X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by jen View Post
    Now I'm looking at pour-over coffee machines, and I'm afraid my Le Creuset hankering may be short-lived.

Do you like the stock pot? I read some not-great reviews when I was considering it a while back. I have a few of the bakers too - great quality, and so easy to clean. I also have some of their spatulas (not enough), and they're great quality. It looks like they redesigned them, though.
    I love the function of the stockpot but the enamel on the edges of the bottom and by the handles have chipped over the yrs.

Comment

I have a bunch le creuset stuff, tough , heavy, last a lifetime and more. Some I got new, some came from my mom.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Made-up a "Thai-inspired" pork stew on a whim tonight. It actually came out pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Made-up a "Thai-inspired" pork stew on a whim tonight. It actually came out pretty well.
          Long pork?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Long pork?
            *vom*

Just steam-fried some goyza. This is one of the reasons why I weigh 30 lbs. more than I should.

Comment

Tomorrow I’m doing a dress rehearsal of my super bowl party foods with the exception of the wings. Making sure they don’t need any tweaks.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I’ll take it if you don’t want it

I’ve wanted one for quite a while lol
                Le crueset outlet in Eagan. I got a Dutch oven and everyday braiser for a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                  But do you have two and love them both? I'm not totally convinced I need another one. Right now leaning towards knives.
                  I am not sure how we missed this soft ball but are you going to use the knives for cooking or nefarious things?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Tomorrow I’m doing a dress rehearsal of my super bowl party foods with the exception of the wings. Making sure they don’t need any tweaks.
                    Chili’s good. Made some yesterday. Thanks again.
                    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

You’re welcome. It’s good stuff. Many years of refinement.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Le crueset outlet in Eagan. I got a Dutch oven and everyday braiser for a great price.
                        Thanks. I will keep that in mind.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          You have a Super Bowl party?

I am thinking I'm going to go to a sports bar, and party my *** off, and hopefully burn some couches after the purple bring home the 'chip.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            You have a Super Bowl party?

I am thinking I'm going to go to a sports bar, and party my *** off, and hopefully burn some couches after the purple bring home the 'chip.
                            I'm going bowling. 49 cents a lane...

Tonight, I'll make a crunchy peanut butter and chocolate chip muffin, pumpkin spice biscotti, and olive burgers.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Somewhat cooking related, I'm so glad Pinterest added the names back of who pinned things on the mobile app.

I have one Meyer lemon on my lemon tree. I'm thinking Lemon Madeleines (just bought a pan). Still haven't baked much since Christmas, although I made a peach berry slab pie last week in an effort to use up some of the fruit in my freezer. I also baked bread for the first time since October (since I had 10 loaves of bread in my freezer that are finally gone).

Comment

I just got a baking cookbook from the library, and the author puts balsamic vinegar in half his recipes. And oh, the herbs. Stop trying to savory my sweet. We get it, you’re oh-so-trendy.

Edit: lemon matcha yeasted waffles with rosemary maple syrup. Seriously?
                                Last edited by jen; 02-05-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X