* Coca Cola 3-Star Award: Devin Shore
    * Stein Award: Jake Rutt
    * Richard Britt Perseverance Award: Stu Higgins
    * Madeline Bacon Spirit Award: Matt Strickrott
    * Howard Neville Rookie of the Year: Nolan Vesey
    * Jack Semler Most Improved Player: Will Merchant
    * Shawn Walsh Defensive Player: Ben Hutton
    * Harold Alfond Most Valuable Player: Devin Shore
    When Hutton wins defensive player award, that's really all you need to know about last year's team
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      When Hutton wins defensive player award, that's really all you need to know about last year's team
      When I saw that...I thought the same...I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that...phew.

Comment

And what's the Stein award for?

Defensive player should have been either Renouf or Schurhamer IMO.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          T**, and very true.

And the recruits look very pedestrian to me. I'd guess that Maine has a winning % of around .333 in '15/'16.

The program is at its lowest level in more than 20 years, and I don't see any quick fix.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-09-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Jeff Cox tweeted out that Pecararo is exploring his options and may not return. He noted that Gendron said Pecararo is in good standing with the university and that no decision has yet to be made. Mentioned he might return to USHL. Pecararo played in the New England Pro Am Pre-Draft Showcase this past weekend on a team with Holway and Cochrane. Had a couple of assists in 5 or 6 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              Jeff Cox tweeted out that Pecararo is exploring his options and may not return. He noted that Gendron said Pecararo is in good standing with the university and that no decision has yet to be made. Mentioned he might return to USHL. Pecararo played in the New England Pro Am Pre-Draft Showcase this past weekend on a team with Holway and Cochrane. Had a couple of assists in 5 or 6 games.
              He did not play but he was on roster. Colin McCabe, a 97 D from Thayer Academy, dressed in his place.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                And what's the Stein award for?
                Just googled it - It's for Defenseman who drinks the most beer.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Just googled it - It's for Defenseman who drinks the most beer.
                  OK, I can get my mind around that... He even drank during games, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                    That's surprising to hear about,know that Nik Nugnes is leaving...wonder if there are more changes in store,as in a player or two not returning from last years Roster.

Comment

Thinking about Maine's two games at Union.... might Oct. 16-17 be a possibility? Unless it's done later in the season, I'm thinking Oct. 16-17 is the best bet based on currently known dates... also right around the time Union played at Maine last year.

Comment

How about Ben Bishop tonight for the Lightning!!! Made Carry Price look meek!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                          How about Ben Bishop tonight for the Lightning!!! Made Carry Price look meek!
                          He's been as solid as a rock for the most part. I'm guessing that Tampa will face the Caps in the next round, which should be an interesting match-up. If I had to bet my life, I'd reluctantly give the nod to Holtby and Ovechkin in that one, though.

It's great fun to watch former Bears compete for The Cup. Not confident that many former Maine guys will be around in the future anymore. I expected Abbott to be called-up this season, but no dice. I don't see Shore as having any kind of an NHL career to speak of, but I think that Hutton has a shot if he gets a lot of good advice in a hurry. Mangene, no way, Teddy is languishing in Edmonton, and I don't know where Marty is anymore.

Hanging my hat on Goose and Bish to stay around for a while. I think they will.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            He did not play but he was on roster. Colin McCabe, a 97 D from Thayer Academy, dressed in his place.
                            Thanks. Was going off of boxscores and they apparently did not update the roster for the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              That's surprising to hear about, know that Nik Nugnes is leaving...wonder if there are more changes in store, as in a player or two not returning from last years roster.
                              I am going to guess Norman and Musil...gone. Just a guess. And not for nothin' but the coaching staff considers Pecararo as the most talented/gifted player on the team. I truly hope he returns and I truly hope he does not repeatedly break every team rule 35 times again next year. With nine lives, he spent eight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                I am going to guess Norman and Musil...gone. Just a guess. And not for nothin' but the coaching staff considers Pecararo as the most talented/gifted player on the team. I truly hope he returns and I truly hope he does not repeatedly break every team rule 35 times again next year. With nine lives, he spent eight.
                                With that said,what is Andrew Tegeler role on this team? Don't see him being any factor in the lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X