X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Looks like Maine is headed to Vermont.
    Yikes, I HATE drawing a team we've already beaten 4 times this year. Gives me a very uneasy feeling....

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Yikes, I HATE drawing a team we've already beaten 4 times this year. Gives me a very uneasy feeling....
      I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maine really struggles with larger, more physical type teams as witnessed this weekend. If you can get in tight, scoring is a piece of cake with these guys. I had higher hopes for this team, but it appears they weren't prepared to begin the season right, and they generally lacked the talent throughout the lines to compete. A lot of work needs to be done .....not sure the present characters have what it takes to be a serious player in this league next year. Fore !
      Last edited by all bear; 03-01-2015, 05:57 AM.
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        OK......I give up. Have fun with a couple of stiffs between the pipes.
        There are stiffs all over the ice on this team but the goalies are the only ones you want to point out? I realize the goalies aren't great but they are both Freshman so I'm not going to condemn them because they aren't brick walls. It looks to me like this team tuned out before the season started. Not sure if or how Red can turn this team around. But without more talent in every position on the ice, Maine hockey is going nowhere.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Very disappointing season for Maine. I don't see how even the most loyal and optimistic of fans wouldn't see it that way. First 20 loss season since Timmy's 08-09 team. We had 2 quality wins all year. It's hard to see things getting better after a step back this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
            Yeah we definitely need to address our goaltending problem! When you out shoot a team 44-19 and lose 5-2 that is clearly, OH wait we were out shot 44-19!!! As Rosanne Rosanna Danna famously said Never Mind!!

Sorry. Our goaltending for years has been below average. It has been average this year with two new young guys. Those who wanted Maine to play Nugnes or want new goaltenders must not be watching these games. Our defense has been horrendous!!! And that is team defense. Last week vs. Northeastern on Friday night it seemed no one was defending between the two circles! Put any of Maine's great goalies out there and they don't win that game and given what the shot totals were vs. PC they don't win these games!

Talk about DENSE! You have to be DENSE to think that this teams deficiency this year is goaltending! With limited viewing the issues are team defense, inability to finish, and then average goaltending that did not make the critical save to close a game. May have cost us the difference between 9th and 10th!!! Back in the Sirman, Wilson era cost us NCAA appearances. So unless we are recruiting the next Jimmy Howard, or a Carey Price clone forget it. You say we are recruiting some 20-year old? My comment to that is he is someone that has been unrecruited to this point so not exactly a blue chipper and likely not a scholarship player. Means a recruited walk-on as it is his last chance. This team needs to address several more issues, goaltending is easy to pick on but truly is not what is at the heart of the issue!
            I for one have been to the games all season long and YES the defense is "BAD"...but the Goaltending is nothing to write home about either...this team in all aspects is bad...lets face it the talent level is not there and they are in for a long haul back to righting this Program. But all areas of this team they should be working on,but solid goaltending and solid defense is the way to start and rebuild...its going to be painful and no one expected a miracle from day one of the new hiring of Gendron & Co. I would BET that all the Posters on this Forum are DIEHARDS and ONLY want the best...sometimes frustrations and patience come to a head.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              There are stiffs all over the ice on this team but the goalies are the only ones you want to point out? I realize the goalies aren't great but they are both Freshman so I'm not going to condemn them because they aren't brick walls.
              Morris is a junior........not that it matters.

Comment

He red shirted last year due to an injury, has two more years of eligibility.

Comment

I dunno but they are after '95 born Salisbury goaltender Bailey MacBurnie.....so they obviously want some immediate help in that dept.
                  What if any info is on this Goaltender.?

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                    Academically, you are correct. But he played 6 games his first year and then sat for year. So really this is his first year as a full time goalie. He certainly is better than most of the goalies at Maine lately. Other than Marty as a Jr or Sr who has been better?

Comment

Let's go mount some cats!!
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

................Other than Marty as a Jr or Sr who has been better?
                        Dan Sullivan? He holds the Maine record for consecutive minutes without allowing a goal (over 200 minutes). That's impressive considering the outstanding goal tenders Maine has had. And then he mysteriously lost it. I am not trying to make a case he was better over the long haul because he wasn't.

Comment

Academically, you are correct. But he played 6 games his first year and then sat for year. So really this is his first year as a full time goalie. He certainly is better than most of the goalies at Maine lately. Other than Marty as a Jr or Sr who has been better?
                          Maine is listing him as a junior but if you want to argue with Red......go right ahead. As far as D-men.......yeah, they suck. Maine has something like 10 D-men lined up over the next few years. How many goaltenders do you see on the recruit list?

You guys are nuts if you think that Maine is winning anything with Morris or Romeo in net.......but hey, why not wait another 3 or 4 years for any success, right?

Comment

He certainly is better than most of the goalies at Maine lately. Other than Marty as a Jr or Sr who has been better?
                            This is essentially my point on the goalies.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              Maine is listing him as a junior but if you want to argue with Red......go right ahead. As far as D-men.......yeah, they suck. Maine has something like 10 D-men lined up over the next few years. How many goaltenders do you see on the recruit list?

You guys are nuts if you think that Maine is winning anything with Morris or Romeo in net.......but hey, why not wait another 3 or 4 years for any success, right?
                              Answer this, were the goalies responsible for the losses this past weekend?. I'd say no, penalties, lack of effort, defense all played a bigger part in the outcomes than the play of the goalies. There are huge holes in this team. Goaltending may be the biggest in your mind but it's only part of what's going on. There are no goalie recruits because Red doesn't have a scholarship to give one. He didn't recruit the present goalies but he is stuck with them. You can't devote 3 rides to goalies and short yourself skaters.

And oh yeah, I don't believe Maine is winning anything any time soon no matter who is in net

Comment

Answer this, were the goalies responsible for the losses this past weekend?. I'd say no, penalties, lack of effort,
                                I am LOST when you guys write about lack of effort.
                                WHICH Maine player all weekend long was able to create space between himself and ANY PC player on a breakaway or any play? NONE. I do not think that Maine has a forward who is faster than PC's slowest D man. Acciari might be slow (people said he was, but I did not see it), but if he was, his team mates made up for it.
                                The D did what they COULD. Rutt was knocking people around in the crease, taking good penalties. (The Major might have been deserved, but, both he and the PC player were skating in the same direction ALONG the boards when Jake make the hit. It was not a hit from behind INTO the boards, rather it might have been a hit to the back of the guy's head as the guy was already going down. Of course I have no idea how head contact made a difference as it was let go all game long. Acciari and Mauerman have no ability to make a hit without following through to the head, but Hayes and Merchant got away with it too, so THAT was not called unfairly.
                                The D attepted to stand guys up at the blue line. Timmy's boys never did that.
                                I do not fault the effort. Maine was severely outgunned and Leaman knew how to match lines so Maine never had even a tiny advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X