Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech, best season in 30 years, part two!

We also got some help from Ferris to put Bowling Green 8 points back. If NMU can steal a point or two from the Falcons next weekend while Tech and Mankato are off, that will help some more.

Comment

All this winning is making me hungry for playoffs. I hope it isn't doing the same thing for the team, as there is still work to be done!

Comment

Tech sweeps by a 15-1 margin to their 8th consecutive win... and drops from 6th to 7th, thanks to Michigan getting swept.
        Tech is tied with BU behind MI for 2nd in offense (3.75) and is 2nd in defense to Yale (1.78 Goals against)
        also, cool pic of Alex Petan.
        Last edited by geezer; 02-15-2015, 11:04 AM.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          Tech sweeps by a 15-1 margin to their 8th consecutive win... and drops from 6th to 7th, thanks to Michigan getting swept.
          If MI swept MN, Tech would be 4th...

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            Watching the Huskies last night made me think of the old Soviet teams. Skill, speed, strength, and very little celebration - just a cold blooded killer. It was scary at times.
            this. this. and more of this.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              this. this. and more of this.
              Offensively I'm with ya, but defensively, man we give the puck away a lot and we struggle with that heavy forecheck. We have to get better at that, we have to not get so retaliatory too.

but yeah, nice to see us do so well. it's been a really long time.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Just a quick post from the airport sitting here with the team. A lot of smiles from the team and coaching staff. The weekend could not have gone any better. Tech took care of their business and Mankato is coming back to the pack. I still believe the Cup will be decided in two weeks. Either team is more than capable of taking it... who wants it more?
                Ryan J
                Coming back to the pack? Playing a road series against a team way better than UAA, with 3 lines and 2 extra DMen as the "4th line" for 1 and 1/2 games, isn't coming back to the pack.

Comment

The MacNaughton is in your grasp. The 'Nooks got it done and only gave Mankato a point. Now it's on you. As my second favorite WCHA team, go get it. If it can't be us, it might as well be you and it better not be these same purple cows who obviously failed drama class.
                  Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Kind of dislike leaving the cold-blooded assassins idle at home for a week when they're on a roll. Hopefully they keep the killer instinct alive over the break.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                      Coming back to the pack? Playing a road series against a team way better than UAA, with 3 lines and 2 extra DMen as the "4th line" for 1 and 1/2 games, isn't coming back to the pack.
                      I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the points situation, not how Mankato is playing. There is not doubt as far as I'm concerned that Mankato is still the best team in the nation, I think most other teams in their situation would have gotten blown out on Saturday.

Comment

7 of the top 13 PWR (and all the top 5 KRACH) were in the WCHA in 2012-13.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          7 of the top 13 PWR (and all the top 5 KRACH) were in the WCHA in 2012-13.
                          I'm really hating the QWB right now. There is no way to prove if the NCHC teams really are that inch better but because they all play each other they get way more opportunities at the bonus...MTU would be in 4th without the bonus right now. Sweeping mankato will help a ton but MTU only has four games left while all of the NCHC plays 6 which just compounds the QWB issue.

Mtu really needs Michigan and BSU to go on a roll and win out til at least the tournaments. Getting a bonus from all 4 wins vs BSU could be huge.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I'm really hating the QWB right now. There is no way to prove if the NCHC teams really are that inch better but because they all play each other they get way more opportunities at the bonus...MTU would be in 4th without the bonus right now. Sweeping mankato will help a ton but MTU only has four games left while all of the NCHC plays 6 which just compounds the QWB issue.

Mtu really needs Michigan and BSU to go on a roll and win out til at least the tournaments. Getting a bonus from all 4 wins vs BSU could be huge.
                            Not to mention BSU going on a roll means MSU losses!
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I don't care much about where Tech lands in the brackets if they make the tournament, but based on my highly subjective in-person viewing of some of the highly ranked teams, we matched up most closely to UMD - very, very close in skill and execution. We were a little worse than Mankato, and a little bit better than BG. So I think we're slightly underrated in PWR right now but it could even out by the end - I can see MI winning most of their games against OSU, WI, Penn State, Mich State to climb back in the rankings.
                              But my own wish for the rest of the regular season is to beat the snot of out NMU in revenge for getting beat by them at home. That game was heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                                Yes, you have some adversity, but the top teams find ways to overcome. The last time Tech and Mankato met in Houghton, Tech had everything to lose (undefeated, #1 national ranking) and they lost a pair of one-goal games to the Mavs. Now the shoe is on the other foot and Mankato has everything to lose in their building (1st in WCHA, #1 ranking).

Regardless of the reasons, Mankato and Tech sit one point apart going into their next match up with the WCHA championship on the line. Both just came back from AK and both have an extra week to think about it. Mankato has the advantage of home ice and the disadvantage of all the pressure to win. I don't think anyone in the world of college hockey is going to say that Mankato is more than marginally better that Tech and when the teams are that close, anything can happen.

If you're trying to convince me that UAF is such a tough team, then explain Tech sweeping them at home and MSU splitting with them at home and getting only 1 point on the road. Would Mankato love to play UAF will a full roster? Sure. Just as I'm sure the Huskies would love a do over against Michigan in the GLI and the night they got shut out by WI so every team is going to have tough nights, it's part of the grind of making it through the regular season.

The two teams are going to decide it head to head in two weeks and there is a good chance it won't be the last time they see each other this season.

Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X