X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    All 4 Kariya kids came to UMaine, Paul must have liked it pretty well
    ...And he's been quoted saying that he's proud of being a Black Bear "every day".

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      I think that Maine moving toward more American recruits is a good thing........I'm feeling like Canadians aren't as emotionally involved in the college game and don't have that burning desire to beat their rivals like American kids do.....especially those from the Northeast.
      Desire to win knows no borders. I would love Maine to get back to recruiting in Quebec. There's tons of talent there and Maine's proximity ought to work in its favor.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        I stick by what I have been saying all year... they did give it their all, but there just was not a lot of "all" there.

I cannot think of too many selfish plays this whole season, so if you are saying that some of them played for their own accollades or points, I have to wonder what you saw that I didn't
        I never wonder what you see...you seem to see it all...no matter what/when/where...you've got the answer or riddle me this quote...which is fine with me...your in your own world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Desire to win knows no borders. I would love Maine to get back to recruiting in Quebec. There's tons of talent there and Maine's proximity ought to work in its favor.
          I would love UVM to do the same but I gather it is much harder to do than in years past. UVM got St. Louis, Perrin, Cote, Ducharme, Boyce and a few other really good players (as well as being great locker room guys) from Quebec. It would be great to see more of them south of the border.

Comment

Scott Darling looking great so far tonight. Facing Talbot of the NYR, who went to UAH (!). Anson Carter just commented that neither of those guys went to "traditional hockey powerhouses"...

Nice to be lumped-in with Huntsville. Is there any doubt that Maine's cachet has expired?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Scott Darling looking great so far tonight. Facing Talbot of the NYR, who went to UAH (!). Anson Carter just commented that neither of those guys went to "traditional hockey powerhouses"...

Nice to be lumped-in with Huntsville. Is there any doubt that Maine's cachet has expired?
              Michigan State hasn't exactly set the world on fire recently either. Anson Carter.......pfft.

Comment

I stick by what I have been saying all year... they did give it their all, but there just was not a lot of "all" there.

I cannot think of too many selfish plays this whole season, so if you are saying that some of them played for their own accollades or points, I have to wonder what you saw that I didn't
                yeah, that's why they came out flat for so many games, or took so many periods off. By their own admission, by the way, not just my opinion. If you're giving it your all, then you don't take periods off.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  yeah, that's why they came out flat for so many games, or took so many periods off. By their own admission, by the way, not just my opinion. If you're giving it your all, then you don't take periods off.
                  such bs.

if you were at the games you would have seen that Maine, for the most part just could not keep up with an above average skater. Hhow many foot races did a bear win against a single PC skater or BU skater? Maine's forwards could not beat a single PC defenseman if the Bear started out with a lead. Shouldn't Maine's fastest skater be able to create a gap and skate away from Providence's slowest Dman?

it had nothing to do with not trying... what did you expect them to say, they are just not a good D1 team overall?

Maine NEVER came out flying against a top team. Maine never dogged it against Merrimack or UMass... how is that?
                  Last edited by TERRIERFANinLA; 03-19-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

such bs.

if you were at the games you would have seen that Maine, for the most part just could not keep up with an above average skater. how many foot raced did a bear win against a single PC skater or BU skater? Maine's forwards could not beat a single PC defenseman if the bear started out with a lead. Shouldn't Maine's fastest skater be able to create a gap and skate away from Providence's slowest Dman?

it had nothing to do with not trying... what did you expect them to say, they are just not a good D1 team overall?

Maine NEVER came out flying against a top team. Maine never dogged it against Merrimack or UMass... how is that?
                    How else to explain the Jekyll and Hyde performances on back to back nights? Also witnessed many selfish plays, from bad angle shots with a teammate open to our solo breakout. Other teams moved the puck up ice with passes, we carried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                      How else to explain the Jekyll and Hyde performances on back to back nights? Also witnessed many selfish plays, from bad angle shots with a teammate open to our solo breakout. Other teams moved the puck up ice with passes, we carried it.
                      Overcarried it. That's why they got pinned in D- zone so often. And too many times looking to the long passes which resulted in icings instead of short quick passes. IMO that's a reflection on coach.

Comment

I think that chemistry and team play are 2 areas that will improve next season. How many of TIMMAY's guys are left?

Comment

• Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                          such bs.

if you were at the games you would have seen that Maine, for the most part just could not keep up with an above average skater. how many foot raced did a bear win against a single PC skater or BU skater? Maine's forwards could not beat a single PC defenseman if the bear started out with a lead. Shouldn't Maine's fastest skater be able to create a gap and skate away from Providence's slowest Dman?

Agree with this. I think that coaches and players are being kind when they say the effort wasn't there versus the team wasn't very talented. I don't beleive Maine was blown out once all year and the only weekend where Maine really played poor the entire weekend was at home against Vermont.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Agree with this. I think that coaches and players are being kind when they say the effort wasn't there versus the team wasn't very talented. I don't beleive Maine was blown out once all year and the only weekend where Maine really played poor the entire weekend was at home against Vermont.
                            I don't know, I think losing 5-1, 4-1 is kinda getting blown out. They lost by 3 goals or more 10 times. Saying they didn't put in the effort is worse than saying they didn't have the talent to keep up IMO.
                            Last edited by ck1969; 03-19-2015, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Team was better in 2013-14 than in 2014-15 so what difference does it make how many of "Tims guys" are around? They lost "Tim guys" from Reds first year to second and got way worse, whys it automatically assumed that losing more will make them better?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                I don't know, I think losing 5-1, 4-1 is kinda getting blown out. They lost by 3 goals or more 10 times. Saying they didn't put in the effort is worse than saying they didn't have the talent to keep up IMO.
                                That's slightly misleading, since they gave up empty net goals in eight games - including six that they lost by 3+. Throw out the empty net goals and that 10 is cut in half.

Very few on that team gave 100% effort 100% of the time, but they also didn't have the talent to compete at the highest levels night in and night out. It isn't an "either/or" situation. Some nights both were true.

Comment

Working...
                                X