Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Speak of the devil, Michigan Tech just got a commitment from Keegan Ford who currently plays for the USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints...the overstated USHL drought is over.

Ford left Wisconsin in December after starting his freshman season there this October...can't blame him for getting out of that *@#$ Show
    So I assume he'll sit the transfer year and have three years left starting in 2016-2017?

EDIT: Or does the transfer year not apply because Eaves agreed to release him?
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-03-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      So I assume he'll sit the transfer year and have three years left starting in 2016-2017?

EDIT: Or does the transfer year not apply because Eaves agreed to release him?
      I expect him to suit up for the 2016-17 season but I'm not sure if he'll have 2 or 3 years of eligibility left.

EDIT: looks like he'll have 3 years since clock started this year and he has 5 to play 4.
      Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-03-2015, 07:48 PM.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Speak of the devil, Michigan Tech just got a commitment from Keegan Ford who currently plays for the USHL Dubuque Fighting Saints...the overstated USHL drought is over.

Ford left Wisconsin in December after starting his freshman season there this October...can't blame him for getting out of that *@#$ Show
        I knew that name sounded familiar. Good for him.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Hilarious, the fake billy Muckalt account predicted this back in November...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

Go read the Wisconsin board about Ford's decision. It's good for a laugh.

Comment

Jake Jackson likes the playoffs.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                It's a depressing thread in every way.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Was going to post this but I see Shirtless edited his post regarding the eligibility remaining. This article from December has Keegan playing in USHL again next year and then will have 3 years of eligibility left.

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...892faa7f7.html
                  Ford, who had two assists, nine shots and was minus-4 in his 12 outings, said he will finish out the semester academically before returning to Dubuque of the U.S. Hockey League. He said he’ll play for the Fighting Saints again in 2015-16 before trying to land at another Division I school, where he’ll have three years of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    The best post was:
                    Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Wisconsin hockey: We're losing kids to Michigan Tech because of hockey reasons.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The Keegan Ford decision is probably a nice thing for Tech but I'm wondering if it is the best decision for him. He left a Wisconsin program that he was playing every game, albeit not winning, so probably not having a ton of fun; but they have improved and will most likely continue to improve. If he comes in to Tech in 16-17 who is he going to bump? You will have our current D core (Liebinger, Hanna, Watson, Roy, Auk) hopefully still firmly entrenched and depending on their performance Birks, Cooper Watson and Rienke already here battling for the one remaining D spot. Unless he is an absolute stud I don't see him playing much his first year. Will he be happy?

Could be great for competition but reading the Wisconsin thread it sounds like his attitude may have been a little suspect. Will he be able to handle it here especially if he is in and out of the line up?

Also, from the Wisconsin thread, one awesome season doesn't a powerhouse make. We could have similar troubles as Wisconsin next year losing the fire power we are losing. I don't think it can be as bad but to expect a year like this next year is unrealistic in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        The Keegan Ford decision is probably a nice thing for Tech but I'm wondering if it is the best decision for him. He left a Wisconsin program that he was playing every game, albeit not winning, so probably not having a ton of fun; but they have improved and will most likely continue to improve. If he comes in to Tech in 16-17 who is he going to bump? You will have our current D core (Liebinger, Hanna, Watson, Roy, Auk) hopefully still firmly entrenched and depending on their performance Birks, Cooper Watson and Rienke already here battling for the one remaining D spot. Unless he is an absolute stud I don't see him playing much his first year. Will he be happy?

Could be great for competition but reading the Wisconsin thread it sounds like his attitude may have been a little suspect. Will he be able to handle it here especially if he is in and out of the line up?

Also, from the Wisconsin thread, one awesome season doesn't a powerhouse make. We could have similar troubles as Wisconsin next year losing the fire power we are losing. I don't think it can be as bad but to expect a year like this next year is unrealistic in my mind.
                        The key for the Huskies is they should still be good on defense/goalie...might be alot more close games instead of the blowouts and I don't really think anyone expects another 24+ win season..but who knows.

It will be interesting to see but a step back would not surprise anyone with the offense that is being lost. At the same time, there are players here who could step up like Gould has and fill some shoes.

Comment

As for depth, it will be interesting...but based on current recruiting practices, you have to think MTU is expecting someone(s) to leave early on defense...

Comment

Tech fans whined about the NCHC teams leaving them and the others behind and then take in Ford who did the same thing to his team... classic.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              Tech fans whined about the NCHC teams leaving them and the others behind and then take in Ford who did the same thing to his team... classic.
                              Only in the mind of a UND troll would secretly forming a new conference be remotely close to the decisions of individual recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                That is the strangest parallel I've ever seen drawn? I don't see how the two are even remotely comparable.

Comment

Working...
                                X