X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    IIRC, the bubonic plague is out of control over there right now. Like the actual plague.
    Jesus, it's annual there, like a back to school sale.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Sams Club used to have big bottles, no more, little ones. Vanilla beans, bourbon, let it sit for months, real good. Can use vodka also
      The grocery store clerk told me she uses brandy, and lets it sit for 3 months. Might give it a try (with bourbon, though).

I usually use Nielsen Massey.

Comment

• Work gave me a raw turkey breast. Blessing in disguise; a 14 lb bird would have given me leftovers for days.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Regarding vanilla prices: http://www.thekitchn.com/the-one-bak...urge-on-249690
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Your winner and two-time defending Engineering chili cook-off champion: dxmnkd316!
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Your winner and two-time defending Engineering chili cook-off champion: dxmnkd316!
              w00t!

Comment

You need to come to my office chili contest. 80% of the entrants are engineers. I have to say their entries are, ordinarily, fantastic. Apparently all the creativity and artistry that other people channel into wit, dating, and grooming has been (deeply) sublimated into cooking.

I would say over the years I have had more than a hundred chili dishes there that would not be out of place in a topnotch restaurant.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah, the competition this year was uber stiff. I couldn’t even vote for my own chili because I thought there was one that was far more interesting; especially given the guy hadn’t ever made the recipe before or even made chili prior to the competition. It wasn’t entirely traditional but I loved it. It’s probably why it didn’t get many votes.

Anyways, last year there were a few people that took chili home because it was just ok and people weren’t thrilled with it. This year we ran out of everything after an hour.

ETA: missed your jab the first time through (also: 🙄&#128521
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Making some this weekend.
                    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Yeah, the competition this year was uber stiff. I couldn’t even vote for my own chili because I thought there was one that was far more interesting; especially given the guy hadn’t ever made the recipe before or even made chili prior to the competition. It wasn’t entirely traditional but I loved it. It’s probably why it didn’t get many votes.

Anyways, last year there were a few people that took chili home because it was just ok and people weren’t thrilled with it. This year we ran out of everything after an hour.

ETA: missed your jab the first time through (also: 🙄&#128521
                      The ones I vote for never win. Among ones I have really loved:

chili clam chowder
                      bambi chili
                      chili kimchi
                      chili jello shots

The office breaks down to half solidly traditional and half (the ones under 50) off the wall creative. I've also loved some of the traditional ones. Most of the staff are ex-mil so we get a lot of specialty dishes from other countries. Don't eat German chili: that stuff is vile. On the other hand the chili made with Central Asian spices and sauces could be its own whole new food group. I'm not saying I loved it, but man it was interesting.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Those are insane. But now it’s got me thinking...

Also, how exactly did the Jell-O shots work...?
                        Code:

Comment

Garlic, rosemary, and thyme short ribs in the oven. T-minus 2.5 hours until stroganoff. Last time I made this it was one of the best dishes I’ve ever made.
                          Code:

Comment

Garlic, rosemary, and thyme short ribs in the oven. T-minus 2.5 hours until stroganoff. Last time I made this it was one of the best dishes I’ve ever made.
                            Recipe?
                            I have never made short ribs

Comment

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...recipe-1945604
                              Code:

Comment

Ruh roh. It wasn't as good this time. I just remembered I made modifications. I took notes but not what modifications I made. I think I remember but I'm going to have to try them.

One for sure was I needed way more herb paste. Way more olive oil and salt.

It's still quite good though.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X