• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    CMT has that movie quite a bit, also.

It's like in PCU:

Tom: What's he doin?
    Droz: He's finishing his senior thesis. Pigman is trying to prove the Caine-Hackman theory. No matter what time it is, 24 hours a day, you can find a Michael Caine or Gene Hackman movie playing on TV.
    Tom: That's his thesis?
    Droz: You can major in Game Boy if you know how to BS!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread: New, Rental, Streaming

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I went into it with low expectations so it was okay. Not nearly as bad as breakaway but I don't know if that's really saying much...
      Not saying this is the case here, but many went into it getting ready to compare it to Slap Shot. You cannot do that.

Would You Rather

Girl needs money to pay for brother's medical bills. She somewhat unknowingly enters a sadistic millionaire's game that involves a group of people in similar situations, where the winner gets everything taken care of. Similar to 13 Sins, which I really liked. The ending could have gone many ways, and I think they chose the correct way to end it. Worth watching if you are into drastic moral dilemma plots.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Independence Day Resurgence?

Yes please!!!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/883...gence-synopsis

Still one of my all time favorite summer movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Still one of my all time favorite summer movies.
          The family plot element was one of the all-time worst. Other than that, it was pure dumb fun.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The family plot element was one of the all-time worst. Other than that, it was pure dumb fun.

Sorry, but there are no flaws with that movie.

It's a cinematic masterpiece.

PS - Although it would have been quite possibly the best movie of all time had they went with the other ending where Quaid flies his crop duster into the beam thingy to destroy the ship.

Comment

It's a cinematic masterpiece.

PS - Although it would have been quite possibly the best movie of all time had they went with the other ending where Quaid flies his crop duster into the beam thingy to destroy the ship.

Was that really a choice? Even so, I dunno... the end was so idiotic that its idiocy has now become part of its charm.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Was that really a choice? Even so, I dunno... the end was so idiotic that its idiocy has now become part of its charm.
                Yeah, it was. I've seen alternate ending clips with Randy in his crop duster. I think a missile might have been strapped to it, too. Because, you know, flying a crop duster into a dog fight filled with spacecrafts and F-18s will clearly lead to flying a bi-plane into the main weapon of the non-mother mothership (auntship?).
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Certainly there was. That the alien ship ran some sort of Mac OS seems to be a pretty major flaw.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The new Vacation movie looks awful. Just awful. I think it might even be worse than European Vacation. The only saving grace is there's no way it could possibly be worse than Vegas Vacation.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      The new Vacation movie looks awful. Just awful. I think it might even be worse than European Vacation. The only saving grace is there's no way it could possibly be worse than Vegas Vacation.
                      Euro Vac was ok. Vegas was an abomination.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Kingsman was a fun watch in a "Mars Attacks" kind of way. I must admit it was more salty that what we expected after watching the trailer.
                        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Saw The Judge last night. Very good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Saw The Judge last night. Very good movie.
                            Good to hear. I heard it fell short of its potential, but I still want to see it.

Along the "potential" angle:

Life Of Crime

Guys kidnap trophy wife for ransom, get more than they bargained for. This could have been so much better than it was; really disjointed at times, and the ending really didn't make sense at all, logically. The acting was really good considering what they had to work with, pertaining to the direction/writing. Worth a peek, but don't go into it expecting a whole lot.

Comment

Glen Campbell "I'll Be Me" documentary.

Friggin' sad, yet amazing. Details his battle with Alzheimer's. CNN is showing it. It's pretty much all the feels. He shreds the guitar, but forgets where the bathroom is, that sort of thing. Amazing how the mind works.

Comment

Creed, the next chapter in the Rocky Saga (he trains Creed's son) looks pretty decent
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X