X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by BobF View Post
    Appears Ben Hutton has now signed with Vancouver. Expected to lose Devin, surprised to lose Ben to a certain extent. Think Ben has a ways to go on the D side, but has some nice potential. Think this speaks to some of Tim's guys not clicking with the new regime, which in the end is not a bad thing. Red needs to have his guys playing his style. We will need to see improvement next year! Year 3 has to be better than years 1 & 2.
    My thoughts exactly regarding their relationship with Red. With both Shore and Hutton seeming to take a step back this year it seems like they knew going into this season they would sign. Good for them. I hope they both have long successful careers.

Comment

So many "pro" players.........so few wins.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        My thoughts exactly regarding their relationship with Red. With both Shore and Hutton seeming to take a step back this year it seems like they knew going into this season they would sign. Good for them. I hope they both have long successful careers.
        I wonder if thats what happened, both thought they were gone so who cares? Teddy Purcell at the end of the season comes to mind.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          So many "pro" players.........so few wins.
          2 players don't make a hockey team, now if the "pro" was a goalie then maybe. We all know you think the goalies suck so there you go on the "so few wins"

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I wonder if thats what happened, both thought they were gone so who cares? Teddy Purcell at the end of the season comes to mind.
            I think with the horrendous start to the season the deal was sealed esp for Hutton that they were gone. I think Shore knew he was gone regardless. Maybe took it a little easy to save themselves for the AHL, prevent injury???

Comment

2 players don't make a hockey team, now if the "pro" was a goalie then maybe. We all know you think the goalies suck so there you go on the "so few wins"
              I don't get blaming the best players on a team for the team's lack of success. Maine had two top level players and a bunch of guys who would struggle to crack a 3rd line on a really good team. It's not Shore or Hutton's fault that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                I don't get blaming the best players on a team for the team's lack of success. Maine had two top level players and a bunch of guys who would struggle to crack a 3rd line on a really good team. It's not Shore or Hutton's fault that was the case.
                So it's not the goaltenders fault.....and it's not Shore and Hutton's fault.....do we blame the other players then? Gendron? Or maybe no one is to blame?

Comment

So it's not the goaltenders fault.....and it's not Shore and Hutton's fault.....do we blame the other players then? Gendron? Or maybe no one is to blame?
                  Where did I absolve the goaltenders? I don't think they were the biggest problem, but I also don't think they were the solution either.

Between the skaters returning, the goaltenders returning, and the incoming recruits I am setting the over/under for wins next year at 8.5.

Comment

Its every bodies fault not just one or two players fault. its a team

Comment

Its every bodies fault not just one or two players fault. its a team
                      Right on...this is on the WHOLE TEAM: Players & Coaches. Hopefully they realize that its Maine on the front of that hockey sweater.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        Where did I absolve the goaltenders? I don't think they were the biggest problem, but I also don't think they were the solution either.

Between the skaters returning, the goaltenders returning, and the incoming recruits I am setting the over/under for wins next year at 8.5.
                        Just looking at what the schedule has in store for 30 of the 36 games...plus factor in lack of scoring power/playmakers...questions surrounding the goaltending and defense...and nobody ever knows what to expect from incoming recruits until they are actually on the ice/playing games...I'm scared to say...but 10 as a Low and 14 as a High at this point,well before the season begins...always HOPING I am WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          I think with the horrendous start to the season the deal was sealed esp for Hutton that they were gone. I think Shore knew he was gone regardless. Maybe took it a little easy to save themselves for the AHL, prevent injury???
                          I do not think that either of them "saved themselves"
                          players who make it to this level only know how to play one way.... and I think that they both gave it their all.
                          I also think that Devin put on too much muscle, just like Luc Aquino did a bunch of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Right on...this is on the WHOLE TEAM: Players & Coaches. Hopefully they realize that its Maine on the front of that hockey sweater.
                            honestly WHAT does that mean?
                            Shawn gave it some meaning, but I really don't think it means any more than "Holy Cross" means on a basketball jersey.... does it?
                            wally, what's the anchor for in your avatar, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                              Shawn gave it some meaning, but I really don't think it means any more than "Holy Cross" means on a basketball jersey.... does it?
                              Meaning??? Playing for Maine Hockey,not for you or me or for one's self but for the Team sake...Team Hockey/win or lose together and able to look themselves after and say they left it all on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
                                Still looks like Lake State to me

Comment

Working...
                                X