This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Cold brew in the French Press for me. We have a running jar in the fridge that we add to.

Comment

The best coffee I've ever had in my life was from Bent Brewstillery in Roseville, MN. It was like drinking a fine liqueur. Super complex.

Pretty amazing for a craft brewery to have coffee that good.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Made S'mores cookies. Yum. A little fussy, because you have to top them with marshmallows and chocolate, but worth it. One of the very rare instances where I used Hershey's chocolate instead of Callebaut or Valrhona (what I usually use).

Comment

Brilliant

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I could also buy whole beans and grind them fresh for each cup, but I'm not that big of a snob (yet).
          My new hand grinder arrives tomorrow, so yep. I'm officially a coffee snob.

Comment

Brilliant

Welcome to the club!

By the way... I said "mirror, mirror on the wall, who drinks the most coffee of them all?"

Aaaaaand my mirror broke.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I do it the easy way. My Quisinart coffee maker includes a grinder. Just put in the beans and let it go.
              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                I do it the easy way. My Quisinart coffee maker includes a grinder. Just put in the beans and let it go.
                We have one of those too. Never go back.

Comment

Next time I make spaghetti sauce, I might as well start 3 hours early and make a hearty bolognese. Or, I wonder if I can make the mother Tomato sauce in the crock pot.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Anyone have a good pickle recipe? Impulse purchase at the Farmers' Market.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      Last time I made pickles I fermented them in salt brine instead of vinegar. Dill and garlic. You need decent water though to make the brine, no chlorine, bottled water I guess?. I thinks its 2 tablespoons of pickling salt to one qt water. Salt cant have iodine in it either.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I faked my way through teriyaki flank steak tacos. They were very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Alton Brown's recipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                            What kind of pickles?
                            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                              What kind of pickles?
                              I got some little cukes, and ended up doing refrigerator dills - they turned out pretty well. But I want to get some bigger cucumbers to slice up, and do something sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                                I got some little cukes, and ended up doing refrigerator dills - they turned out pretty well. But I want to get some bigger cucumbers to slice up, and do something sweeter.
                                If you like bread and butters this is a pretty foolproof recipe. Obviously can tinker with it any way one likes but it's nails in terms of a real good stock/base recipe: http://www.tasteofsouthern.com/bread...omment-page-1/
                                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X