"Well what the **** is that??"

"Salmon. Can you watch it??"

....god ****ing ****it....
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

I had black licorice ice cream tonight at a local popcorn and ice cream shop. The taste was exactly as advertised. I liked it.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Went to Anna's House in Holland today for lunch. We got a free cinnamon roll because our food took so long in coming out... and the thing has to weigh at least 2 pounds. But the icing tastes great.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Steak and Potato Skewers - these were really good, and not completely unhealthy (I got the recipe from some cookbook, I don't generally read Men's Health )

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I had black licorice ice cream tonight at a local popcorn and ice cream shop. The taste was exactly as advertised. I liked it.
            That sounds wonderful.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The original Good Eats debuted 18 years ago today. Last night, Alton sent out this Tweet:

Comment

He sent out one a month or so ago on Facebook that showed the chalkboard in the background with a theme and said they were doing shooting.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh my god yes! Read the comments on his Facebook page. Lucky Yates will be back as well!!

That video gave me goosebumps.
                  Code:

Comment

Brown Betty's Strawberry Cake recipe was an excellent use of my limited strawberry supply this year. I did cupcakes, and got 24 regular and 24 mini. Had to add a little more powdered sugar to the frosting to get it to smooth out, but it was still pretty light (sometimes too much powdered sugar makes frosting sickeningly sweet - not this one). This is better than my previous go-to strawberry cake recipe that included Jello - just used fresh or frozen strawberries for the strawberry flavor, and in both the cake and frosting. Lots of compliments.

And I put silver glittery stars on them to make them extra purdy.

Comment

Strip steak and Parmesan rosemary fingerling potatoes on the grill.

It's going to be a good night.
                      Code:

Comment

I downsized from a house to an apartment, and the apartment came furnished with an electric stove. I've been able to figure out cooking on the stove, but baking is a bummer. The only thing I can think of so far is to cut baking times in half.

Edit: Or not. Tried baking peanut butter muffins for only 15 minutes and those muffins weren't done.
                        Last edited by MissThundercat; 07-15-2017, 08:33 PM.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

It's trial and error. Also, if you don't have one already, get an oven thermometer. When it turn my oven on, my dial can sometimes be 25 degrees off from the oven temp.
                          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Have only cooked/baked predominately with electric, so unfortunately I cannot help you. However, I have see my own mother struggle with the opposite transition (electric --> gas).

I would say that because gas is "instant" heat, that means the preheat time is considerably faster. So logically, the cooking times are faster. So that makes sense for your scenario. I would just keep an eye on baked goods for the first couple of months, until you have an idea of the minutes involved.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-15-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

The only difference between gas and electric - after the pot/pan has been brought up to temp - is that when you remove your pot/pan from the heat, you're just turning off the stove and not requiring more open space to safely place said pot/pan.

I grilled with a charcoal grill for the first time ever last night. It went a well, though the grill produced more smoke than I anticipated. And I likely grilled the burgers a little long, too.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Zone your charcoal. I swear I'm the only one I see who does this (though I'm sure many do)

I push all of my coals over to one side of the grill so I can sear and then effectively bake whatever I'm grilling. Start hot and then move it all the way away from the coals. Both with the cover on.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X