This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Hockey 2014-15 Volume 2: Red's Revenge

1-0 Maine after 1. Brown with the goal. Romeo with some big saves. Nicoles has been good for UCONN

Comment

Rutt makes it 2-0 shorthanded after Byron was stopped on a breakaway

Comment

Tie game. 2-2 with 7:10 to go in the second. Goals were 34 seconds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
          Tie game. 2-2 with 7:10 to go in the second. Goals were 34 seconds apart.
          Nice screen from Schurhammer on Uconn's second goal.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Shore knocks in the rebound of a Hutton shot with 21 seconds left in the third. 3-2 Maine. Shore won a faceoff in the offensive zone with 27 seconds left, then picked up the puck off a scramble in front.

Waived off after a review.... sigh...

Headed to OT
            Last edited by gscott13; 02-01-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I know the refs didn't help at the end of the game today, but what a pathetic showing this weekend. Uconn isn't horrible, but there is no way on earth you should be blowing a two goal lead against them. The worst part of it is it comes on the heels of losing with 20 second left in overtime because of giving up a two on one. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't at least three or four underclassmen who are asked not to come back next year.

I can't wait to read the comments on how goaltending is the reason Maine didn't get more points this weekend. Trust me, you're not going to get many points if you only score three goals over the course of the weekend.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I know the refs didn't help at the end of the game today, but what a pathetic showing this weekend. Uconn isn't horrible, but there is no way on earth you should be blowing a two goal lead against them. The worst part of it is it comes on the heels of losing with 20 second left in overtime because of giving up a two on one. I'll be very disappointed if there aren't at least three or four underclassmen who are asked not to come back next year.

I can't wait to read the comments on how goaltending is the reason Maine didn't get more points this weekend. Trust me, you're not going to get many points if you only score three goals over the course of the weekend.
                Maine has made good goaltenders look like gods for years, I doubt that changes next year.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I would love to see the replay of that last disallowed goal.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                    I would love to see the replay of that last disallowed goal.
                    Everyone would, I trust their was some interference but
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      a GREAT goaltender can do that to teams... Nicoles is the reason they've taken down BC, Lowell, RPI, UVM, Quinnipiac, Union, and Tied BU and Notre Dame.... What is scary is this kid is only a sophomore, so we're going to see A LOT more of him over the next couple of years.... If UCONN throws money at the program over the next couple of seasons, they're better positioned to entrench themselves than most of the teams in HE. With that said, right now, they're a young team with a great 'tender and very good coaching....
                      Funny, but it seems every week, Maine runs into a GREAT goaltender.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Funny, but it seems every week, Maine runs into a GREAT goaltender.
                        Funny how that is, huh?..........

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                          ....and I think they have only 11 scholarships this year .... and also 9 freshmen. Impressive
                          UCONN has only 10 scholarships this year, will be at 14 next year, and then at the full allotment of 18 the year after.

Comment

Granted 3 goals in 2 games don't win many games...but the difference maker this weekend was UConns Goaltender Rob Nichols,he kept them in both games and was clutch when needed. Now back to Alfond and taking on Notre Dame next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by FDNY99 View Post
                              UCONN has only 10 scholarships this year, will be at 14 next year, and then at the full allotment of 18 the year after.
                              Credit UConn,they worked hard and their Goaltender(Nichols)was key and just a Sophmore/UConn can build around him...a lot of positives for them in there 1st season in Hockey East.

Comment

Two very even teams. My take on the weekend is that UConn is well-coached, hard working with a very good goalie. They were very good with their sticks defensively and played their systems. Their goals were opportunistic goals caused by defensive lapses. We needed more than 1 point out of the weekend, hopefully we'll get better results this weekend. On the positive side, Shore has picked up his game as has the Rutt/Riley D pairing. Their +- has been creeping up and in conference they lead the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X