X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    That's what I thought until I saw the article yesterday by BDNews Mahoney. No Spicer? Cochrane moved up?
    Don't know much about any of them, I guess the only thing safe to say is 4 of them are coming
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

That's what I thought until I saw the article yesterday by BDNews Mahoney. No Spicer? Cochrane moved up?
      I went back and looked at the original verbal commitments at various sites and they all confirmed Cochrane in 2016. It looks like he has moved up ahead of Spicer. Spicer was originally scheduled to come this fall.

Comment

I don’t think it’s unusual for a coach to juggle who may be coming in next fall at this time of the year. Occasionally asking a recruit to go play Jr. for an additional year is not something they like to do, but will in order to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Cochrane, Muehlbauer and Michel were the three coming in this fall and now Becker has been added.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          I don’t think it’s unusual for a coach to juggle who may be coming in next fall at this time of the year. Occasionally asking a recruit to go play Jr. for an additional year is not something they like to do, but will in order to put the pieces of the puzzle together.
          Asking a kid to do that can be suicide. UMass Lowell had Derek Arnold (43-55-98 career) from '10-'11 to '13-'14. Many of us remember him. Decent sniper who tortured Maine more than once. Know why he ended up at UML? Cuz Whitehead asked him to play an add'l year of Jr's. Derek ripped up his Maine letter of intent and went to UML. Duh! That's a material example of why Whitehead is now coaching prep school.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
            Asking a kid to do that can be suicide. UMass Lowell had Derek Arnold (43-55-98 career) from '10-'11 to '13-'14. Many of us remember him. Decent sniper who tortured Maine more than once. Know why he ended up at UML? Cuz Whitehead asked him to play an add'l year of Jr's. Derek ripped up his Maine letter of intent and went to UML. Duh! That's a material example of why Whitehead is now coaching prep school.
            With that said,wasn't Spicer ask to wait last season? Plus Roberto who plays at BU now was asked to wait one season and he decided to go from Maine to BU...so it is a tough choice,sometimes it works and sometimes it does not...recruiting is a tough game...and for Maine they can't miss out on players.

Comment

With that said,wasn't Spicer ask to wait last season? Plus Roberto who plays at BU now was asked to wait one season and he decided to go from Maine to BU...so it is a tough choice,sometimes it works and sometimes it does not...recruiting is a tough game...and for Maine they can't miss out on players.
              I thought Roberto got a better offer after having a breakout year in Jrs?? Any of these players can go wherever if they haven't signed a NLI. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the kids who have verbally committed moved on. I wonder if it has always happened but now with 24/7 news cycle we know more about it.?

Comment

Good point on Roberto. I've seen about 10-12 BU games this season. Roberto is a 3rd liner at BU. Easily second line or first next year at Maine. I do not think Red will be kicking these types of players to the curb like his arrogant and underwhelming predecessor.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Good point on Roberto. I've seen about 10-12 BU games this season. Roberto is a 3rd liner at BU. Easily second line or first next year at Maine. I do not think Red will be kicking these types of players to the curb like his arrogant and underwhelming predecessor.
                  Roberto left in between coaches and went to a school he was a fan of growing up. On top of that he got more money from them than he would have from Maine. I'm sure it was a no-brainer for him and no one at Maine was at fault for it.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Im pretty certain if Arnold signed he wouldnt have been allowed to go to Lowell without sitting out the year anyway. Kids and coaches change verbals, it stinks and it blows up in their face sometimes but thats the business

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Then there is the other side of the coin when a player comes in too early and takes a couple of years to develop. I can think of a player I thought came in too early and he proved my point this past season when he may have the most improve player on the squad as a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                        Then there is the other side of the coin when a player comes in too early and takes a couple of years to develop. I can think of a player I thought came in too early and he proved my point this past season when he may have the most improve player on the squad as a junior.
                        Denis pepin came in too early, our best goalie last year came in too early and I guess merchant came in too early. Do you let them walk or do you suffer for a couple of years. Its not an exact science thats for sure

Comment

Watching the NCAA's this weekend you can see that Maine is a long ways from getting back on track,while watching these games you appreciate good hockey.

Comment

Watching the NCAA's this weekend you can see that Maine is a long ways from getting back on track,while watching these games you appreciate good hockey.
                            Yea it's sad when we're a long way from R I T. And that's not a slam on R I T.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              Yea it's sad when we're a long way from R I T. And that's not a slam on R I T.
                              Yes indeed...I hear you loud and clear...also great to hear the ESPN2 announcers praise and hype up Jim Montgomery and his team from Denver...he had a better situation to go into and he will do fine there...could very well have his Team in Boston for the Frozen 4.

Comment

One of the two Wooda, Cooda, Shooda coaches for Maine is going to the Frozen Four out of Providence. The worse Maine gets the more depressing this weekend is every year.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X