X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    For the Birthday Cake, I have to find acetate strips. Best guess is to buy online?
    Probably. Have never seen it in stores.

Comment

I am suffering from temporary insanity and considering doing cutout cookies again this year for Christmas. The hot buttered rum cookies were really, really good last year, and very festive. Please talk me out of it.

Have a few more cookbooks to get from the library (2 new Christmas cookie cookbooks just came out), but my cookie list is somewhat settled. I am currently on the fence about salted toffee rugelach (and the cutouts). The list is a little pistachio heavy (**** festive-colored nuts).

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Yahtzee.
        Nice.

Cutouts are for kids. Just say no!

Comment

• Picked up a beef kidney today. I know I have to soak it in acidulated water in basic preparation, but after that, it appears I can broil it, saute it (possibly with mustard, or pair it with stewing beef to make a Humble Pie.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• It's fall. Are you ready for Pumpkin Spice, or are apples (cider, pie, etc) more your thing?
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

It's fall. Are you ready for Pumpkin Spice, or are apples (cider, pie, etc) more your thing?
              I have apple cider every Fall, but not in abundance. I enjoy pumpkin pie, but keep your pumpkin spice everything else away from me. My favorite flavor I associate with Fall: butternut squash.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

For some reason, maple is considered a fall flavor, so that's my favorite. Maple everything, please. Although I do like pumpkin spice and butternut squash. I like raw apples (fresh Cortlands from the Farmers' Market - yum), but not apples in things. Basically, if an item I already like has a seasonal flavor, I'll probably buy it. I'm a marketing department's dream.

I've never had a Pumpkin Spice latte, because I don't generally buy coffee drinks... but I have seen that **** Maple Pecan Latte advertised, and I'm afraid those might be working on me. It is hard to find mapley things in this country if you're not in the northeast.
                Last edited by jen; 09-25-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

It's fall. Are you ready for Pumpkin Spice, or are apples (cider, pie, etc) more your thing?
                  Apples. I like pumpkin to a point, but putting it in drinks (especially coffee) is a bridge too far.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Apples. I like pumpkin to a point, but putting it in drinks (especially coffee) is a bridge too far.
                    In my experience, things advertised as "pumpkin spice" usually have nothing to do with pumpkin, and more to do with cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      In my experience, things advertised as "pumpkin spice" usually have nothing to do with pumpkin, and more to do with cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon.
                      True.

Comment

There's a billboard in Oakdale, MN that always advertises pumpkin spice furnaces (not filters, furnaces) around this time every year.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          There's a billboard in Oakdale, MN that always advertises pumpkin spice furnaces (not filters, furnaces) around this time every year.
                          God**** Oakdale comes through again!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Here's another ad by the same compnay:
                            https://i.imgur.com/osT18vG.jpg
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Apples. Thank you U of Minn for developing the Honeycrisp cultivar. Best apple evah!!!!!
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Apples. Thank you U of Minn for developing the Honeycrisp cultivar. Best apple evah!!!!!
                                am I the only person that thinks Honeycrisps are disgusting?

Comment

Working...
                                X