Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2015 - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2015 - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Norm or Dave?
    the kind with considerations.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Pete Abraham's piece on a change in baseball's hall of fame eligible voters.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...r1L/story.html
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Pete Abraham's piece on a change in baseball's hall of fame eligible voters.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...r1L/story.html
        I don't know about this. A player with a 15-year career becomes eligible 20 years after his first game. You're excluding voters who saw half his career, while admitting voters who saw just a third of his career.

For a 20-year career, you're excluding voters who saw 3/4 of his career, while admitting voters who saw just a quarter of his career.

For a 20-year career who has been on the ballot for 5 years, you're excluding voters who saw all of his career, while admitting voters who saw none of his career.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I don't know about this. A player with a 15-year career becomes eligible 20 years after his first game. You're excluding voters who saw half his career, while admitting voters who saw just a third of his career.

For a 20-year career, you're excluding voters who saw 3/4 of his career, while admitting voters who saw just a quarter of his career.

For a 20-year career who has been on the ballot for 5 years, you're excluding voters who saw all of his career, while admitting voters who saw none of his career.
          What percentage of a player's career is a voter actually "watching" though. Unless you happen to be the beat writer of the team that player played for, anything you actually see of him is anecdotal at best.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            What percentage of a player's career is a voter actually "watching" though. Unless you happen to be the beat writer of the team that player played for, anything you actually see of him is anecdotal at best.
            But part of it is having a good understanding of the game itself during those 20 years, the candidate's contemporaries and where the candidate stood relative to them.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Fan falls over the railing in the 7th during the Yankees / Braves game. Game continues as EMT's worked on person before transporting them to local hospital. Area was caution taped off (from what I saw on Twitter). http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/819052 Game continued with no stoppage in play.

When will they extend the netting to the upper deck to protect drunks from falling?
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Fan falls over the railing in the 7th during the Yankees / Braves game. Game continues as EMT's worked on person before transporting them to local hospital. Area was caution taped off (from what I saw on Twitter). http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/819052 Game continued with no stoppage in play.

When will they extend the netting to the upper deck to protect drunks from falling?
                Per Twitter, Atlanta Police have reportedly announced he has died.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Per Twitter, Atlanta Police have reportedly announced he has died.
                  Didn't see any report that the guy was drunk -- he was reported as 60 years old, which makes it slightly less likely. On the other hand, it's even more frightening if he wasn't drunk. That means the stadium isn't even safe for sober folks.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    Didn't see any report that the guy was drunk -- he was reported as 60 years old, which makes it slightly less likely. On the other hand, it's even more frightening if he wasn't drunk. That means the stadium isn't even safe for sober folks.
                    I assumed, since it happened when Alex Rodriguez was being announced as a pinch hitter, that the fan was drunk and trying to boo A-Rod.

http://deadspin.com/braves-fan-dies-...eck-1727545306

The fatal fall was about 85 feet. According to a witness, Murrey fell from the second row and was, “acting belligerently drunk all game.” When Rodriguez came to the plate, he arose suddenly to yell something and then slipped and fell over the guardrail.
                    And my hunch may have been right.

This is the third death at Turner Field in it's short 20 year existence. They can't move to Sun Trust Park soon enough, eh?
                    Last edited by aparch; 08-30-2015, 02:03 PM.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Arrieta is having a special night thru 7.

Comment

• Still special through 8. Will be a PH then top of the order in the 9th.

Comment

Still special thru 8.1. Top of the order up now.

Comment

2 outs now.

Comment

And he gets the Nono to salvage the road trip.

Comment

No-no for Arrieta.

Dodgers are the first team to be no hit twice in a 9 day span since 1923.

Comment

Working...
                                X