X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
    Priceless, where is your playoff scenario?
    correct mine?
    maine plays at UVM if maine loses, no matter what, right
    maine plays at UNH if maine ties and unh wins or ties, right?
    and
    maine hosts unh if maine wins and unh ties or loses
    or if maine ties and unh loses
    so the upside is that maine cannot have to travel to Indiana
    Sorry, but there's still a chance that we'll have to travel to South Bend.

If Maine loses tonight, we wind up as the No. 10 seed, because Connecticut has the tie-breaker. This means we play at the No. 7 seed. If Vermont wins and Notre Dame loses, Vermont moves up to No. 6 with 24 points, Notre Dame falls to No. 7 with 23 points, and we go to South Bend. If either Vermont or Notre Dame gets one point with a tie, Notre Dame stays at No. 6 because they have the tie-breaker with Vermont.

On the other hand, if we get at least one more point tonight than UNH (a win vs. a UNH tie or a tie/win vs. a UNH loss) then we move up to No. 8 and UNH falls to No. 9 because we have the tie-breaker.

If we tie and UNH ties or wins, then we become the sole occupant of 9th place, and we travel to UNH.
    Last edited by dwollstadt; 02-28-2015, 11:50 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
      Priceless, where is your playoff scenario?
      correct mine?
      maine plays at UVM if maine loses, no matter what, right
      maine plays at UNH if maine ties and unh wins or ties, right?
      and
      maine hosts unh if maine wins and unh ties or loses
      or if maine ties and unh loses
      so the upside is that maine cannot have to travel to Indiana
      I posted my possibilities on Facebook but others have stepped in. Considering all opponents tonight, the most likely scenario is a trip to South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        Maine hustled
        I hope no ody says they didnt.
        And yet defensive breakdowns continue.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          I posted my possibilities on Facebook but others have stepped in. Considering all opponents tonight, the most likely scenario is a trip to South Bend.
          Not sure it matters where they go, not consistent enough to do a damage in playoffs anyway
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            How is the goaltending to blame for this stat? And how many scholarships are you going to devote for goalies
            I dunno but they are after '95 born Salisbury goaltender Bailey MacBurnie.....so they obviously want some immediate help in that dept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              Nope, unless vt is able to beat UML at UML. Not likely. I expect PCI to sweep Maine tonight and da bears head to tree hugger u. Ct goes to UHN and Mack plays the golden domers
              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                I dunno but they are after '95 born Salisbury goaltender Bailey MacBurnie.....so they obviously want some immediate help in that dept.
                Both guys have a full ride, the team has 18 total. You want 3 scholarships for goalies? Isn't going to happen.

Comment

Maine down big already, might as well laugh about it. It ain't getting better anytime soon

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Maine down big already, might as well laugh about it. It ain't getting better anytime soon
                    Yeah, only question is do we go to Vermont or Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Uhh thanks
                      At least you didnt say you wrote them on the mens room wall

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Both guys have a full ride, the team has 18 total. You want 3 scholarships for goalies? Isn't going to happen.
                        Are you dense? They ARE recruiting a goaltender.......a 95 born meaning that he is 20.

What is your deal with the goaltenders.......mad love or man love for Morris and Romeo?

Comment

Looks like Maine is headed to Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            Are you dense? They ARE recruiting a goaltender.......a 95 born meaning that he is 20.

What is your deal with the goaltenders.......mad love or man love for Morris and Romeo?
                            Yeah we definitely need to address our goaltending problem! When you out shoot a team 44-19 and lose 5-2 that is clearly, OH wait we were out shot 44-19!!! As Rosanne Rosanna Danna famously said Never Mind!!

Sorry. Our goaltending for years has been below average. It has been average this year with two new young guys. Those who wanted Maine to play Nugnes or want new goaltenders must not be watching these games. Our defense has been horrendous!!! And that is team defense. Last week vs. Northeastern on Friday night it seemed no one was defending between the two circles! Put any of Maine's great goalies out there and they don't win that game and given what the shot totals were vs. PC they don't win these games!

Talk about DENSE! You have to be DENSE to think that this teams deficiency this year is goaltending! With limited viewing the issues are team defense, inability to finish, and then average goaltending that did not make the critical save to close a game. May have cost us the difference between 9th and 10th!!! Back in the Sirman, Wilson era cost us NCAA appearances. So unless we are recruiting the next Jimmy Howard, or a Carey Price clone forget it. You say we are recruiting some 20-year old? My comment to that is he is someone that has been unrecruited to this point so not exactly a blue chipper and likely not a scholarship player. Means a recruited walk-on as it is his last chance. This team needs to address several more issues, goaltending is easy to pick on but truly is not what is at the heart of the issue!
                            Last edited by BobF; 02-28-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              Yeah we definitely need to address our goaltending problem! When you out shoot a team 44-19 and lose 5-2 that is clearly, OH wait we were out shot 44-19!!! As Rosanne Rosanna Danna famously said Never Mind!!

Sorry. Our goaltending for years has been below average. It has been average this year with two new young guys. Those who wanted Maine to play Nugnes or want new goaltenders must not be watching these games. Our defense has been horrendous!!! And that is team defense. Last week vs. Northeastern on Friday night it seemed no one was defending between the two circles! Put any of Maine's great goalies out there and they don't win that game and given what the shot totals were vs. PC they don't win these games!

Talk about DENSE! You have to be DENSE to think that this teams deficiency this year is goaltending! With limited viewing the issues are team defense, inability to finish, and then average goaltending that did not make the critical save to close a game. May have cost us the difference between 9th and 10th!!! Back in the Sirman, Wilson era cost us NCAA appearances. So unless we are recruiting the next Jimmy Howard, or a Carey Price clone forget it. You say we are recruiting some 20-year old? My comment to that is he is someone that has been unrecruited to this point so not exactly a blue chipper and likely not a scholarship player. Means a recruited walk-on as it is his last chance. This team needs to address several more issues, goaltending is easy to pick on but truly is not what is at the heart of the issue!
                              Very well said, Bob. One thing I'm curious about is do people really think there is some Jimmy Howard type goalie out there who is uncommitted and why exactly would that type of player come to Maine right now? Maine getting back to their best is a lot more complicated than just having some out of this world goalie.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post

OK......I give up. Have fun with a couple of stiffs between the pipes.

Comment

Working...
                                X