X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    I missed the broadcast of last night's game so I went to the hockey east website to watch the highlights. If you ever want an example of Maine having a Mickey Mouse athletic department, just compare the Maine video highlights to everyone else in the league. It's an embarrassment. Terrible production value, no play by play, in slow motion for some reason. No graphics. No post game comments. The game was on TV last night, just use that!

Between that and whoever runs the twitter feed making comments you would see at an under 8 girls soccer game "we are down 1-4 but trying real hard!" I am ready to shut this goddam thing down. This is division one athletics and UMaine is a mockery in all respects.
    It truly is awful. Equally bad, however was the WRCA AM 1330 broadcast. There was essentially no play-by-play. Just two guys talking about whatever and every now and then, "Whoa, a great shot from Stevens!" then right back to the banter.
    Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
      Earn the ice time from the stands, great fan logic. I don't know him personally lol if I did, I wouldn't have to ask if he was injured on a fan forum.
      You earn your time in practice
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
        If Red had any class, he would have put Higgins, Cerretani, Leen and Rutt on the ice for the last minute of the game. Instead he puts puts out the Shore line
        , trying to get Vesey his 4th goal and Shore his 5th point.

As opposed to playing to win the game? And trying to put the game away which Shore did?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
          Hockey East Rookie of the week this week too maybe for Vesey?
          Nailed it
          https://***********/hockey_east/stat...93278423724032
          Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterboy View Post
            Earn the ice time from the stands, great fan logic. I don't know him personally lol if I did, I wouldn't have to ask if he was injured on a fan forum.
            You certainly seem pretty concerned about the playing time of someone you don't know personally.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
              As opposed to playing to win the game? And trying to put the game away which Shore did?
              I have seen Aston-Reese score two goals in something like 7 or 9 seconds this season against a better team than maine and without the extra attacker...
              Roy and Szmatula can pretty easily do the same especially with an extra attacker... so I think that Red did the right thing only up by 2 against NU... as much as I like Cerretani... I would trust Red's judment about who needs to be out on the ice when teh game is still on the line... higgins and cerretani might not be the best choices when the other ream pull's their goalie.

that all said, I wonder who else saw Derek Roy dancing as the Maine students chanted at him.... he had a good time waving at them and dancing as they "it's all your fault, SEIVE"'d him

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post

that all said, I wonder who else saw Derek Roy dancing as the Maine students chanted at him.... he had a good time waving at them and dancing as they "it's all your fault, SEIVE"'d him
                Mullet boy was having a good time down there in the 3rd dancing to the sieve chants.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the highest we can move up after this coming weekend is 7th place. This would require all of these:
                  Maine sweep of PC
                  BU sweep of NU
                  BC holding onto 2nd place

While the lowest we can fall is 10th with:
                  UNH earning 2+ more points than Maine
                  CT earning 2+ more points than Maine

Any thoughts on the most likely place for us? NH and CT are both playing the bottom of the league but CT can only get 2 points max. I'm betting UNH passes us and we land 9th playing them in Durham. Sorry I'm not more optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Erix_The_Red View Post
                    Please correct me if I am wrong, but the highest we can move up after this coming weekend is 7th place. This would require all of these:
                    Maine sweep of PC
                    BU sweep of NU
                    BC holding onto 2nd place

While the lowest we can fall is 10th with:
                    UNH earning 2+ more points than Maine
                    CT earning 2+ more points than Maine

Any thoughts on the most likely place for us? NH and CT are both playing the bottom of the league but CT can only get 2 points max. I'm betting UNH passes us and we land 9th playing them in Durham. Sorry I'm not more optimistic.
                    Most likely Maine ends up 8 or 9 hosting New Hampshire or playing at Durham or Hartford. If 10th, too many scenarios to consider, but a potential trip to South Bend still looms...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Mullet boy was having a good time down there in the 3rd dancing to the sieve chants.
                      I LIKE Mullet boy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Most likely Maine ends up 8 or 9 hosting New Hampshire or playing at Durham or Hartford. If 10th, too many scenarios to consider, but a potential trip to South Bend still looms...
                        isn't most league wins the tie breaker that comes before head to head? when two teams have the same number of points? If so, Maine and UConn could end up with the same number points, but the tie breaker goes to maine with more league wins? or does the tie breaker go to UConn for the three points head to head?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                          isn't most league wins the tie breaker that comes before head to head? when two teams have the same number of points? If so, Maine and UConn could end up with the same number points, but the tie breaker goes to maine with more league wins? or does the tie breaker go to UConn for the three points head to head?
                          At the conclusion of the regular season, teams will be ranked by the number of points accumulated. If two teams are tied for first place, they will be declared co-champions.

For playoff seeding purposes, the following tiebreakers will be used at the conclusion of the regular season

1. Head-to-head results between the tied teams

2. Number of wins in conference play

3. Best record against the first-place team(s), then the second-place team(s), then the third-place team(s), and so on

4. Coin flip

If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again.

Comment

At the conclusion of the regular season, teams will be ranked...
                            http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/standings.php

Also has a table with head to head and total wins of every team. Makes it easy.

Comment

At the conclusion of the regular season, teams will be ranked by the number of points accumulated. If two teams are tied for first place, they will be declared co-champions.

For playoff seeding purposes, the following tiebreakers will be used at the conclusion of the regular season

1. Head-to-head results between the tied teams

2. Number of wins in conference play

3. Best record against the first-place team(s), then the second-place team(s), then the third-place team(s), and so on

4. Coin flip

If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again.
                              thanks a million!

Comment

I really hate this new playoff format. It waters the thing down. I loved that Hockey East didn't have 100% participation in the conference tournament. I'm pretty sure we were the only one.

I'm not trying to be a curmudgeon against us. I would say this whether we were 1st, last or anywhere in between. What business do we have "playing for home games" in any sort of elimination format? What business does a 12 seed have competing to be conference champion? If you're in the bottom half of the league, you've earned nothing, and that's OK.

This would be like the NFL changing their format so all 16 teams made the playoffs in each conference, the top 6 got a bye, and here we are in 11th place - possibly in line to host a playoff game? If you need to know what that looks like from this year, that would be the Dolphins (8-8) hosting the Browns (7-9) in the AFC, and the Giants (6-10) hosting the Falcons (6-10) in the NFC. Yahoo! Quality stuff.

Why is a team at that level of the standings getting any sort of reward, and why are teams lower than that participating at all? What is the point of this? Are these games going to be big money draws? Is this supposed to get me more excited and interested as a fan?

I don't like watering down a good product.

Sorry... Bitter Betty's done.

Comment

Working...
                                X