Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Stopped by a Jamaican bar in Hager City yesterday with bbdl. Had the Ale Asylum Ambergeddon, which was pretty solid. Also got my New Glarus fix by having the Spotted Cow and Two Women.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Prima Pils w/venison burgers…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfnI0hcYCXs
      WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

O'Hara's Irish Red at dinner tonight, and I'm following it up with Tri-City Brewing Russian Imperial Stout.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Already mentioned this on GPL, but I feel like I need to tell the world.

Avoid Flat Earth Sunburst at all costs. Don't even smell it, or taste it. It was so bad that I set it on the opposite side of the table at the bar, because after tasting it, the smell of it made me gag. The taste ruined my taste buds, I swear. It took almost my entire next beer to get that taste out of my mouth. I had no idea what the stuff was when I ordered it, but I thought I'd give it a try, how bad could it be. I now fully understand the flaw in that logic. They claim it is a fruit beer, but they must have used rotten moldy fruit or something.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can't believe that a "fruit" beer would suck.

SHOCKED... I am.

Comment

Passing through Chicago on Wednesday on way to Louisville and will stop at Binny's to pick up a bottle of Plantation Multi Island 10 Sweet Smoke.

Really excited to try this one.

http://www.rumgallery.com/plantation-multi-island.html

Gonna get some other stuff too (a backup of Dictador 20, Diplomatico Reserva, Plantation Panama 8 plus an impulse purchase or two I'd imagine), but this one is the highlight and the reason for the stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                I can't believe that a "fruit" beer would suck.

SHOCKED... I am.

Some are quite good. Most are much closer to a wine than a beer, though, so you have to know what you're getting, and when to drink it. Some of the best examples out there are from New Glarus. Their Belgian Red, Strawberry Rhubarb and Serendipity are all very well done for fruit beers.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Whatever Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Already mentioned this on GPL, but I feel like I need to tell the world.

Avoid Flat Earth Sunburst at all costs. Don't even smell it, or taste it. It was so bad that I set it on the opposite side of the table at the bar, because after tasting it, the smell of it made me gag. The taste ruined my taste buds, I swear. It took almost my entire next beer to get that taste out of my mouth. I had no idea what the stuff was when I ordered it, but I thought I'd give it a try, how bad could it be. I now fully understand the flaw in that logic. They claim it is a fruit beer, but they must have used rotten moldy fruit or something.
                    sour beer? Just looked it up on untappd... you couldn't find a rating lower than 0.25?

Sure it wasn't just skunked?
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      sour beer? Just looked it up on untappd... you couldn't find a rating lower than 0.25?

Sure it wasn't just skunked?
                      I suppose it is possible that the lines were bad, or it went sour. I don't think it was supposed to be sour, and I like sour beers, it didn't taste anything like a sour beer I've had before. It had a seriously nasty smell and taste. I've had beers that were "bad" or "sour" because of improperly cleaned lines, or taps, and this didn't taste like that.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I suppose it is possible that the lines were bad, or it went sour. I don't think it was supposed to be sour, and I like sour beers, it didn't taste anything like a sour beer I've had before. It had a seriously nasty smell and taste. I've had beers that were "bad" or "sour" because of improperly cleaned lines, or taps, and this didn't taste like that.
                        I had a "pumpkin" beer from belgium once... it was like an alcoholic V8 vegetable drink. Sometimes beers are just bad ideas.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Is it odd that I'm almost as excited to go to Binny's today as the actual reason I'm going to Chicago - a U2 concert?

Can I get out of there under $200?

Luckily I already have so many of the things I'd want. The temptation is to grab backup bottles. Need to resist that.

Comment

Is it odd that I'm almost as excited to go to Binny's today as the actual reason I'm going to Chicago - a U2 concert?

Can I get out of there under $200?

Luckily I already have so many of the things I'd want. The temptation is to grab backup bottles. Need to resist that.
                            I think I'd be more excited to go to a liquor store than a U2 concert as well. Any liquor store.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

To be fair, I'm not more excited. I just love going to a store that may have a hidden gem that I wasn't expecting.

Also excited to buy some Hawks championship gear today.

You know what that feels like?

Comment

To be fair, I'm not more excited. I just love going to a store that may have a hidden gem that I wasn't expecting.

Also excited to buy some Hawks championship gear today.

You know what that feels like?
                                To wear ******y clothes, or to go to a liquor store that might have a hidden gem?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X