as well give a ranking of the beers I sampled last night.

1a. Southern Tier Sapsquatch Barleywine
                          1b. Cigar City Marshal Zhukov Russian Imperial Stout
                          2. Victory V-12 Belgian Quad
                          3. Southern Tier Salted Caramel American Stout
                          4a. Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel Oatmeal Stout
                          4b. Cycle Brewing Cream and Sugar, Please Stout
                          5. Terrapin Watermelon Gose
                          6. Angry Chair Two Pump Chump Coffee Hazelnut Stout
                          7. Big Top Hawaiian Lion Toasted Coconut & Coffee Porter
                          8. Avery Raspberry Sour
                          9. Pinellas Ale Works Milk Bone Stout
                          10. Hidden Springs Deja Moo Stout
                          11. Arrogant Brewing Double Bastard Bigger Longer Uncut
                          12. Motorworks Midnight Espresso Porter
                          13. Cigar City Creative Loafing Brau (https://untappd.com/b/cigar-city-bre...g-brau/2220141) (Cherry Lime Sour, this was an exclusive event beer single run, I believe)
                          13. Avery Salvation Belgian Ale
                          14. Magic Hat Electric Peel IPA

Most were my first time having them (had the two pump and Cream and Sugar previously). Really enjoyed virtually all of them, though I admit that several of the stouts were quite similar, and my preferred style. Pretty cool event though, they had numerous floor games set up around the arena (Fowling, Cornhole, Foosball, Bubble Hockey, etc), along with maybe 3/5 breweries on the arena floor with the remaining ones spread out around the 100 level concourse of Amalie Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Try their World Wide Stout, or 120 Minute IPA. You won't regret it.
                            I can assure you I won't be trying this. I don't like the 90 Minute and I don't like most IPAs. I've not been impressed with them in general. If I see a single, I'll try that other stout though.
                            Last edited by bostonewe; 08-06-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone a fan of sours? Our after work bar has Smuttynose Brett and I. I'm a big fan, but it's a bit pricy ($8 for what looks like at most a 10oz pour)

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                I can assure you I won't be trying this. I don't like the 90 Minute and I don't like most IPAs. I've not been impressed with them in general. If I see a single, I'll try that other stout though.
                                The 120 is more of a barleywine. Not kidding. There is no hops forward anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X