This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

I made the much-lauded dark chocolate raspberry pie bars. They're awesome, but - how do you de-pan them, jen? My attempt was messy due to the crumbly crust.

Comment

Made a couple of Chocolate Cinnamon Babkallah for Christmas gifts. Pretty and fun to make - but I wish I could see the swirly inside. Maybe I'll guilt someone into cutting into theirs on Christmas.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I made the much-lauded dark chocolate raspberry pie bars. They're awesome, but - how do you de-pan them, jen? My attempt was messy due to the crumbly crust.
      I use parchment to line the pan, then lift the whole thing out after it's completely cool (or stick it in the fridge to cool after a while).

Comment

This was good - Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup. I used half the cheese (because that's all I had), and it was still very tasty. I also subbed 8 oz tomato sauce (no salt added) and one of those little cans of tomato paste for the diced tomatoes, since I hate diced tomatoes in soup.

Comment

My dad has requested steak for Christmas dinner.

What goes with the steak?
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

I like mashed potatoes and green beans (steamed/boiled then shocked - then sauteed with olive oil, salt, black pepper, topped with almonds or walnuts). I also like onion jam or bacon jam.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Asparagus, baked potatoes.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Creamed spinach.
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Asparagus, baked potatoes.
                  This except potatoes should be mashed. Asparagus roasted with a little olive oil for about 20 min at 400F

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

I like twice baked potatoes (plenty of easy recipes online) and roasted Brussels Sprouts (I just drizzle them with olive oil salt and pepper, wrap in tinfioil and bake til soft... Then top with a bit of vinegrette).

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      This except potatoes should be mashed. Asparagus roasted with a little olive oil for about 20 min at 400F
                      I haven't had a potato in over 4 years but I dream of baked not mashed
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Steak, mashed potatoes, and a chopped vegetable salad, with Hawaiian sweet rolls.

I cooked the steak to a perfect medium rare, so I'm happy.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Steak, mashed potatoes, and a chopped vegetable salad, with Hawaiian sweet rolls.

I cooked the steak to a perfect medium rare, so I'm happy.
                          Yum!

Comment

Cooked up some medallions in a pan and served it with sliced potatoes and string beans, along with a 2008 bottle of Beringer Cabernet on Christmas. The medallions were simple - 5 minutes per side on medium-high heat with salt and pepper only. Nearly perfectly rare/medium rare and extremely tasty.

Comment

Christmas Eve was braised lamb shanks with mashed potatoes and peas. Christmas Day was grilled steak kebabs, rice pilaf, and roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction.

Comment

So for Christmas I did the steak (fillets) with roasted Brussels Sprouts and twice baked potatoes.

I'm still seeking the perfect sauce for the fillets. The last couple of years I just did bernaise sauce from a packet, which is fine but looking for other ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X