Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2015 - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2015 - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Connie Mack.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't understand that stat. How can two people be part of 2500 games a year for 100 years?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

No, no. At least one of them has been in MLB since the late 1800's. Mack finally retired in 1950 after managing the A's for 50 years, and playing before that. Scully broke in with the Dodgers in 1950.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          No, no. At least one of them has been in MLB since the late 1800's. Mack finally retired in 1950 after managing the A's for 50 years, and playing before that. Scully broke in with the Dodgers in 1950.
          Ah ok. I blame hoven for the poor wording.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Do any of you bet on baseball? Kind of curious as to what your success is and what you like to pick..(totals, money lines, etc.)
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Do any of you bet on baseball? Kind of curious as to what your success is and what you like to pick..(totals, money lines, etc.)
              Betting on baseball regular season games seems like a losing prop. Even the best teams are losing 40% of the time.

Plus scoring can be wildly different day-to-day for teams.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Harvey vs Strasburg today. Could be good!
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Peter Gammons turned 70 today.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I love opening day, but hate opening week. The Cubs have now played all of 2 games in 5 days thanks to a rain out. The season just started; let's save some off days for the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Harvey vs Strasburg today. Could be good!
                      Oh, it's good. Just not for Washington.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Betting on baseball regular season games seems like a losing prop. Even the best teams are losing 40% of the time.

Plus scoring can be wildly different day-to-day for teams.
                        I agree. I was just curious is anyone has had any success with it.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

So the over/under on wins for the Twins this season was set at 73.5 (when I had checked in late-March).

Maybe they should have set that the same for runs scored this season...24 innings played...ZERO runs. I wonder what the record is for scoreless innings to start a season?
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            So the over/under on wins for the Twins this season was set at 73.5 (when I had checked in late-March).

Maybe they should have set that the same for runs scored this season...24 innings played...ZERO runs. I wonder what the record is for scoreless innings to start a season?
                            Hey... the Twins got 1 today!
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Hey the Twins scored a run. We're coming! We're coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Hey the Twins scored a run. We're coming! We're coming!
                                I'm almost ready to make a dollar bet that the Twins' losses are more than a third of their "runs scored."
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X