X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I made the dark chocolate buttercrunch that jen had posted in her long list of cookies. So good.
    Gave some to my mother-in-law as a gift. If I don't eat it all by Friday, some will go to Texas for my family to try.
    The buttercrunch is, by far, the most popular thing I make for Christmas.

Originally posted by jen View Post
    I have some cute gingerbread icing decorations to use, so I made David Lebovitz' Guinness and Gingerbread cupcakes. Topping them with my caramel cream cheese maple rum glaze instead of frosting.
    **** you, Lebovitz. I generally trust his recipes and don't question them if they don't seem right - because he knows more than I do. If this was from a MommyBlog, I wouldn't have filled the cupcake cups that full. But I believed him when he said "divide the batter evenly between cups" rather than the usual "fill 3/4 of the way". Cupcakes mushroomed on me and didn't bake evenly. And now I'm still stuck with the gingerbread decorations.

Comment

• Christmas: ham, Brussels sprouts with bacon, and mashed sweet potatoes turned out great.

Now to have some alcohol and Panettone.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Christmas: ham, Brussels sprouts with bacon, and mashed sweet potatoes turned out great.

Now to have some alcohol and Panettone.
        What is this? someone gave us one. Never had it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          What is this? someone gave us one. Never had it before.
          Here. Better than fruitcake.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panettone
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Better than fruitcake.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So for no apparent reason I remembered I had a Trader Joe's near me. The Green Dragon hot sauce is now officially my jam. I'm putting that on everything going forward. I might even start drinking the stuff.

Favorite Trader Joe's items, go.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                So for no apparent reason I remembered I had a Trader Joe's near me. The Green Dragon hot sauce is now officially my jam. I'm putting that on everything going forward. I might even start drinking the stuff.

Favorites - cheese case, hummus and dips, a lot of the canned goods (especially the tuna - almost the same quality as Wild Planet, but 1/2 the price), nuts, some of the crackers, frozen seafood, Greek yogurt, and the frozen Indian entrees and sides. The bottled "Moroccan mint" tea and sparkling juices are also good. I'll indulge in the packaged smoked salmon from time-to-time, but it's not a bargain, and neither is the rest of their meat case.

Hit or miss - frozen appetizers, which are usually overpriced for what you get anyway.

Their sriracha is just OK - more of a "beginner" sriracha. Not as good as Huy Fong's "rooster sauce". And their produce is usually a joke.

Comment

Cookie butter. It’s the only thing from there I’ve had.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Almost forgot, during the holidays - Triple Ginger Brew. Comparable to Vernor's on kick, but has a fresher taste.

Comment

I got a blue steel pan for Christmas. My family has already asked me to make Detroit pizza for New Year's Eve. It seems like maybe they had an ulterior motive with that particular gift.

Do I need a 6.75 quart oval Le Creuset Dutch oven? This is in addition to the 4.5 quart round one I have. Have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and can only spend it in limited places.

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Winter wake up tea. Cranberry/chicken/kale salad. Pretzel croissants. Cheese - especially the unexpected cheddar (cheddar/parm mix). Also agree on the Indian frozen entrees.

Have not been impressed with the frozen desserts/ice cream things. I go there a lot, I'm sure I forgot stuff.

Comment

I got a blue steel pan for Christmas. My family has already asked me to make Detroit pizza for New Year's Eve. It seems like maybe they had an ulterior motive with that particular gift.

Do I need a 6.75 quart oval Le Creuset Dutch oven? This is in addition to the 4.5 quart round one I have. Have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and can only spend it in limited places.

Winter wake up tea. Cranberry/chicken/kale salad. Pretzel croissants. Cheese - especially the unexpected cheddar (cheddar/parm mix). Also agree on the Indian frozen entrees.

Have not been impressed with the frozen desserts/ice cream things. I go there a lot, I'm sure I forgot stuff.
                        Yes I have one and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Yes I have one and I love it.
                          But do you have two and love them both? I'm not totally convinced I need another one. Right now leaning towards knives.

Comment

I’ll take it if you don’t want it

I’ve wanted one for quite a while lol
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But do you have two and love them both? I'm not totally convinced I need another one. Right now leaning towards knives.
                              I have the stock pot, the 2 of them, a couple of bakers, etc. Great for when people come to dinner- you can use it as a serving dishes after you have baked/prepped in them.

Comment

Now I'm looking at pour-over coffee machines, and I'm afraid my Le Creuset hankering may be short-lived.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                I have the stock pot, the 2 of them, a couple of bakers, etc. Great for when people come to dinner- you can use it as a serving dishes after you have baked/prepped in them.
                                Do you like the stock pot? I read some not-great reviews when I was considering it a while back. I have a few of the bakers too - great quality, and so easy to clean. I also have some of their spatulas (not enough), and they're great quality. It looks like they redesigned them, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X