X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    lamb and peas. I love both. He hates both
    I make my Shepherds Pie with Hamburger, not Lamb. My wife wouldn't eat it if I used lamb. Probably not authentic, but good.
    Sometimes peas, but always carrots.
    Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      My favorite. Mr les family has taken over Easter because he has been in the Tournament the last 4 yrs. They like ham. Blech. I loooooove lamb.
      When we were raising lambs, we always had leg of lamb. Good stuff. Haven't had lamb in years as no one will eat it at my house either
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Decided on BBQ pork butt for Easter. With what, I don't know.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Just made a steak at home that was far better than the steak I had in my hotel restaurant last week. That kitchen staff should feel shame.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Just made a steak at home that was far better than the steak I had in my hotel restaurant last week. That kitchen staff should feel shame.
            Good, you've mastered the art of steak cooking.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

The best steaks I've ever had have come off my own grill.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Made lemon tart the other day- oooh baby best one I have ever made. Spring is here! (and then it turned cold again)

Comment

I forgot to mention, the Xcel Energy Center has what may be the worst tasting bratwurst I've ever had. I got it from the Sausagehaus window at the X, which was limited to hot dogs and brats for this event.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Recently I learned how to caramelize onions. Basically you slice them and cook them on low heat in a fry pan (with oil) for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. It changes the flavor quite a bit. They lose the "bite" and become sweet and savory.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Ate amazing food in Ann Arbor this past weekend, including couscous Marrakesh, chicken tinga tacos, a turkey sandwich that was actually satisfying, and a chicken bruschetta pizza. Going to try and recreate some of those things at home.

Comment

Initial thoughts on the Aeropress.

Probably the smoothest, least jitter-inducing cup of coffee I've ever had. Flavorful too, though not the best ever. I suspect that can be remedied by slightly increasing the amount of coffee used, and/or letting it brew in the chamber for a bit longer than the directions indicate. I could also buy whole beans and grind them fresh for each cup, but I'm not that big of a snob (yet).

Where this thing really wins, is cleanup - it's a snap compared to other methods. You just take off the end-cap and plunge the filter/grounds straight into the trash, then rinse off the plunger and store the whole thing away.

If you only drink 1-2 cups in the morning, I'd definitely recommend it. If you're the kind of person who drinks coffee like it's going out of style, it may be too tedious to brew a cup every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Initial thoughts on the Aeropress.

Probably the smoothest, least jitter-inducing cup of coffee I've ever had. Flavorful too, though not the best ever. I suspect that can be remedied by slightly increasing the amount of coffee used, and/or letting it brew in the chamber for a bit longer than the directions indicate. I could also buy whole beans and grind them fresh for each cup, but I'm not that big of a snob (yet).

Where this thing really wins, is cleanup - it's a snap compared to other methods. You just take off the end-cap and plunge the filter/grounds straight into the trash, then rinse off the plunger and store the whole thing away.

If you only drink 1-2 cups in the morning, I'd definitely recommend it. If you're the kind of person who drinks coffee like it's going out of style, it may be too tedious to brew a cup every single time.
                          I still drink 5 cups a morning... so I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            I still drink 5 cups a morning... so I'll pass.
                            What do you use, Bob? Auto drip? French press?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              What do you use, Bob? Auto drip? French press?
                              12 cup auto drip.

Comment

I still think my $15 chefmate/mr coffee/whatever 4-cup maker is easy peasy.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X