This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

We aren't in a league against this team. We suck. I'm tired of even trying to show patience. Next years recruits are not gonna make a difference. Nothing will change.
    Last edited by hobeyfaker; 02-20-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
      We aren't in a league against this team. We suck. I'm tired of showing patience.
      Might as well play in boots, the speed difference is unreal
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Not even close, not to mention the pinpoint passing, and lack there-of.
        Last edited by hobeyfaker; 02-20-2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I'm looking forward to the postgame comments by Gendron already...

Comment

Thank god that Maine has a dynamic goaltending duo!

Comment

N E is toying with us. Very sad state of affairs.

Comment

Maine has been playing much better this period. Northeastern just capitalized again, however.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                  Maine has been playing much better this period. Northeastern just capitalized again, however.
                  This is what bad teams do well. Outplay opponents for brief times, miss an open net and then promptly give up a goal.

Comment

well played in the 3rd.. I forget the player name.. but early in the 3rd. (on your powerplay) he missed it seemed like, the entire net.. Witt was way out of position. Makes that.. & who knows how this one goes rest of the way. Winning at the Alfond (don't care which Maine team we play).. never easy for us. Hoping for another competitive one tomorrow.. I know it will be.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

4 goals at home and not even close to a win......sad. At least we can say that the goaltending is stellar!

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        Thank god that Maine has a dynamic goaltending duo!
                        If Maine had any offensive talent I doubt NUs goalie would look very good either not sure how you can't score on him but it takes a special forward to miss wide open nets. The D hung Morris out to dry, yeah he didn't play well but the D was so god awful its pathetic. Not sure what your beef with Romeo is, he played well
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Actually, Romeo stood on his head for most of the time he was in there. Spectacular save robbing Reid on the 2-on-1. Plus a little puckluck on the two posts and one crossbar. I'm assuming NU gets to see him again tomorrow. Kudos to your guys for clawing back instead of mailing it in.

I really like the Maine TV play-by-play team. The call it from a Maine perspective (of course) but the analysis is incisive and understandable, and they're not cheerleaders a la Jack Edwards.
                          Last edited by Split-N; 02-20-2015, 09:34 PM.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            If Maine had any offensive talent I doubt NUs goalie would look very good either not sure how you can't score on him but it takes a special forward to miss wide open nets. The D hung Morris out to dry, yeah he didn't play well but the D was so god awful its pathetic. Not sure what your beef with Romeo is, he played well
                            Unfortunately the game was over by the time he entered the game. I bet he gets the start tomorrow night......with similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              Actually, Romeo stood on his head for most of the time he was in there. Spectacular save robbing Reid on the 2-on-1. Plus a little puckluck on the two posts and one crossbar. I'm assuming NU gets to see him again tomorrow. Kudos to your guys for clawing back instead of mailing it in.

I really like the Maine TV play-by-play team. The call it from a Maine perspective (of course) but the analysis is incisive and understandable, and they're not cheerleaders a la Jack Edwards.
                              Dan Hanigan is a consummate professional. Mike Tuell on the other hand is a ........tool. He and Larry Mahoney are both pretty insufferably difficult to listen to.
                              Northeastern looks exceptionally good right now. Gonna take a behemoth effort from Maine to take any points away from these guys. Maine'll need to wack anything that moves tonight.... if they can catch 'em
                              sure why not

Comment

I missed the broadcast of last night's game so I went to the hockey east website to watch the highlights. If you ever want an example of Maine having a Mickey Mouse athletic department, just compare the Maine video highlights to everyone else in the league. It's an embarrassment. Terrible production value, no play by play, in slow motion for some reason. No graphics. No post game comments. The game was on TV last night, just use that!

Between that and whoever runs the twitter feed making comments you would see at an under 8 girls soccer game "we are down 1-4 but trying real hard!" I am ready to shut this goddam thing down. This is division one athletics and UMaine is a mockery in all respects.

Comment

Working...
                                X