Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I love mel.
    great quote. he sure didn't sound happy.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Dear God what a game. I'll take the point with how we played. Jamie is the best goalie in the NCAA, period. I don't think he's going to get the attention or consideration he deserved for postseason awards due to playing for Tech and not get enough exposure, but he is definitely the best goalie out there.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

further reflection on the game. and tomorrow will be the test, but perhaps Mankato just really is a stronger team. not by much, but just a little bit better than we are.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

It seemed that the Mavs had the speed advantage, Margonari shot past our d on the breakaway.
          Gervais had to be called for goalie interference as he rammed Jamie into the goal.
          The Mavs played better tonight and Jamie Phillips got us a tie.
          Gould's cross bar was that close to beating them.
          We need to get more shots from our gunners tomorrow, Tech had several fine moments tonight, but aswas said, they were stuck in their own zone far too often.
          We needed a tie and a win this weekend. It is all left for tomorrow night, Go Tech.

Comment

If I had to focus on one thing, it's clearing the zone. If we do that better 75% of our problems are eliminated. Too many times we missed the chip or just didn't get the puck out that las 12".

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
              It seemed that the Mavs had the speed advantage, Margonari shot past our d on the breakaway.
              Gervais had to be called for goalie interference as he rammed Jamie into the goal.
              The Mavs played better tonight and Jamie Phillips got us a tie.
              Gould's cross bar was that close to beating them.
              We need to get more shots from our gunners tomorrow, Tech had several fine moments tonight, but aswas said, they were stuck in their own zone far too often.
              We needed a tie and a win this weekend. It is all left for tomorrow night, Go Tech.
              I disagree on the speed advantage. Yeah they're fast, but they're not that much faster than Tech. There were some big chunks of the game where Tech was getting to pucks quicker and generally showing more speed, mostly in the 2nd period.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Agreed, but we were chasing a lot of the play in the first and third periods. Mankato was controlling the play.
                If we cashed on 3 of our grade A's it was a 4-1 game.
                Petan in slot, Steman cross crease pass to Sturos, and Gould cross bar.
                Actually do not know how Margonari missed so 4-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Agreed, but we were chasing a lot of the play in the first and third periods. Mankato was controlling the play.
                  If we cashed on 3 of our grade A's it was a 4-1 game.
                  Petan in slot, Steman cross crease pass to Sturos, and Gould cross bar.
                  Actually do not know how Margonari missed so 4-2.
                  Mavs were overall faster and controlled the puck much more effectively...

Comment

Patrick Anderson and Walker Hyland have been inserted into the lineup for Saturday night, replacing Hietala and Roy respectively.

Comment

Well, the MacNaughton is all but decided. They just clog the lanes and block a ton of shots. They also capitalized on their shots from the point, we need to not allow those. Our PK and PP both need tons of work, shouldn't be this far into a season and be so bad on both sides of special teams play.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

That's disapointing. Still amazed at only 2 PP on the weekend.
                        Didn't hear Pietila or Petan's name much tonight I thought.

Mel's postgame interview:
                        Much better game, like the effort per person much better
                        we have to learn to play bette,r had a lot of guys with a tough weekend
                        This is the kind of team you hvae to beat for a champiosnhip
                        Credit to Mankato, good group of seniros, been in NCAA etc
                        We had our chance on the PP in 3rd, not sure Hyland is a penalty, but we have to kill it
                        Back to the drawing board to get ready for next weekend
                        The last Mankato goal, special player, special goal on the PP
                        Their best players were the best this weekend, our best players struggled all weekend
                        Draining series, put it behind us, get ready for next weekend, and the playoffs
                        Hope to get a great turnout Friday for our seniors, they deserve a great send off

Comment

Mel was definitely not happy with the officiating. But he's right, we capitalized on our chances early, and then couldn't get anything more to go.

Not a good weekend, but we were outplayed for chunks of the games. Mankato deserves the 3pts. Sure they are a bunch of hacks, but we have to play through that to beat them.

Comment

Listened to tonight's game, and even Dirk wasn't really ripping the refs. MSU is no slouch. And there is no shame in losing to them. Good test of what's to come, come tourney time, though. MTU is in, which is HUGE, obviously. I'd call this weekend a success, given the recent history of MTU hockey.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Things I'd like to see us better at.
                              1. Pk. 2. PP. 3. Blocking shots 4. Coming out of the zone under a heavy forecheck. 5. Dealing with the hacking.

I wonder if we will see Davis next week.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                                Mel was definitely not happy with the officiating. But he's right, we capitalized on our chances early, and then couldn't get anything more to go.

Not a good weekend, but we were outplayed for chunks of the games. Mankato deserves the 3pts. Sure they are a bunch of hacks, but we have to play through that to beat them.
                                I don't think Mel is ever too excited about the officiating but the taller linesman was absolutely terrible! Hope to not run into him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X