Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Williams Brewery from Scotland, their Midnight Sun Dark Porter. Interesting. Not overly heavy flavor, but finished very dry, like a wine. Enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Williams Brewery from Scotland, their Midnight Sun Dark Porter. Interesting. Not overly heavy flavor, but finished very dry, like a wine. Enjoyable
      I mentioned it earlier. If I were to ship you a variety pack of MN beers (you can choose style, and make requests), would you ship me a box of Downeast Cider? I could send a box full, and you can just send it back. If you're interested, PM me.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Germany doesn't have hammerschlagen? Fail for Germany.
        I have no idea. Just not when I was at the one in Munich.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Going to try making peppercorn vodka; got the idea from Alton Brown.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Sunday night, I had a margarita with salt on the rim. Felt like the salt ruined the taste.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              Sunday night, I had a margarita with salt on the rim. Felt like the salt ruined the taste.

Try one without salt?

Comment

I used to drink them with no salt back in college and for a few years after.

Somewhere along the line I started to appreciate the salt. I have margs semi-regularly around here.

Mmmmm... that would be good right now but spaghetti is for dinner and I also have to skate tonight.

Another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  I used to drink them with no salt back in college and for a few years after.

Somewhere along the line I started to appreciate the salt. I have margs semi-regularly around here.

Mmmmm... that would be good right now but spaghetti is for dinner and I also have to skate tonight.

Another time.
                  I don't see how either of those precludes a margarita.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't drink before skating. Sucks all the rage out of me.

And if I'm drinking with spag, it'll be a nice Cab.

Comment

Well, yeah. A cab would be perfect, but if I'm craving a margarita I'm going to be heading to the grocery store and getting some likes on the way home.

Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Well, yeah. A cab would be perfect, but if I'm craving a margarita I'm going to be heading to the grocery store and getting some likes on the way home.

I've actually found some really good bottled mix.

Tres Agaves.

Organic with lime and agave juices.

No syrup.

Add good tequilla (Camarena or El Jimador), an orange liquor (Solera or Cointreu) and a lime slice... mmmmm...

Oh yeah, and SALT.
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 09-26-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Try one without salt?

And I said no salt, NO SALT on the margarita...

Comment

• What is a decent mixer bourbon? My friends gave me chocolate chile liqueur, and I have a recipe that calls for that, the bourbon, and cream.

Also, I bought New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale. Yes, I've seen memes that say "throw it away," but this one is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              What is a decent mixer bourbon? My friends gave me chocolate chile liqueur, and I have a recipe that calls for that, the bourbon, and cream.

Also, I bought New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale. Yes, I've seen memes that say "throw it away," but this one is pretty good.
                              Unless it's an Old Fashioned (Maker's Mark) I won't mix any bourbon not labeled Evan Williams (which is underrated, btw)
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Makers, Bulleit. Even Beam is fine for mixing.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X