Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

too be honest as well, mookie has been moving to wine from beers.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      is it really that wrong to have a fruity? not like there are blueberries floating around

also tried a fist club ipa on the course. that was good.
      Get a good fruity. Like Odell's Imperial Peach IPA. Or Founder's Rubaeus. Leinie's Shandys are not good.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Get a good fruity. Like Odell's Imperial Peach IPA. Or Founder's Rubaeus. Leinie's Shandys are not good.
        Short's Soft Parade is good, too.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Monthly beer dinner last night with 5 offerings from Sierra Nevada. I don't understand any fascination with them, the beers were meh to boring with the barley wine being not worth the compromise of my driving skills. At least the food was good.

May's brewery is Allagash, but we'll be out of town at Memphis in May. June is Ommegang, which I have high hopes for.

Have also been drinking a fair amount of Downeast Cider, both original annd maple flavored. Got a growler of the coffee maple as well which is tasty, but very sweet.
          If you wanted to beer mail some bottles/cans of that Downeast Cider, I could make some serious marriage points with the wife. She loved the stuff when we were in Boston a couple years ago.

Also, on Sierra Nevada, their beer is solid. The BA stuff is very good and the regular offerings are all solid beers. But the one thing for me that stands out with Sierra Nevada is their Asheville brewery. It is easily the most impressive beer facility I've ever visited. They spared no expense, and the place is beautiful and awesome. They have gardens, an amphitheater, a taproom and restaurant bigger than any I've seen, and the food there is also very good. If you go there, you're going to be blown away by the details, from the driveway, to the metal art accents, the rolled and polished copper everywhere. It is an experience.
          Last edited by bigblue_dl; 04-22-2017, 07:32 AM.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I had a hankering for a painkiller so I ran out and bought a few of the missing ingredients. So good.

bbdl, we need to go back to skipper's.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I had a hankering for a painkiller so I ran out and bought a few of the missing ingredients. So good.

bbdl, we need to go back to skipper's.
              We need to have another bottleshare. I have some bottles stashed just for the occasion.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gin recalled for being too strong. Which provinces are the ones, please?
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Finnish brewery is selling 1,000-pack of beer. Basically in response to a competitor selling a 100-pack.

http://time.com/money/4761382/finnis...1000-pack-beer

My question is... if I did put down the $2,400 I needed for this, how would I get it into my car? Would I need a UHaul to drive it home? How would I get it out of the truck when I got home?
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I just made a yuck face when I saw "shandy". That stuff sells like crazy, and I can't stand the taste.
                    Last edited by jen; 05-07-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Went to New Holland's pub last night for dinner.

Tried the Night Tripper, an Imperial Stout. Next time I'm there, I'll pick up a bottle.

Picked up a 4-pack of Dragon's Milk Mexican Spice Cake.

And because I was in the mood for a 7&7, I stopped by Meijer and got the stuff for that too.

After I finish the 7, I'll get some whiskey and gin. What's a good whiskey that I can drink neat?

Comment

I opened a bottle of an estate Marquette from Michigan tonight. I forgot how much I like Marquettes. Sweet without being cloyingly so. Still a good bit of tannic character.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For the locals, LTD (Hopkins) Emily's Dream Tangerine just went on tap today. All the hazy juicy goodness. PERFECT warm weather beer. It's straight up juice. It really is.

Comment

Stopped by Total Wine to grab a couple bottles of red and found some Crasher in the Rye and Black Butte xixixicicicixicicixic.
                            Code:

Comment

• I had a cosmopolitan tonight.

Comment

Went to Petoskey and tried some things there.

Beards Brewing: Food was okay, their Porter is fantastic.

Petoskey Brewing: Cranium Crusher. Should have brought a 4 pack to take home.

Came back to Holland, MI and went to New Holland. Not only are they a brewery, they have a distillery, too.

Bitter Songbird: Rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, demerara sugar, and house amaro.

If drinking fruity, sweet drinks opens me up to ridicule, so be it. That was good.

Comment

Working...
                                X