X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    He's been as solid as a rock for the most part. I'm guessing that Tampa will face the Caps in the next round, which should be an interesting match-up. If I had to bet my life, I'd reluctantly give the nod to Holtby and Ovechkin in that one, though.

It's great fun to watch former Bears compete for The Cup. Not confident that many former Maine guys will be around in the future anymore. I expected Abbott to be called-up this season, but no dice. I don't see Shore as having any kind of an NHL career to speak of, but I think that Hutton has a shot if he gets a lot of good advice in a hurry. Mangene, no way, Teddy is languishing in Edmonton, and I don't know where Marty is anymore.

Hanging my hat on Goose and Bish to stay around for a while. I think they will.

Hopefully Bish and Company take down those Rags. I have Tampa Bay and Chicago in the SCF
    Last edited by BBDiehard14; 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      With that said,what is Andrew Tegeler role on this team? Don't see him being any factor in the lineup.
      Tegeler is a Senior. He was a transfer from UMass. Even if he has a year of eligibility left, Red ain't paying for him to go to Grad School. Gone.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        And what's the Stein award for?

Defensive player should have been either Renouf or Schurhamer IMO.
        the only one who played any D in his own end was Rutt. Also, if anyone happened to notice, when he went to the ECHL his plus minus got pretty good.

I think Shurhamer is a hell of a puck carrier, but he is not strong in front of his own net. not yet.
        there WERE a couple plays where Hutton came from behind and caught a guy on a break away... so there was SOME D in his own end, but he really is one of the worst defensive defensemen I have ever seen in maine blue. GREAT shot, lousy defender.

The way Red gushed about him at the banquet and said nothing good about some of the seniors was a little sickening. The upside is that Red does not pull any punches.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
          All the recruits look good on paper. The question is are they gonna buy into Red's style and philosophy. If you take PC for an example those players weren't blue chippers but bought into the system and . yes having an awesome goalie didn't hurt. PC clearly had a formula, the kids bought in and........boom nat championship. The landscape of college hockey now lends any program can win the prize. Good goaltending a couple kids that can score and a belief in the system your playing for the trophy.
          you are leaving out one important difference between PC and Maine.
          Maine did not have a single forward who was as fast as a single PC defender, never mind as fast as a PC forward. I t was not just the system.

And Acciari will do well in the pros, he is another Greg Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
            you are leaving out one important difference between PC and Maine.
            Maine did not have a single forward who was as fast as a single PC defender, never mind as fast as a PC forward. I t was not just the system.

And Acciari will do well in the pros, he is another Greg Moore.
            I agree with the first part of your post, but Moore was a washout as a pro. Too slow.

And to address the post you quoted, the Maine recruits look anything but good, even on paper.

I predict another long year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              I agree with the first part of your post, but Moore was a washout as a pro. Too slow.

And to address the post you quoted, the Maine recruits look anything but good, even on paper.

I predict another long year.
              I meant the A, or the E... Accairi is not all that fast either, he, like Moore is a bull moose.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                Tegeler is a Senior. He was a transfer from UMass. Even if he has a year of eligibility left, Red ain't paying for him to go to Grad School. Gone.
                Tegeler & Nugnes were brought in by Gendron...looks like swings and misses with them,while "IF" Musil and or Norman go they would be from the Whitehead era...I would think there will be a-lot of questionmarks on this team come September...as in who's going to seize the chance in goal...will the defense play defense at a higher level...will someone come out and be a ON ICE Leader and who or whom will do the scoring and playmaking...a lot of what ifs...makes it interesting(I guess).

Comment

Tegeler & Nugnes were brought in by Gendron...looks like swings and misses with them,while "IF" Musil and or Norman go they would be from the Whitehead era.....
                  Musil is also a Gendron selection. Norman was Tim's.

Comment

Tegeler & Nugnes were brought in by Gendron...looks like swings and misses with them,while "IF" Musil and or Norman go they would be from the Whitehead era...I would think there will be a-lot of questionmarks on this team come September...as in who's going to seize the chance in goal...will the defense play defense at a higher level...will someone come out and be a ON ICE Leader and who or whom will do the scoring and playmaking...a lot of what ifs...makes it interesting(I guess).
                    Not shocked by Tegeler and Nugnes. I think they are both walk ons. Musil is also a walk on but I think he still has a chance to play. maybe the speed or defense responsibilities will pass him by?? he seemed to be a guy who could add some offense so he may get a longer look?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The IceBreaker field is official: Maine, North Dakota, Michigan State and Lake Superior State, at the Cross Arena in Portland.

It appears the Bears will play Michigan State the first night and North Dakota the second night.

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                        The IceBreaker field is official: Maine, North Dakota, Michigan State and Lake Superior State, at the Cross Arena in Portland.

It appears the Bears will play Michigan State the first night and North Dakota the second night.
                        Now that's a two game matchup that should fill the seats @ Portland...nice to see it happen. Hoping for two days of solid College Hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Now that's a two game matchup that should fill the seats @ Portland...nice to see it happen. Hoping for two days of solid College Hockey!
                          Got my tickets

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Got my tickets
                            They ain't on sale yet Wally !!

Gonna be a grand time in P town that weekend, eh?
                            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              They ain't on sale yet Wally !!

Gonna be a grand time in P town that weekend, eh?
                              yeah they are, pre sale to Maine season ticket holders. Went on sale at 10 am yesterday, had them by 10.08 am yesterday.

Check your Rep

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                yeah they are, pre sale to Maine season ticket holders. Went on sale at 10 am yesterday, had them by 10.08 am yesterday.

Check your Rep
                                got mine too, and I am not a season ticket holder. i did use a code, though, was that only for season ticket holders?

I cannot wait to see Whitehead behind the UND bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X