X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
    it continues to amaze me that when a player looks fast against a crap team, some people see that as "putting forth effort" while when the player looks like a D3 third liner against, e.g. BU's second line, "the effort is just not there".

how come the quality of the opponent is never taken into consideration?
    Well he played the second night against Notre Dame. Why don't you ask Red that question? Did he not put in effort against ND, or did he just look like crap cause he's no good?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

.....and Merrimack just could not put the puck into an open net this past weekend...
      or, some would say, ANY weekend.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        so does the D. I cannot tell you how many times Morris way WAY out of position after making an initial save with the D standing around (AGAIN) and Merrimack just could not put the puck into an open net this past weekend... Rodrigues, Eichel, OReagan Lane and Oksanen are going to put 8 a game in against Morris and Maine's D if Maine plays like that against BU.

Roy, Aston-Reese, Szmautla (Montgomery's boys) and even Saucerman are gonna eat that up as well.
        Maine rarely puts the puck in an open net
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

What are the odds that this won't be the last time we have a weekend of hockey at the Alfond this season?

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            What are the odds that this won't be the last time we have a weekend of hockey at the Alfond this season?
            NU is good PC is good. I can see maine getting at least one point from NU, can't see them getting any from PC. As far as PC goes, one word, Gillies. Maine can't beat good goaltending. Everyone is excited they swept a lousy MC team. Everyone is excited they are playing better in the 2nd half(look at the competition). I say until they show me they can do it(battle for 60) on a consistent basis. Who knows?
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              NU is good PC is good. I can see maine getting at least one point from NU, can't see them getting any from PC. As far as PC goes, one word, Gillies. Maine can't beat good goaltending. Everyone is excited they swept a lousy MC team. Everyone is excited they are playing better in the 2nd half(look at the competition). I say until they show me they can do it(battle for 60) on a consistent basis. Who knows?
              I wouldn't say everyone is excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Another place where Tim hurt the program, fund raising. Red is out there, shaking hands before every game. Jay and Ben are out there also. Red is very approachable, his office is open. You can ask questions but be prepared to not like the answer He calls a spade a spade
                Good to hear.

Comment

The latest from the Bangor Daily:

‘It has been a crazy ride’: UMaine hockey seniors prepare for final regular-season games
                  By Larry Mahoney, BDN Staff
                  Posted Feb. 19, 2015, at 2:20 p.m.
                  http://bangordailynews.com/2015/02/1...?ref=SportsBox

Comment

you don't happen to notice how Jerry "rests" his top players do you??? Jerry realizes that games in October through about early January just do not matter... he is figuring things out and getting playing time for everybody while he figures out chemistry and plays mind games wtih all of his prima donnas... once March rolls around, things are drastically different.

if he played his top D pairs and top lines all season long like he plays them in the third period of a playoff game then he would only need to dress 10 players... nobody shortens a bench like Jerry.

so why should a 3 game weeked for NU be any different than the way Jerry looks at his whole season... play the first two games one way, while looking forward to the important game and playing that game differently
                    So your saying Quinn should change up the lines for 2 games this weekend to 'rest the stars' for the Beanpot? Hmmm.... K, good plan. Of course, that strategy may get some guys killed and eliminate them from future tournament play. Fine with me.

In NU's case, they don't have the luxury to rest anyone. I guess they took your point of view that games in October through November just don't matter. They dug themselves so big a hole they probably have to win out to make the NCAA's. Good thing they didn't include December and early January or they'd really be screwed.

Jerry understands the importance of games. He understands the math. He also understands that games in October thru January certainly do matter... a lot. If BC doesn't cough up a late goal to Denver in Oct., a loss to Lowell in Oct, and losses to BU, Minny, Providence, UConn and Harvard in Nov., BC would be sitting pretty solid right now in PWR. The remainder of the RS and HE tournament are VERY important right now as far as BC playing in the NCAA's or not. They can cruise a bit if they had more wins Oct. -thru Nov. To say those games don't matter, or to suggest that Jerry doesn't think those games are important is not even close to accurate IMO.
                    Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-19-2015, 09:03 PM.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Good couple of days for the alumni. Last night Nyquist scored in the shootout to help Howard and the Red Wings win in Chicago. Purcell scored a beauty to help Edmonton beat the Bruins. Bishop got the win last night as well. Tonight Brian Flynn scored the game winner in the shootout to lead the Sabres over the Flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Good couple of days for the alumni. Last night Nyquist scored in the shootout to help Howard and the Red Wings win in Chicago. Purcell scored a beauty to help Edmonton beat the Bruins. Bishop got the win last night as well. Tonight Brian Flynn scored the game winner in the shootout to lead the Sabres over the Flyers.
                        Okay, so the alumni are doing great out there. How about the "currents" having a little greatness of their own here ??? Tell me that aint too much to ask.
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          So your saying Quinn should change up the lines for 2 games this weekend to 'rest the stars' for the Beanpot? Hmmm.... K, good plan. Of course, that strategy may get some guys killed and eliminate them from future tournament play. Fine with me.

In NU's case, they don't have the luxury to rest anyone. I guess they took your point of view that games in October through November just don't matter. They dug themselves so big a hole they probably have to win out to make the NCAA's. Good thing they didn't include December and early January or they'd really be screwed.

Jerry understands the importance of games. He understands the math. He also understands that games in October thru January certainly do matter... a lot. If BC doesn't cough up a late goal to Denver in Oct., a loss to Lowell in Oct, and losses to BU, Minny, Providence, UConn and Harvard in Nov., BC would be sitting pretty solid right now in PWR. The remainder of the RS and HE tournament are VERY important right now as far as BC playing in the NCAA's or not. They can cruise a bit if they had more wins Oct. -thru Nov. To say those games don't matter, or to suggest that Jerry doesn't think those games are important is not even close to accurate IMO.
                          Seven "ifs"?? That is a whole lot of ifs, even for Eddie the Eagle.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            Seven "ifs"?? That is a whole lot of ifs, even for Eddie the Eagle.
                            But those games don't matter.

Overall point is... you rest injured athletes. You do not 'rest' healthy athletes. You condition healthy athletes throughout the week in practice and weight rooms so they can endure 2-3 game weekends. Playing the game is their 'rest', compared to the azz kicking they got all week.
                            Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-20-2015, 06:44 AM.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Witt in goal on Friday and Derick Roy on Saturday in order to save Witt from playing 3 games in four days. There is little difference in stats between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                                I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Witt in goal on Friday and Derick Roy on Saturday in order to save Witt from playing 3 games in four days. There is little difference in stats between the two.
                                Agree.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X