Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2015 - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2015 - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Originally posted by CLS View Post
    Which begs the question: If he isn't doing it now, and if he can do it at his age after having taken a year off, why was he such a moron to do it in the first place?
    Because he was a moron?

Kind of answered your own question there.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Most people do it to heal more quickly than they would without. That's my guess.

Or, he found a new substance that isn't detected.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Most people do it to heal more quickly than they would without. That's my guess.

Or, he found a new substance that isn't detected.
        That is a reason. See: Pitchers.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Bumgarner takes Kershaw deep. That's his 7th career HR in 308 ab.

Pitcher on pitcher crime!

He's hitting HR at almost the same rate as Mauer for his career.
          Last edited by JF_Gophers; 05-21-2015, 03:35 PM.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Was at the Red Sox game tonight - it was Luis Tiant bobble head night!!! Anyway, not the reason for this post. I noticed that there is now a clock that counts down time between each half of an inning. Not sure if that's for the batter to start the inning or the pitcher. At any rate, neither team ran out of time, but my question is - what if they had? What is the penalty? It's not like they play with 8 players. Is it an automatic out? What if it's the pitcher's fault? The Red Sox were so terrible I spent most of my time at the game trying to figure it out.

Comment

Probably a ball.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Was at the Red Sox game tonight - it was Luis Tiant bobble head night!!! Anyway, not the reason for this post. I noticed that there is now a clock that counts down time between each half of an inning. Not sure if that's for the batter to start the inning or the pitcher. At any rate, neither team ran out of time, but my question is - what if they had? What is the penalty? It's not like they play with 8 players. Is it an automatic out? What if it's the pitcher's fault? The Red Sox were so terrible I spent most of my time at the game trying to figure it out.
                If the batter isn't in the box before the clock gets down to :15, it's an automatic strike; if the batter is ready and the pitcher doesn't start his wind-up before the end of the clock, it's an automatic ball.

Honestly, if they wanted to speed up play, they could easily chop :30-1:00 off that clock.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Don't ask Bryce Harper:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eps-out-of-box

Comment

That ump is a doosh. He clearly needs to go
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So nice to have the Cubs somewhat relevant again. The future is bright and in 2017 it will be a Cubs/Twins Workd Series.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        So nice to have the Cubs somewhat relevant again. The future is bright and in 2017 it will be a Cubs/Twins Workd Series.
                        The Mets beg to differ.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Anyone be interested in $1.00 (or other) USCHO DraftKings.com games a few days a week for MLB? If we could get 5 or 10 people that would be ideal.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Reds' manager gets tossed during the pregame lineup exchange.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rizzo with 6 RBI last night including a 3 run blast in the top of the 9th to win it. If the Cubs can keep him and Bryant together for years to come we could see the best one two punch in the majors. Rizzo is only 26 and Bryant 23. Throw in Russell and the future is looking good for my lovable Cubbies.
                              Last edited by icehawk; 05-24-2015, 09:13 AM.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Another pitcher ejected last night for a foreign substance. This time from the Orioles.

Then I saw Buster Olney on Twitter this morning campaigning for the Players Union to stand up and represent everyone, because apparently both pitchers AND hitters want pitchers to use substances because it offers them more control. Quite the difference in viewpoint compared to what's going on in the NFL right now.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X