X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by jen View Post
    I bought something called coffee flour (made from powdered beans, I guess). Says you can use it for baking. I am thinking I might try it in some banana bread or brownies. Had never seen it before.
    How much did you spend on it?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I bought something called coffee flour (made from powdered beans, I guess).
      How is that not just slapping a fancy label on a Turkish grind?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        How is that not just slapping a fancy label on a Turkish grind?
        This is finer than a fine grind. $3 for 8 oz. Figured it was worth an experiment. I've used espresso powder before, but always in small quantities. This claims to partially replace flour, rather than being added to it (they have the conversions on the package).

Comment

This is finer than a fine grind. $3 for 8 oz. Figured it was worth an experiment. I've used espresso powder before, but always in small quantities. This claims to partially replace flour, rather than being added to it (they have the conversions on the package).
          Gluten free, grain free

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Carne asada tacos tonight.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Chocolate peanut butter bread. Used crunchy peanut butter, and it was good.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Carne asada tacos tonight.
                Great googly moogly. These are good.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Getting a bonus for all my committee-work at the hospital and am looking to spend it on a Weber. Thinking 3 burners, but trying to decide between the Genesis and the Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                    Getting a bonus for all my committee-work at the hospital and am looking to spend it on a Weber. Thinking 3 burners, but trying to decide between the Genesis and the Spirit.
                    I've had a Genesis for 15 years, can get parts easily, have replaced burners, ignitor, flavor bars and grills. I think the spirit is a made in China to get lower price unit. I use my Genesis all year long.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      I've had a Genesis for 15 years, can get parts easily, have replaced burners, ignitor, flavor bars and grills. I think the spirit is a made in China to get lower price unit. I use my Genesis all year long.
                      We were thinking of the Spirit before I got the bonus, now with the extra money, I feel like it's worth spending.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        I have a 3-burner Spirit. Had a few ignition problems, but it's been pretty good.

Comment

Been baking for a gathering with a Cinco de May theme -

gluten free vanilla cupcakes with Horchata frosting
                          Pan de Elote (in muffin form) - I did these last year, and am defrosting the corn first this time
                          Margarita cakes
                          Mexican hot chocolate shortbread cookies
                          gluten free Mexican brownies (KAF mix + cayenne)
                          cinnamon churro scones (I made this up - cinnamon, caramel bits, and a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping)
                          spicy pepper cheese scones (this too - 1 jalapeno, 1/2 tsp ancho powder, and tequila habanero cheese - not sure the ancho made any difference, though)
                          Cocadas
                          gluten free Mexican wedding cookies

Not on theme:
                          Raspberry Blueberry coffee cake
                          Chocolate Raspberry oat bars
                          Peach cobbler muffins

Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookie bars were a huge fail. I used a little too much dulce de leche and they wouldn't stay in bar form and were WAY too sweet. So I toasted some pecans, ground them up, toasted some unsweetened coconut, added more mini chocolate chips, made an 8x8 yellow cake and crumbled it - and voila, dulce de leche coconut pecan cake balls. They're pretty good, but there are a LOT of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Chocolate peanut butter bread. Used crunchy peanut butter, and it was good.
                            It was alright, but not as good as I wanted. But the crunchy PB gave me an idea. Instead of PB, just use roughly chopped peanuts. And I'll do that for the banana bread I wanted as well.

Comment

Started drinking La Croix water.

Yeah, it's the stuff of hipstering Instagramming selfie-taking Millennials, but it's actually a decent alternative if you're looking to kick soda. Zero calories, zero sugar or HFCS, and tastes passable for what it is. Liking the cherry lime flavor.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Fromage D'affinois. Carmelized onion and artichoke with Herbes de Provence. Toasted baguette.

This was my best idea in ages. Messy though.

Comment

Working...
                                X