X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Div.3 Hockey will never happen...you should RUN for Governor...take it out on all of us.
    I do not know what that means. whether I am governor or not, there is next to no money being put into the right places at the university. thank god some people started realizing that there needs to be some consilidation and all campuses cannot have so many different programs, but there are still too many administrators.

as for D3 hockey. let me ask you this, if there were only 2 options, which would you choose. A good D3 team that competed for titles, or a bottom dweller team that only made it to the garden once a decade and did not win there and only got to theNCAA tourney once every 20 or 30 years (Merrimack-ish). Lucky for me, I live far south and I can just go turncoat if I want to see good hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
      I do not know what that means. whether I am governor or not, there is next to no money being put into the right places at the university. thank god some people started realizing that there needs to be some consilidation and all campuses cannot have so many different programs, but there are still too many administrators.

as for D3 hockey. let me ask you this, if there were only 2 options, which would you choose. A good D3 team that competed for titles, or a bottom dweller team that only made it to the garden once a decade and did not win there and only got to theNCAA tourney once every 20 or 30 years (Merrimack-ish). Lucky for me, I live far south and I can just go turncoat if I want to see good hockey.
      Well, Beaney is finally gone at USM. His brother was marjorly successful in Vermont, but not much ever happened in Gorham over the decades. Lets see what Harding can do. Too bad we couldn't move the D1 program down sooth but c'est la vie. Here's your chance to see just a stellar D3 program on the Olympic ice sheet.
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by TERRIERFANinLA View Post
        i suppose football would go the way of the BU and Northeastern teams first, but, frankly, i can see it happening.... I can see hockey either going D3 or no hockey at all.

(and yeah, I know the rules about if ya have D1 teams, but I am sure they can figure a way around it... move all the teams to D3, for example. I cannot think of a great reason to keep seding mediocre teams all over the north east, just to lose, and I certainly cannot think of a single reason to keep bringing in the inner city football players from new jersey and lettign them take early childhood education for free while the poor kids from Dover Foxcroft have to pay thier own ways in the engineering programs after their parents paid Maine taxes their whole lives)
        Football costs more but football donors are active, removing football would probably cause a bigger uproar than hockey. I don't disagree on the money part sooner or later something has to give. Seems to me campuses in Machias and Fort Kent should go first before they gut Orono.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
          I still don't see anyone resembling a sniper in the incoming recruits. The numbers just aren't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            I still don't see anyone resembling a sniper in the incoming recruits. The numbers just aren't there.

Let them take the ice before you judge/get all pessimistic.

Comment

Let them take the ice before you judge/get all pessimistic.
              they HAVE been taking the ice, for the past 15 years, minimum!

whice mediocre talent from a middle-tier junior league has knocked your socks off in recent years?

Brice OConnor was one of my favorite black bears ever and was the D man of the year in a crappy junior league... he was not exactly on the verge of Hobey Finalist and he did not exactly tear it up in the pros.

Penner was a one of a kind, I am afraid.

Comment

Another sub-mediocre class aside, how about Bish tonight? He actually DID look dinged-up for a span, but got it on afterward. Love to see him earn a ring.

Comment

Schedule has been posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJS7FuWgAEAQ3f.jpg:large

NC is Ice Breaker, New Jersey tournament, Portland/Manchester with UNH, 2 home with Princeton, 2 home with Colgate, H/H with Quinnipiac, 2 @ Union.

HEA is 2 away at BC, UMass, ND, Northeastern. 2 home vs. UConn, PC, Merrimack, UVM. H/H with UNH, BU, UML.

Exhibition is New Brunswick.

Comment

Terrible home schedule.

Comment

Terrible home schedule.
                      I don't think it's too bad.

Princeton x2
                      Colgate x2
                      Quinnipiac
                      UConn x2
                      Providence x2
                      Merrimack x2
                      Vermont
                      UNH
                      BU
                      UML

It has been much, much worse in the recent past. No AHA teams. No extra UMass or UVM games. Defending national champs.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

Princeton x2
                        Colgate x2
                        Quinnipiac
                        UConn x2
                        Providence x2
                        Merrimack x2
                        Vermont
                        UNH
                        BU
                        UML

It has been much, much worse in the recent past. No AHA teams. No extra UMass or UVM games. Defending national champs.

JMO but I'd rather have a home series with an AHA team in late October as opposed to an exhibition game that doesn't mean anything in the standings.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
                          JMO but I'd rather have a home series with an AHA team in late October as opposed to an exhibition game that doesn't mean anything in the standings.
                          Exhibition games don't count towards 36, AHA does.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

Princeton x2
                            Colgate x2
                            Quinnipiac
                            UConn x2
                            Providence x2
                            Merrimack x2
                            Vermont
                            UNH
                            BU
                            UML

I'm with you

Princeton - Finished last in ECAC, along with Merrimack the only real dud on the home schedule. Chance for Common Opponent points in PWR
                            Colgate - Finished 4th in the ECAC and won 22 games last year
                            Quinnipiac - Tournament team last year, ECAC RS Champ
                            UConn - going to happen every other year... oh, and Maine went 0-1-1 against them last year
                            Providence - Defending National Champs, lost twice to them last year
                            Merrimack - going to happen every other year, won two close games last year
                            UVM - Beat Maine 6 times in 7 meetings last year
                            UNH - Self explanatory
                            BU - Lost NC game, Maine lost both games to them last year
                            Lowell - 4th in HE last year, beat Maine in both meetings

and they get North Dakota, Michigan State, and UNH in Portland.

Comment

I like picking up the ECAC teams over playing Hockey East teams 4x. Colgate and Quinnipiac have been pretty strong recently and Princeton could get Maine some PWR points if that ends up relevant

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                                I'm with you

Princeton - Finished last in ECAC, along with Merrimack the only real dud on the home schedule. Chance for Common Opponent points in PWR
                                Colgate - Finished 4th in the ECAC and won 22 games last year
                                Quinnipiac - Tournament team last year, ECAC RS Champ
                                UConn - going to happen every other year... oh, and Maine went 0-1-1 against them last year
                                Providence - Defending National Champs, lost twice to them last year
                                Merrimack - going to happen every other year, won two close games last year
                                UVM - Beat Maine 6 times in 7 meetings last year
                                UNH - Self explanatory
                                BU - Lost NC game, Maine lost both games to them last year
                                Lowell - 4th in HE last year, beat Maine in both meetings

and they get North Dakota, Michigan State, and UNH in Portland.

The only big things I don't agree with are the middle of the week games, mainly the UNH game in Portland. Kind of sucks for season ticket holders in the Bangor area who will be paying extra for that game and not be able to go. I'm all for games in Portland, just make them on the weekends so its easier for those of us in Bangor to make the trek down.

Comment

Working...
                                X