Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red beans and rice. But it was a healthy beans and rice. It was filling, yes, but didn't taste very good. So, now I'm looking for a traditional recipe.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Thanksgiving. Kind of stuck. Thinking roast duck and orange sauce, sauteed butternut squash, and a starch of some kind.

As for dessert, I want to make it myself. But I may not have enough time to make a pie. So..
      bread pudding with chocolate sauce?
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Thanksgiving. Kind of stuck. Thinking roast duck and orange sauce, sauteed butternut squash, and a starch of some kind.

As for dessert, I want to make it myself. But I may not have enough time to make a pie. So..
        bread pudding with chocolate sauce?
        This coming Monday or next month??
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          This coming Monday or next month??
          Thanksgiving next month.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Red beans and rice. But it was a healthy beans and rice. It was filling, yes, but didn't taste very good. So, now I'm looking for a traditional recipe.
            Pork.

Just like collard greens, they need piggy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Pork.

Just like collard greens, they need piggy.
              Kale is in that boat too. Kale with bacon is the only way I can eat it.

Comment

• Pork tenderloin. Cooked it right, but need to impart more flavor.

As for beans and rice, not only pork, but I could do a Spanish or yellow rice.

Comment

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Kale is in that boat too. Kale with bacon is the only way I can eat it.
                  After hearing all the complaining about kale I went ahead and tried it. How bad could it be?

It should be a war crime. I can't imagine anyone eats that crap for any other reason than ideology.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    After hearing all the complaining about kale I went ahead and tried it. How bad could it be?

It should be a war crime. I can't imagine anyone eats that crap for any other reason than ideology.
                    And now they're trying to sneak it into salads that have other greens in them already.

Kale's a horrible thing that's only edible in the strictest sense of the word.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Amen on the kale, my brothers. However, Trader Joe's has a salad that has kale in it, and I will admit it's pretty good, but everything else in the salad overpowers the kale. But generally kale = yuck, IMO. I made a curry dish that called for it once, and haven't used it since. It was AWFUL.

I don't like collard greens, either. Had them at Mary Mac's Tea Room in Atlanta, so don't tell me they didn't make them correctly.
                      Last edited by jen; 10-16-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

My Dad LOVES kale. I try it every few yrs. Nope. Love spinach and use that as a sub.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with kale, unless you also hate broccoli.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I love broccoli. I'ts my favorite.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              As long as you don't try to eat it.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tried making chicken cordon bleu tonight with pancetta from Northern Waters Smokehouse. Pretty good stuff. Need to make some edits for next time though.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X