Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Dead thread - God sorts 'em out!

Former Knick Anthony Mason, 48
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

The usual suspects plan to picket Nimoy's funeral. OK Trekkies: set phasers to stun.

Comment

Minnie Minoso
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Anyone remember "Attack of the Crab Monsters"?
          I think I once suffered that. Treated it with Lindane or some other drug.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            The usual suspects plan to picket Nimoy's funeral. OK Trekkies: set phasers to stun.
            Screw the phasers, slash their tires with a bat'leth. Do it in your full Klingon makeup and they would never be able to pick you out of a line up, especially if you switch foreheads with somebody if they make you be Klingon for the lineups.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Minnie Minoso.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chicago...4899--spt.html
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                I think I once suffered that. Treated it with Lindane or some other drug.
                Heh. I bet no one else got that but I did. I would go with Qwell. More neurotoxic

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Heh. I bet no one else got that but I did. I would go with Qwell. More neurotoxic
                  Les: I knew i could count on you. Kwell lotion was our standard for scabies and pediculosis. Still nothing works better and if used as directed is incredibly safe. I hate when they replace the use of older medications because some ninny decided to over do it. I am from the PhisoHex era and still stick with a lot of the tried and true meds.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    No, I got it. Was going to use a similar joke, but not from a medical person's POV.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      I got it, but the movie is a B classic.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Coaching legend Gordie Gillespie

http://m.theherald-news.com/2015/03/...ge-88/adafsxo/

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Les: I knew i could count on you. Kwell lotion was our standard for scabies and pediculosis. Still nothing works better and if used as directed is incredibly safe. I hate when they replace the use of older medications because some ninny decided to over do it. I am from the PhisoHex era and still stick with a lot of the tried and true meds.
                          PhisoHex? Aren't you worried about causing tumors in Canadian rats?
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Even a born White Sox hater like me appreciated Minnie. Also "Jungle Jim" Rivera. RIP Minnie
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              Even a born White Sox hater like me appreciated Minnie. Also "Jungle Jim" Rivera. RIP Minnie
                              Tragedy erases team loyalties.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                PhisoHex? Aren't you worried about causing tumors in Canadian rats?
                                Nah-the media loves to announce all these horrible things that everyday products cause. I am old enough to remember the cranberry scare(just before Thanksgiving), the apple scare, maraschino cherry scare, and of course most of those medicine related. Anything taken to the extreme(feeding a rat 10,000 times the human dose of something) is bound to be problematic. I am not sure anything is really safe if you eat or take enough of it and many of the valuable medicines cause problems only when given in combination with a bunch of other stuff. If age and experience taught me anything, it is that virtually anything taken in small enough doses(or moderation) usually does no harm. Even Arsenic, Cyanide, and Mercury all had a large number of medical uses back in the early days in the proper dosage. Even the Borgias using Cantarella knew that a little did no harm but a lot made for a wonderful way to rid yourself of enemies.
                                Phisohex was a wonderful scrub for surgery. Most bacteria dis not stand much of a chance and staph infections were uncommon. Nut when you dip babies who have 50% of their skin with 2nd and 3rd degree burns into it for long periods of time, maybe someone should have expected there could be a problem. Almost anything used to excess can be bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X