X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I generally like Ree Drummond's recipes, but I can't stand to watch her on TV. And the comp shows have gotten really bad. I was so glad to hear that Alton is exiting Cutthroat Kitchen and going back to his original format.

I'll admit though, Chopped is still a decent way to kill an hour.
    I just like Ted Allen. The guy is awesome and knows what he's talking about.

Drummond's recipes are generally too much for me. They've gotten worse over the years too. I basically DVR new episodes of Barefoot Contessa and that's it. The cream of the crop was Good Eats, Tyler's Ultimate, Barefoot Contessa.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Her chicken and dumplings is one of my go-tos for cold weather comfort food.

I like Ina Garten's recipes, but her on-screen persona is very, very fake.

I never liked Tyler Florence. Sue me.

Comment

The Food Network show I like..."The Kitchen".
        Hear me out. If you take it for what it is, a morning show format, it is entertaining. I enjoy the different personalities. It usually has good tips, always has at least one good recipe, sometimes several.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

So...

Broccoli Rabe/Rapini
          Italian Sausage
          Orichette

There are loads of recipes for this online, and I've been using one for a while and I like it quite a bit. Wondering what else could go in there to expand on the amount of vegetables, though.

I already have garlic and some red onion, but I'm not interested in adding too much of that. Any ideas? First things to pop in my mind are either tomatoes or mushrooms (but not both). Bell peppers seems like a bad fit (and maybe too bright of a flavor).
          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 01-29-2017, 10:18 AM.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            So...

Broccoli Rabe/Rapini
            Italian Sausage
            Orichette

There are loads of recipes for this online, and I've been using one for a while and I like it quite a bit. Wondering what else could go in there to expand on the amount of vegetables, though.

I already have garlic and some red onion, but I'm not interested in adding too much of that. Any ideas? First things to pop in my mind are either tomatoes or mushrooms (but not both). Bell peppers seems like a bad fit (and maybe too bright of a flavor).
            Roasted butternut squash. Medium dice, toss in olive oil, roast at 400 for about 20 min- toss half way thru.

Comment

Problem: Starting next week, I will be working second shift, which means I won't be home to prepare dinner for my dad and I. Other than eggs, Ramen, and microwavable oatmeal, my dad can't cook. So... I was already looking at soups and stews for the crockpot, but is there anything else I can put in there?

Also, I am going to replace my crockpot, because my current one is old and does not have a "warm" setting.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Tim Brewster approved Chili
                Brisket
                Ribs

Honestly, get this: https://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-Bes.../dp/1412778638

My mom got it for me along with a crockpot when I moved into my house. the recipes I've tried are surprisingly very good.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Problem: Starting next week, I will be working second shift, which means I won't be home to prepare dinner for my dad and I. Other than eggs, Ramen, and microwavable oatmeal, my dad can't cook. So... I was already looking at soups and stews for the crockpot, but is there anything else I can put in there?

Also, I am going to replace my crockpot, because my current one is old and does not have a "warm" setting.
                  You need to start letting this man help himself. He is a big boy. If you are going to move away he is going to need to fend for himself eventually. Offer to assist him but stop catering to him!!!!

You need to think of what you are going to eat that is healthy- second shift messes with meals something fierce. (momentary lapse- unsolicited advice)

Comment

Literally catering.
                    Code:

Comment

You can't seriously be expected to prepare meals for when you're not there. Let the man cook what he can cook. If it turns out to be Tombstone pizza, then so be it.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

My dad would be eating eggs, ramen and oatmeal.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          My dad would be eating eggs, ramen and oatmeal.
                          And after further review, that's what he'll be eating.

I start on the floor next week, and I am at a loss for meals. The reason I was thinking Crock-Pot soups and stews was so that I could have healthy meals for my lunch at work. My only other options are processed soup, fast food, or the plant cafeteria.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

When I was working full days I would make a veggie wrap

Oven 400F. Chop in medium to small dice- (keep in separate bowls) butternut squash, summer squash, zuke, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower or any veggie you like roasted. Toss with olive oil then roast each separately on aluminum foil lined jelly roll pan approx 20 min. Stir once or twice when roasting. Cool

I would then toss all those into a container.

For lunch I would bring in separate containers to prevent getting soggy-
                            veggies
                            small amt salad dressing
                            chunked tomatoes
                            Spinach, arugula or other dark greens
                            one flat bread/ tortilla or pita half

Build the sandwich right before eating.

YUM!

For snack/dessert-

Put a graham cracker in the bottom of a small container, drop in frozen raspberries to cover, plop a few globs of vanilla yogurt on top, about a tsp of choc sauce drizzled over, top with another graham cracker to keep it from sticking to lid. By lunch the grahams had softened and it tasted kind of like cheesecake.

Double yum!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              For snack/dessert-

Put a graham cracker in the bottom of a small container, drop in frozen raspberries to cover, plop a few globs of vanilla yogurt on top, about a tsp of choc sauce drizzled over, top with another graham cracker to keep it from sticking to lid. By lunch the grahams had softened and it tasted kind of like cheesecake.

Double yum!
                              That sounds awesome. Guess what I'll be eating for snack from now on!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

I'd get an instant pot, that way you can pressure cook too. I use the slow cooker function all the time- soups and stews, bone broth, pulled pork or chicken. Really lots to do

Comment

Working...
                                X