This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Hopefully the 'Cats don't have to go back there for the first round of the playoffs...
    Yikes, all more reason to go on a run and get home ice, with or without Downing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Dear God, please make this happen. There is nothing "East" about South Bend, unless it's "east of Chicago".
      That is the truth. There was a heck of a lot of east I had to drive to get home the other weekend. It's just awkward to have them in the league. So many other schools within driving distance but they don't come with the flashy TV package
      UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
        That is the truth. There was a heck of a lot of east I had to drive to get home the other weekend. It's just awkward to have them in the league. So many other schools within driving distance but they don't come with the flashy TV package
        There was a good point made in the rumor link above that the Notre Dame TV package was the reason that the NCHC did not want them, and that the ND TV package may have hurt HEA's own TV package deals. What do we want? ND out! When do we want it? Now!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          There was a good point made in the rumor link above that the Notre Dame TV package was the reason that the NCHC did not want them, and that the ND TV package may have hurt HEA's own TV package deals. What do we want? ND out! When do we want it? Now!!
          Their helmets are enough for me to ask them to move along haha! Really it's the lucrative TV deals that make them so appealing to HE? Question: what teams would be appealing to bring in their absence: Quinnipiac? Who else? Just a point of discussion ...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats Official Wait til Next Year...14/15 thread

Originally posted by Felger View Post
            Hopefully the 'Cats don't have to go back there for the first round of the playoffs...
            Actually we were hoping you would come back up here, we would love to see good ole #9 here again. In my opinion the poorest excuse
            for a captain I have ever seen. His antics after the 4th goal of Sat were not only unsportmanlike (refs got together and almost called a pen)
            but about as stupied as you can get right after taking a 1 goal lead late in a game to risk giving a team who already had 3 PP goals a PP. I
            guess maybe now I can see why your season is going the way it is with him leading the way.
            New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              Actually we were hoping you would come back up here, we would love to see good ole #9 here again. In my opinion the poorest excuse
              for a captain I have ever seen. His antics after the 4th goal of Sat were not only unsportmanlike (refs got together and almost called a pen)
              but about as stupied as you can get right after taking a 1 goal lead late in a game to risk giving a team who already had 3 PP goals a PP. I
              guess maybe now I can see why your season is going the way it is with him leading the way.
              Huh? I was not there to see the antics, but our captain #9 Willows got the sixth ENG; our alt captain #19 Thrush got our fourth goal, after your team knocked our other alt captain #28 Downing out of the game and maybe the season.
              Last edited by Snively65; 02-10-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                Fantastic.
                Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Take a look at what UVM Captain Paliotta does to Matt Willows' ankle right after he scores UNH's 6th goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LpTrYKWoJM
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Take a look at what UVM Captain Paliotta does to Matt Willows' ankle right after he scores UNH's 6th goal:

Touché . As I said earlier I felt the umpires let the game get away from them (esp in the second period) and there were hits on both sides that were rough. Spraying our goalie both nights repeatedly too I might add while we're at it...FWIW dept..

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Huh? I was not there to see the antics, but our captain #9 Willows got the sixth ENG; our alt captain #19 Thrush got our fourth goal, after your team knocked our other alt captain #28 Downing out of the game and maybe the season.
                      If you are saying that scoring a ENG make it ok to behave like an idiot then enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

To be honest he deserved alot worse that a poke at his skates. If he had acted that way in the NHL he would be picking up his teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Touché . As I said earlier I felt the umpires let the game get away from them (esp in the second period) and there were hits on both sides that were rough. Spraying our goalie both nights repeatedly too I might add while we're at it...FWIW dept..
                          i think part of the blame goes to the UNH goalie and I even saw the ref explaining it to him, he had a habit of not covering the puck
                          by holding his glove above it and waiting until the player was right on him to cover it...thus no whistle and the UVM players have to
                          stop at the last second because he waits to long so he gets sprayed. They wont stop because he can still put it back in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            To be honest he deserved alot worse that a poke at his skates. If he had acted that way in the NHL he would be picking up his teeth.
                            Who tinkled in your cornflakes this morning?
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Their helmets are enough for me to ask them to move along haha! Really it's the lucrative TV deals that make them so appealing to HE? Question: what teams would be appealing to bring in their absence: Quinnipiac? Who else? Just a point of discussion ...
                              ABND. Johnson & Wales, Masters & Johnson, Quinsigamond Community College, St. Anselm's, McIntosh College (RIP), Oyster River HS, I'm not picky. If it comes to getting them out of the league, the sooner the better ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                ABND. Johnson & Wales, Masters & Johnson, Quinsigamond Community College, St. Anselm's, McIntosh College (RIP), Oyster River HS, I'm not picky. If it comes to getting them out of the league, the sooner the better ...
                                Chuck Murray everybody, Chuck Murray! (said in Doc Emrick voice ) Love it. I've been waiting all season to say that. Yup..long day.
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-10-2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X