Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

There was a need (demand) for this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/palcoho...ry?id=29580363

My favorite part...

"Can you snort it?

Lipsmark says the potential to snort Palcohol has been one of the complaints it's heard, but that Palcohol would be hard to snort. Not only does it have the burn of alcohol, but it would take an hour to snort a "shot" of vodka, according to the company's statement this week addressing concerns about the product."

Obviously haven't met some of the cats that I've known over the years.

My guess is that shoving it up your *** will send you to the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      There was a need (demand) for this?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/palcoho...ry?id=29580363

My favorite part...

"Can you snort it?

Lipsmark says the potential to snort Palcohol has been one of the complaints it's heard, but that Palcohol would be hard to snort. Not only does it have the burn of alcohol, but it would take an hour to snort a "shot" of vodka, according to the company's statement this week addressing concerns about the product."

Obviously haven't met some of the cats that I've known over the years.

My guess is that shoving it up your *** will send you to the moon.

More news on the subject from yesterday's paper (a more sober publication), apparently it really will be available for sale soon.

The Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau on Tuesday approved labels for a powdered alcohol called Palcohol. Arizona-based Lipsmark LLC, the maker of a booze powder that can be mixed with water like instant tea or lemonade, hopes to begin selling the product soon.

The green light by the alcohol and tobacco tax agency follows a scientific review of Palcohol by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. That agency issued a statement last summer, saying it didn’t have concerns about the ingredients of the product and didn’t find a legal basis to block it.

Alcohol is regulated at the state level so once a product receives federal approval it can go on sale in most states. In the case of Palcohol, several states have adopted pre-emptive bans and several more are gearing up to ban powdered alcohol.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

An analytical chemist's view (probably NSFW) on Palcohol.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0QLaVLhTs
        Last edited by WisconsinWildcard; 03-12-2015, 02:10 PM.
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Picked up a few brews yesterday:

Bent Paddle Cold Press Black 4-Pack
          Fulton Expat 6-Pack
          Summit Unchained Hop Silo 4-Pack
          Surly Abrasive 4-Pack
          Stillwater Artisinal Kentucky Style Folklore Stout
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

To celebrate a Final 5 appearance, I'm enjoying an Avery Mephistopheles Stout. This is a huge mother****ing beer. Insane stuff. 17.1% ABV....
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Had an O'Hara's barrel aged (Irish whiskey barrel). Hooboy. I think my F5 beers are set. Surly SeVIIn, and the other O'Hara's I have.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I've known quite a few Irish people in my day, not merely Americans of Irish descent but actual first-generation Irish too.

While it is true that the Irish enjoy drinking, they rarely got drunk (in my direct experience). In fact, getting drunk was actually frowned upon. Partly it was because drinking, to the Irish, is primarily a social event (and conversely, most Irish social events also involved drinking!), and a drunk person is not very good social company. Partly too it was an attitude of practicality: "how much fun could it possibly have been if you can't even remember it the next day?" and the Irish when drinking are quite a bit into sentimentality and nostalgia.

The only people I ever see getting drunk on St. Patrick's Day are either Irish for only one day a year, or are several generations of Irish-American descent (or, alas, are alcoholics, because, sadly, it seems like every culture except Mormons and Amish have alcoholism in them....)

and so I will have a shot of Tullamore Dew after I finish my corned beef and cole slaw....
                Last edited by FreshFish; 03-17-2015, 05:23 PM.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Yup. I had a Guinness.

Comment

Having some Powers whiskey (the most popular whiskey in Ireland; eat it, Jameson).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Picked up a 4 Hands Brewing Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk Stout... I'm impressed with this... It's very smooth with a strong chocolate influence... Very sweet... Unlike many chocolate beers, there isn't any hint of a coffee flavor in this... At only 5.5% abv, there also isn't any hint of boozyness here either... It's a light offering in this category, but I find that to be a benefit... This would be a solid introductory beer for someone who is new to the craft beer game...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Thanks to a gift from bbdl, I have had the Ola Dubh 12 and 18, but found this beauty this week:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/323/96705/

Cannot wait to try it.

Comment

Enjoying killing my bottle of Cruzan Single Barrel while basking in the glow of a 2nd consecutive Final Four appearance.

A good day.

Comment

Arcadia Ales Loch Down... their scotch ale. I will have two of these tonight.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Mentioned this on GPL, but bought a Clown Shoes Crasher In The Rye:

Imperial Oatmeal Milk Stout aged in Rye and Bourbon Barrels. Quite amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Mentioned this on GPL, but bought a Clown Shoes Crasher In The Rye:

Imperial Oatmeal Milk Stout aged in Rye and Bourbon Barrels. Quite amazing.
                                I'm coming in October for the marathon, and I want to bring home some of your local beer. Best recommendation? The heavier, the better.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X