X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Good luck with brakes in Maine, a few winters of salt and calcium chloride, torches , cutting wheels and sawzalls replace wrenches. 2013 gmc, all 4 calipers had to be replaced, not one would move..Broke snap on Allen socket on bolts. Brakes used to be simple.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    We have salt in MN too. Tons of it. It sucks.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      We have salt in MN too. Tons of it. It sucks.
      It's the pretreatment more than the salt. Once they started using calcium things changed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Calcium isn’t necessarily pretreatment only. It’s only used when temps are too cold for rock salt. Even in MN they mostly use rock salt or sodium solution. They tend to blend in the more expensive stuff rather than use it solo.

Pretreatment can be a lot of things. Calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, an acetate, or even other liquid chemicals.

I got bored once day and read the mndot road treatment manual.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Calcium isn’t necessarily pretreatment only. It’s only used when temps are too cold for rock salt. Even in MN they mostly use rock salt or sodium solution. They tend to blend in the more expensive stuff rather than use it solo.

Pretreatment can be a lot of things. Calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, an acetate, or even other liquid chemicals.

I got bored once day and read the mndot road treatment manual.
          Yeah, they are mixing it up around here also. Regular steel brake lines that have been used since I was kid might not last more than one winter here. So what ever they are using, kills steel in a hurry. I'm going to pull all 8 caliper bolts this summer, clean and replace the grease on bolts and in caliper slide area. I had to use a 20 ton press to get a caliper bolt out of a slide once I had cut it off the vehicle. I heated the caliper cherry red and the bolt still wouldn't move without sticking it in a press. Probably some dissimilar metals at work here also
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

THis is the cooking thread, right? I was soo confused when I was reading thru earlier COuldn't think what thread I was on. Now I know I wasn't confused. We are on a tangent.

Comment

We made a brinner quiche for Pi Day; 6 egg with bacon (had to use the leftover uncooked ), sweet peppers, onion, cayenne pepper, and something else I'm forgetting. Tasty stuff.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                We made a brinner quiche for Pi Day; 6 egg with bacon (had to use the leftover uncooked ), sweet peppers, onion, cayenne pepper, and something else I'm forgetting. Tasty stuff.
                Now I will not have gone my entire life without seeing the word "brinner."

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Now I will not have gone my entire life without seeing the word "brinner."
                  I do what I can to help broaden your worldly horizons. The simple tasks, you know?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I do what I can to help broaden your worldly horizons. The simple tasks, you know?
                    Life? Don't talk to me about life.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Brinner is a dumb word. It’s not like brunch where it’s a different meal altogether.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Made my grandma's bean soup tonight. 5 ingredients, and probably the best soup I've ever had. Started boiling the ham bone at 2:30 this afternoon.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

making my world beating chili tonight for a chili feed. Decided to try Hy-Vee’s chorizo. I honestly don’t know if it’s better than Cub’s. I like the way Cub’s cooks better and the flavor is somewhat close.

Was hoping Hy-Vee had a chili grind of some chuck. That would have been a nice find.
                          Code:

Comment

bump
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Had a deep craving for some good German food. I’m trying my hand at Wiener schnitzel with potatoes and a Kaiserschmarrn with apple compote.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Had a deep craving for some good German food. I’m trying my hand at Wiener schnitzel with potatoes and a Kaiserschmarrn with apple compote.
                                YUM!! Can't say I have ever craved German food but I want what ever that is!

Comment

Working...
                                X