X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    So are you saying you spread mayo on the side of the bread that goes down on the pan? (Shudders)
    Both sides. You first pan fry the inside side of the bread and then flip. Give them a minute on that side, add the cheese, close it up, and finish off the other sides. Anyone who doesn't grill/fry both sides is committing a crime in my book.

And yes, mayo on both sides!!! I am a convert!

(Make sure you use at least half decent mayo like Hellman's. I have no idea how this would work with Miracle Whip.)
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Both sides. You first pan fry the inside side of the bread and then flip. Give them a minute on that side, add the cheese, close it up, and finish off the other sides. Anyone who doesn't grill/fry both sides is committing a crime in my book.

(Make sure you use at least half decent mayo like Hellman's. I have no idea how this would work with Miracle Whip.)
      I am a criminal

Comment

But, but.... WHY?
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But, but.... WHY?
          because I like to live dangerously? Never heard of toasting both sides

Comment

You must try it
            Code:

Comment

Miracle Whip is...something. Not mayo, and nothing good.

Tried your method last night, and it was...edible. Luckily, grilled cheese is like sex...you know the rest.

I think you need to clarify the procedure here:

1. Bread choice - white, wheat, sourdough, etc?
              2. How much mayo? Just enough to coat, or heavier?
              3. What sort of pan do you use? Cast iron, nonstick, or just heavy-bottomed stainless steel?
              4. Cheese - sliced or shredded? How much?
              5. Temperature - the usual medium-low, or a bit higher because of the oil-based mayo? (obviously your range will vary, but I want to know if there's a variance from normal)
              6. Do you first put the bread down in a cold pan, or after it's heated to some extent?
              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-07-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Just enough to coat. Nom stuck. Hellmans. Med to med-high heat. Hot pan. Kraft singles (duh, how else are you going to use them and how else do you bring back childhood?)
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-08-2017, 12:44 AM.
                Code:

Comment

When you use stainless, I found that mayo sticks to the pan quite a bit more than butter, which I attribute to the eggs. Also:

Nom stuck.
                  How many beers have you had tonight?

Comment

About 24
                    Code:

Comment

When you stumble on a great meal by throwing a bunch of stuff from the pantry in a pan.

Late last week I grabbed some ciabatta rolls from cub and needed to get rid of them. Cooked a few slices of bacon and left the fat. Added a little olive oil and cooked the chicken breasts (divided and flattened a little) which had salt, pepper, and thyme on both sides. After the first side was done, I flipped the chicken and added some apple cider to the pan. Let that cook, pulled the chicken and let it reduce. Made the sandwich with a little mayo, a slice of apple, the chicken, and the pan sauce, with the fixings. Probably would have been really great with a slice of red onion.

Might be one of the best chicken dishes I've ever made. They're all classic flavor combos, so it's not surprising. Just didn't expect it to be this good.
                      Code:

Comment

RIP Everyday Italian.

No future episodes are scheduled to be shown even on the Cooking Channel, which has turned into a horrid treaveling food show wasteland. Two years ago the channel was cover-to-cover cooking shows. Now it's just reality tv garbage or washed up 90s tv stars cooking bland crap.
                        Code:

Comment

RIP Everyday Italian.

No future episodes are scheduled to be shown even on the Cooking Channel, which has turned into a horrid treaveling food show wasteland. Two years ago the channel was cover-to-cover cooking shows. Now it's just reality tv garbage or washed up 90s tv stars cooking bland crap.
                          Even on Food Network, it's pretty much turned to sh-t. I can't stand Pioneer Woman, Nancy Fuller, Valerie Bertinelli, and most of the competition shows. I mean Cooks vs. Cons? Bakers vs. Fakers? Cake "Wars?" Ugh. Basically, for me, Food Network is down to whatever Giada is hosting now, Chopped, and Beat Bobby Flay. If I want good, instructional cooking, my best bet is America's Test Kitchen on PBS.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I generally like Ree Drummond's recipes, but I can't stand to watch her on TV. And the comp shows have gotten really bad. I was so glad to hear that Alton is exiting Cutthroat Kitchen and going back to his original format.

I'll admit though, Chopped is still a decent way to kill an hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Just enough to coat. Nom stuck. Hellmans. Med to med-high heat. Hot pan. Kraft singles (duh, how else are you going to use them and how else do you bring back childhood?)
                              God you've ruined grilled cheeses for me. There is nothing more disgusting in this world than mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                God you've ruined grilled cheeses for me. There is nothing more disgusting in this world than mayo
                                No, try it! It doesn't taste like mayo.

Why do you hate mayo? Are you my roommate? Because she hates mayo too.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X