This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #174: Spring Cleaning

Howdy. Here in Baton Rouge (about 2 miles SW of Tiger Stadium, to be exact). 6 more days of boats and barges left (That's 72 hours of work to go).

It's only been 7.5 days so far and I'm riding the struggle bus. I guess that should be expected after 7 weeks off.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Going to the Whioux bar after work today.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I wonder how the *HT is at the new Lodge.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          An Edina player taunting the Burnsville student section on a goal to make it 10-1 sums up those cake eaters quite well.

(I did say little, no?)
          I was going to comment Can you spell BENCH? but then you did quite well with typing what I was thinking. Win with class, lose with class.

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          So because it's a rivalry and there is past history you're okay with it? If that kid plays on my team he's benched immediately, he gets an earful, and I'm apologizing to the other coach. It's a lack of respect and extremely arrogant. I say win and lose with class. Respect your opponents and fear none of them. More importantly, represent your teammates, school, and community with humility and class. How many youth players watched that happen, thought it was cool, or laughed about it?

If a kid scores a game winner or a go ahead goal in a game and celebrates in front of another student section more power to him. It's high school athletics and it's ultimately about making memories and having the time of your life with the kids you've grown up with.*

Yes, I'd say the same thing if it were a Burnsville kid scoring the 10th goal of the game on Edina as well.

*I have no problem with the score at 10-1 either, presuming top line guys weren't going every other shift or whatever. If you're roling four lines and scoring goals, I have no issues; so long as its done respectfully. (Put it in the net, give your buddy a fist bump if you want, and hit the face off dot. You only get so many chances to play and particularly during playoff time there's no time to develop bad habits and correct them. Additionally, the kids work extremely hard to be the best they can; why 'punish' them for being better than a team?
          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I wonder how the *HT is at the new Lodge.
          I hope I don't end up seeing you there tonight! Maybe new lodge = new Mojo.

Comment

Morning Lodge.

I don't like 8 PM starts on weeknights. Too old for this shlt.

Comment

Good morning Lodge and Happy Friday. Been at work since a little before 8am. Drove in today. Wanted to leave early because traffic has been crap - it wasn't this morning - and parking has been almost non-existent - it almost was. My outdoor teeny lot wasn't an option because it's bone chilling cold and I haven't even seen it since before all the snow so it may not even be open. The garage I go to when I can't get into that lot was full. At 7:30. thankfully another garage across the street still had spots. I have no idea how much that one costs. I do believe it's significanly cheaper than the garage under our building. Planning to leave at 4 to wind my way through the city to get to campus for the game tonight. It's pretty cold this morning.

Did everyone see all the internet chatter about what color the dress is? I saw blue and black. I thought the people who saw white and gold were just doing that to get a rise out of everyone who saw blue and black. I asked one of my co-workers this morning is she saw it on Twitter last night and she hadn't so I showed her and she says it's white and gold. I was flabbergasted. She was too when I said I saw blue and black. It was truly weirdness all around.

Comment

White and gold. I made an effort to see blue and black, and nope.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  White and gold. I made an effort to see blue and black, and nope.
                  Yep, with you. I see no hint of blue or black. Not sure where that comes from.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Morning

My phone upgraded to the new Android OS finally today. Hope it's an actual improvement!
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Well, I think it would be faster! I have a 12 noon bridal shower that Saturday. If BU has the East or Northeast regional with Sat/Sun games, what times are the games? Because I could do both. If they have the Fri/Sat and lose Friday, I won't have to worry now, will I? If they go to either Fargo or South Bend, I won't make the shower. Depends on where they get seeded and where the games are once the seedings happen. I have plans mookie!!! Jeez. Plus, I have already put in for taking that Friday off. If I need to make it Monday, I would like to know. I am a busy person!!!!!!

ETA: Also, to counteract any jinx I may have just placed on them, I am fully aware if they lose both games this weekend and fail to make it to the Garden for the HE tournament, this may not even be an issue.
                      I remember those days. It seems like just a few years ago, I would watch selection Sunday with anticipation (even though we pretty much knew who was going where after reading bracketology). Immediately afterwards my friend (Jeff, the one I was with at BU this year) and I would start making reservations. I miss those days where my team always made the tournament, and my football team always played in a bowl game.

As for the dress, white and gold. I can maybe see light blue for the white if I just look at the bottom half, but I don't know how people see the gold as black.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

The dress thing seems like a trick for only 1 reason. People have pictures side by side of the dress being different colors.

If it was truly your eyes perception then the side by side photos would be the same color. But they arent.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It's blue and black.

This should be a great weekend. Never been a bigger regular season series here ever.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Good morning Lodge and Happy Friday. Been at work since a little before 8am. Drove in today. Wanted to leave early because traffic has been crap - it wasn't this morning - and parking has been almost non-existent - it almost was. My outdoor teeny lot wasn't an option because it's bone chilling cold and I haven't even seen it since before all the snow so it may not even be open. The garage I go to when I can't get into that lot was full. At 7:30. thankfully another garage across the street still had spots. I have no idea how much that one costs. I do believe it's significanly cheaper than the garage under our building. Planning to leave at 4 to wind my way through the city to get to campus for the game tonight. It's pretty cold this morning.

Did everyone see all the internet chatter about what color the dress is? I saw blue and black. I thought the people who saw white and gold were just doing that to get a rise out of everyone who saw blue and black. I asked one of my co-workers this morning is she saw it on Twitter last night and she hadn't so I showed her and she says it's white and gold. I was flabbergasted. She was too when I said I saw blue and black. It was truly weirdness all around.
                            I don't get that stupidity.

Comment

So another one of my co-workers who saw white and gold just saw a different post on Facebook and said "OMG I see blue and black now! Come over here!" So I went over to her desk to look and I saw white and gold. I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Morning Lodge.

I don't like 8 PM starts on weeknights. Too old for this shlt.
                                My brother was mad, he forgot the game was even being played last night until he read my text asking if he was at the game. He also said that he never would've gone because of the late start time and he has an early start time for his job (6-230 shift).
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X