Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Brent, he's saying we need stronger antitrust protection for craft brewing. You don't understand or didn't read the article. I'm guessing the latter because there is absolutely no way anyone could come the conclusion you did after reading the article.

It's about antitrust protections. Not this windmill of redefining craft brewing you are tilting at.
    JFC. I KNOW the article is about anti-trust. However, the author is biased, and I gave the reasons why. It's almost hypocritical. He wants more shelf space for craft beer (which, in his mind, his beer is still craft beer, and it's not/almost not, by legal definition, for now). He's claiming to be one of the small guys, and sorry, he's not one of the small guys anymore, in the craft beer world. He's one of the big boys.

I could almost guarantee he's making the same moves as the big boys, using power plays to get his beer on shelves, manipulating the system, etc. Yet he talks like he is Joe Schmo from down the block trying to succeed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Also, the Frozen Four netted a nice little cache of wine and a few beers. There was a jaw-droppingly good Pinot at one of the wineries. I might end up having a case shipped if it turns out to be good in a month or two. They recommended clearing it for a year or two.

It's amazing that you can find incredible wine at a fairly decent price in southern Michigan.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, the Frozen Four netted a nice little cache of wine and a few beers. There was a jaw-droppingly good Pinot at one of the wineries. I might end up having a case shipped if it turns out to be good in a month or two. They recommended clearing it for a year or two.

It's amazing that you can find incredible wine at a fairly decent price in southern Michigan.
        From what I hear (I can't honestly say from experience) that MN has some outstanding wines, due to the grape research at the U. I do know that MN vineyards/wineries are trying to change the grape law, b/c of our climate.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Which winery?
          I know a person that might be willing to day trip somewhere...
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
            Which winery?
            I know a person that might be willing to day trip somewhere...
            I bet that friend way overcharges for the maxprofits, though.

Comment

You 2 get into the oddest arguments.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Nice to see some Chicago references, so I'll add mine.

We needed a couple of bottles of wine for a dinner at my cousin's friday night, so with a little searching, my wife found Warehouse Liquors on Wabash.

Good wine selection, but that's not the point.

OMG whiskey selection. And OMG is real.

So OMG that he has quite a few single barrel, custom labeled, bottles. I may have heard of this happening, but never really experienced it.

Gene was a great host and owner of the store, and he talked us through some great things.

We ended up getting a bottle of Four Roses, which is 105 proof, and just amazing. Spicy, fruity, and smooth as silk, all at the same time.

Also picked up a bottle of Wathen's- again, HIS barrel. And Plantation Single Barrel Rum from Barbados.

If you are ever in the area again, please consider stopping by there. Worth the time. Worth the money, too.

Comment

Surdyk's, a local liquor store, decided to open his store on a Sunday, months before the law passed. Got a call from city to shut down. Refused. Got VISITED by a city official, told to shut down. Refused.

Original penalty was a 30 day suspension and $3K fine, starting in July, when Sunday Sales goes into effect. Upon appeal, gets handed a slap on the wrist. I am very angry about this. Note: Surdyk's was against Sunday Sales the whole way.

http://www.fox9.com/news/247995328-story

Comment

Asheville might be my favorite city in this fine country.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Decided to start clearing out the cellar. My 2015 Rum King and 2014 BCBS have lost a step. Barrel-aged beers just don't age well.

Though the BCBS is slightly better if not slightly old tasting, both are still good.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Decided to start clearing out the cellar. My 2015 Rum King and 2014 BCBS have lost a step. Barrel-aged beers just don't age well.

Though the BCBS is slightly better if not slightly old tasting, both are still good.
                        SOME BAs don't age well. Had a 2014 Rum King a couple months ago, and it was delicious. Heads up: there are reports of this past year's Rum King, canned on 9-9, getting a metallic taste. Brewery is aware of it.

It really is hit or miss, though.

Comment

mookie was golfing out in chicagoland during the frozen four and got a leinenkugel's summer shandy - which he likes (ok?) and enjoyed this one. so driving home today mookie stops in state college pa for gas and a slushy and there is a 12 pack box of leinie's summer beers. there is the summer, along with a grapefruit, orange, and watermelon shandy. not bad at all
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            mookie was golfing out in chicagoland during the frozen four and got a leinenkugel's summer shandy - which he likes (ok?) and enjoyed this one. so driving home today mookie stops in state college pa for gas and a slushy and there is a 12 pack box of leinie's summer beers. there is the summer, along with a grapefruit, orange, and watermelon shandy. not bad at all
                            No.

Tried Against The Grain's The Brown Note. Brown ale, canned, with a pic of well......someone sh*ing themselves.

It's pretty good.

Comment

is it really that wrong to have a fruity? not like there are blueberries floating around

also tried a fist club ipa on the course. that was good.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Monthly beer dinner last night with 5 offerings from Sierra Nevada. I don't understand any fascination with them, the beers were meh to boring with the barley wine being not worth the compromise of my driving skills. At least the food was good.

May's brewery is Allagash, but we'll be out of town at Memphis in May. June is Ommegang, which I have high hopes for.

Have also been drinking a fair amount of Downeast Cider, both original annd maple flavored. Got a growler of the coffee maple as well which is tasty, but very sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X