Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Makers, Bulleit. Even Beam is fine for mixing.
    I would second Makers and Bulleit (which tends to be my 1st choice for mixing).
    In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
    I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Having bar tended (among other things) my way through college at mostly high class joints, in general I developed serious doubts about most people's ability to differentiate quality liquors when mixing with things other than water or maybe seltzer. Now certainly some bourbons and single malt scotches are pretty distinctive, but even so, when mixed with chocolate chile liqueur and cream, (and especially for someone not a bourbon drinker) any decent bourbon, or for that matter, any decent liquor at all, is probably going to be just fine. Stay off the bottom shelf.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Some information for the people the post here that like Thirsty Pagan, I know there are a few of us. Their head brewer left Thirsty Pagan and has joined the new brewery in Superior, Earth Rider Brewing Company. Earth Rider has kind of put together a bit of a "Twin Ports Brewing Dream Team". The ownership is a former co-owner of Fitgers, Head Brewer is a former Head Brewer at Fitgers under Master Brewer Dave Hoops (now of Hoops Brewing, in Canal Park), they picked up Bent Paddle's barrel program leader to run their barrel program, and Thirsty Pagan's head brewer to run their sour program.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Key lime pie rum cream.

The wife insisted I pick some up. I'm sure it's pretty good as most of the flavored creams are more like milk shakes than anything. But aside from just sipping it straight or blended with ice cream, do you use rum cream with anything else? Any good ideas? Can't say I'd ever thought about it. I'd like to try and impress the wife with my mixing skills or knowledge... which are pretty much non-existent and probably end at knowing exactly how much Captain to mix with a can of coke.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Some information for the people the post here that like Thirsty Pagan, I know there are a few of us. Their head brewer left Thirsty Pagan and has joined the new brewery in Superior, Earth Rider Brewing Company. Earth Rider has kind of put together a bit of a "Twin Ports Brewing Dream Team". The ownership is a former co-owner of Fitgers, Head Brewer is a former Head Brewer at Fitgers under Master Brewer Dave Hoops (now of Hoops Brewing, in Canal Park), they picked up Bent Paddle's barrel program leader to run their barrel program, and Thirsty Pagan's head brewer to run their sour program.
            Holy ****.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              Key lime pie rum cream.

The wife insisted I pick some up. I'm sure it's pretty good as most of the flavored creams are more like milk shakes than anything. But aside from just sipping it straight or blended with ice cream, do you use rum cream with anything else? Any good ideas? Can't say I'd ever thought about it. I'd like to try and impress the wife with my mixing skills or knowledge... which are pretty much non-existent and probably end at knowing exactly how much Captain to mix with a can of coke.

That sort of thing is often used in the specialty martinis that are popular now.

Google Key Lime Martini and I'd guess you'll come up with some ideas.

They're not my first choice (specialty martinis), but the wife gets them sometimes when we're out and they are often quite tasty.

Comment

Sounds like we might be getting a Total Wine on the west side of Madison.

Excellent news.

Yeah, I know... Mom and pop stores...

Mom and pop stores almost never have what I'm looking for and on the (ultra) rare occasion that they do, Total Wine will have it for 10 bucks less.

EDIT: The place this will hurt is Woodman's - a big box grocery store where everyone already shops and is about a mile from where the TW wants to open.
                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-26-2017, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I’m not sure why I’ve never worn a respirator when doing fall cleanup before. Especially working at a company that dominates that market. No more suffering through allergies!

And now... Showerbeer
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Sounds like we might be getting a Total Wine on the west side of Madison.

Excellent news.

Yeah, I know... Mom and pop stores...

Mom and pop stores almost never have what I'm looking for and on the (ultra) rare occasion that they do, Total Wine will have it for 10 bucks less.

EDIT: The place this will hurt is Woodman's - a big box grocery store where everyone already shops and is about a mile from where the TW wants to open.
                    I suppose you're more of a booze and not beer guy. Around my area, I'd rather pay $2 more for beer and support the locals. Plus, when the good stuff comes out, I don't have to show up like a Black Friday shopper and hope I get a bottle. My store has it set aside for me.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Founders Frootwood this evening. Cherry Ale aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels. Lots going on, but I like it.

Comment

Holy moly.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          Founders Frootwood this evening. Cherry Ale aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels. Lots going on, but I like it.
                          I liked it, but patiently awaiting their Canadian Breakfast Stout in December. Basically it is Kentucky Breakfast Stout w/maple. I advise to buy all you can.

Sipping on Millstream Raspberry Latte Stout. A little sweet; at my local brewery (LTD for the MNs), we did 50/50 with LTD's Chocolate porter, and it balanced out nicely. Yes, they allow bottle-shares, if you are a regular.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I made fish fry at home last Friday for the first time and it was so incredibly good that I made it again tonight along with mozzarella sticks. Can't believe I waited this long.

Anyway, had a beer with it last week and another this week which probably doubled my beer consumption for the entire year.

Yep... Booze guy.

Comment

Bring on TotAl wine.

Comment

Total wine might not reserve something. But I can check their inventory and order online. And they have about a billion bottles of the special releases so as long as you don’t forget about it, you’ll get at least a bottle.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X