X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by jen View Post
    New book by Christina Tosi out next week: Milk Bar Life. Is it a cookbook? Is it non-fiction? I'm not really sure, but it has recipes from her, so I'm in.
    And if the Crack Pie is any indication, everything she makes is magic.

BBQ pork shoulder was good. I think next time, instead of a plate, I'll just make sandwiches out of it.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Making French Dip sandwiches for tomorrow night.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Okay... so that whole thing about not stir-frying with your shirt off...

Pan searing some Ahi tonight sans shirt and set a steak down in the pan and the oil exploded out in every direction hitting me across my stomach. I didn't drop it. Wondering if it was wet as sometime water will cause hot oil to splatter.

Hurt like a mother ****er for about 3-4 hours and now I have about 40 little welts all over my stomach.

Luckily, no blistering and it no longer hurts so I can laugh at my dumb ***.

The dinner was incredibly yummy although I had to hold ice packs with one hand while I ate.

Comment

Protip: Oil the steaks, not the entire pan

I never use the stove unless I'm wearing a shirt and shoes.

Comment

Dear God
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So apparently I do hockey better than the wild.

Grilled up a hefty NY strip, some homemade steak fries, and a Surly Abrasive.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                So apparently I do hockey better than the wild.

Grilled up a hefty NY strip, some homemade steak fries, and a Surly Abrasive.
                Why did you grill your beer?

Comment

You've never tried?
                  Code:

Comment

This isn't really cooking, but I'm having a coffee maker crisis. I've had a Keurig mini for 5 years, but recently I've felt the coffee isn't strong enough (a road trip where a Colombian friend made the coffee enlightened me, as her drip pot coffee was much better than mine - exact same coffee). I always use the my-K-Cup filter with my own coffee. I've tried changing my cream-sugar amounts 6 different ways. I changed the grind to a several different finer settings (I grind it 2 cups at a time, so it's easy to change it up). I tried using less water, but 6 oz is the minimum, and if I have to brew coffee twice to get enough for 1 cup, is that really worth it? I can't think of any other way to try and get a stronger cup. Then problem is - I've done it with the Keurig before. But I have no idea what I did. I've changed creamers since then (they discontinued my favorite - Organic Valley vanilla half and half) and I had to go to that Natural Bliss stuff - maybe that's it? Then I noticed the Keurig 2.0 has a strength control setting. But the cheapest one is $149, and you have to replace filters, and I'd have to get a new my K-cup thingy. I think my brain is going to explode; I can't decide what to do. Is there a better single-cup option than Keurig, that is quick and requires little work, where I can use my own coffee? This is of the utmost importance. Having a great cup of coffee every day would increase my general happiness.
                    Don't yell at me, since I don't even drink coffee, but my wife is a fiend for good strong coffee and believes that nothing can beat the Aeropress, available from Amazon for a mere $30.
                    "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Got the new Christina Tosi cookbook from the library and was a little underwhelmed. It's a lot of recipes from regular (i.e. non-chef) people she knows, most of them non-baking, and nothing at all like the Momofuku Milk bar cookbook. Lots of stuff using packaged food or just assembling things (blue cheese and pretzels needs a recipe?) Probably wouldn't make most of the recipes. I liked reading the stories behind the recipes, but not worth a purchase for me. Not what I was expecting.

Comment

My Mother's tip for burns☻in the ktchen: Vanilla Extract

BTW--bacon is also a shirtless/topless no-no
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

I know this is from Cooking Light, but it's really good.

Tacos al Pastor with Grilled Pineapple Salsa... using grilled pork tenderloin. I made a different version of Tacos al Pastor over the winter in my slow cooker that wasn't "light".... and this is WAY better.

Comment

I think I want to do pulled pork nachos this weekend.

Comment

Made grilled kabobs with scallops the other night (and shrimp, red pepper and pineapple). First time grilling scallops - more oil next time. The grill was a ***** to clean.

I finally used up all the strawberries in my freezer... just in time for the start of strawberry season. Still have blueberries, raspberries and black raspberries.. but I have more time before their season starts.

We're having a "dessert throwdown" next week at work. I'm entering the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pie Bars, aka The Most Delicious Thing I Have Ever Baked.

I cleaned out my pantry and made a pile of all the random crap I need to use up. I should be banned from the Indian grocery store. Or they should sell smaller quantities. Chana masala and cranberry bean salad for everyone! Hurrah! What does one do with 2 cups of amchur powder and turmeric? And why did I need not one, but TWO containers of chana masala spice mix?
                              Last edited by jen; 06-19-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Made grilled kabobs with scallops the other night (and shrimp, red pepper and pineapple). First time grilling scallops - more oil next time. The grill was a ***** to clean.

We're having a "dessert throwdown" next week at work. I'm entering the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pie Bars, aka The Most Delicious Thing I Have Ever Baked.
                                I always use a grill plate on kabobs for that reason and spray it up well before putting the food on it.

I think you're a lock for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X