X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    I thought they looked pretty decent too. Unlike the BC game, they actually were pretty good passing, and made a bunch of pretty plays. And while Morris did save their bacon, I didn't think the D looked too bad. They may have given up a bunch of chances, but at least they weren't giving the puck right back to UHN forwards like they did with BC, and managed to clear the zone pretty effectively.

I'm wondering if Morris' improvement is due to him finally feeling healthy, or having confidence that his knee isn't gonna give out on him at any time. Or perhaps he sent some tape to Grant over the holiday break? Shore as well, is it maybe because he's finally getting back to 100%?
    Morris had hip surgery(knee?),and maybe it took 1/2 the season to get back into shape and shake the rust off of not training on the ice and other routines that he would have been doing all along had he not got injured and required surgery...either way hopefully both he and Romeo can step it up and get Maine a 1st round home ice series.

Comment

Morris has said he finally could get full extension so I'm guessing he is in game shape after hip surgery last year. probably took some time to feel good mentally about the hip also. One would have some doubts after major surgery.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Personally I think the healthy competition between the two goalies has made them both better players. Healing and game shape obviously is part of the equation but nothing motivates a player at this level more than competition or sitting in the stands watching.

Comment

What a mess it is up here, if we get another 6+ inches on friday their will be no one but students at UConn game
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            What a mess it is up here, if we get another 6+ inches on friday their will be no one but students at UConn game
            Friday is a televised game too.

Comment

There will be plenty of people in the stands......people will have cabin fever after this week of weather. Also UMaine sports have some nice momentum right now.....men's hoop vs. UNH tonight, women's hoop vs. UNH tomorrow night and hockey vs. UConn Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                Friday is a televised game too.
                Game Time on the ticket and schedule has it @ 7:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                  ...First line of Shore, Swavely and Vesey is a nice combo and good to see Brown snipe one.
                  What once was shall be again. This line was the first line back on 10/11/14 when they played one of the Alaska games. I don't remember seeing it for a while.

Comment

Off topic but does anyone want to lay odds on the Pirates leaving Portland after this year? The AHL is adding a Pacific Division, with Manchester, Worcester, Norfolk, Adirondack and Oklahoma City headed west. The Pirates aren't owned by their NHL affiliate (Phoenix) like the other five, but their affiliate agreement runs out this year. Phoenix could move west, or set up shop in one of the five cities that just lost their teams. And they may be better off (can't get much further from Phoenix, and the attendance has been terrible).

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Off topic but does anyone want to lay odds on the Pirates leaving Portland after this year? The AHL is adding a Pacific Division, with Manchester, Worcester, Norfolk, Adirondack and Oklahoma City headed west. The Pirates aren't owned by their NHL affiliate (Phoenix) like the other five, but their affiliate agreement runs out this year. Phoenix could move west, or set up shop in one of the five cities that just lost their teams. And they may be better off (can't get much further from Phoenix, and the attendance has been terrible).
                      Bangor Daily news article. Pirates’ future secure in Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        I saw that, but I guess I am more skeptical than most. Teams don't announce they are leaving until the last possible moment.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          From someone that used to go to a ton of Pirates games I could care less to be honest. When they were affiliated with Anaheim it was awesome. You saw the same players (for the most part) year in and year out, they were good and you got to watch them (former Portland players) win Stanley Cups. There was a good product and consistency. You felt like, as a fan, it was your team. Then they switched to Buffalo. Tough sell in a town full of Bruins fans. All new faces etc. That lasted a short time, started to get to know the players, then boom Phoenix is the new affiliate. At least with Anaheim, with the NHL club success and Buffalo being, at the time, in the Bruins div, you could follow the players you saw play in Portland that moved up etc. With Phoenix there's a collective who gives a crap. That's when I and a lot of other former fans completely lost interest. I'll go to a game every now and then for something to do, but it's nowhere near the same as it was 8-10 years ago and the fan base and attendance has reflected that.

Comment

Total joy to be in Lake Whit last night for the battle for 10th! A couple of observations. Those of you who are harping on our 'tenders, we are fine for the next 3 years. Morris and Romeo may not be Howard and Doyle or Dunham and Snow, but they are better than many combos we have had of late.

Secondly officiating decisions last night on disallowed goals were idiotic!!!! Final should have been 5-0 or 5-1! No question Higgins goal should have counted after watching the replay today. And that was the quietest I have ever witnessed in Durham. When Maine took the 3-0 lead 1/2 the student section evacuated like it was a fire drill.

Both Morris and Romeo have made critical saves early in wins of late. But despite the difference in shots last night Maine went to the net and UNH was satisfied to get the first shot but not fight for the 2nd.

First line of Shore, Swavely and Vesey is a nice combo and good to see Brown snipe one. Have been critical of the effort at times, but very satisfied with how Maine finished their chances last night. Hoping they can continue to build upon these wins. But thanks for a fun night in Durham!
                            Why do hockey east refs continuously second guess themselves by going to replay? IMO they're just proving how inadequate they really are. And even with replay< they still get calls wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                              Why do hockey east refs continuously second guess themselves by going to replay? IMO they're just proving how inadequate they really are. And even with replay< they still get calls wrong.
                              read the rulebook

it is not that they are second guessing themselves, it is that the rulebook tells them when to look at the replay

Comment

Total joy to be in Lake Whit last night for the battle for 10th! A couple of observations. Those of you who are harping on our 'tenders, we are fine for the next 3 years. Morris and Romeo may not be Howard and Doyle or Dunham and Snow, but they are better than many combos we have had of late. !
                                I was hoping someone else would do this, but I gotta.
                                Name ONE combo that this one is better than, please.
                                I cannot even think of a single top two goalie that either of them is better than from the last 10 years. I would put Wilson above either and I think he is at the bottom of the last 10 years. (think of his rebound control compared to theirs.. .he was not called the tattoed sponge for nothin')

Comment

Working...
                                X