• Re: World Soccer XXVI: Fun for MLS Fans and Eurosnobs Alike

Should be 1-0.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      I feel bad for France. While technically correct, that "handball" that led to the tying penalty hit the French defender on the top side of her biceps as she was in the process of swinging her arm back away from the ball. Then another player was wide open directly in front of the net who could have blocked the ball down and walked it into the net, letting it deflect off her shin wide with less than 2 minutes left in the 2nd extra time.

Lots of running up and down the field, very few actual shots, even fewer scoring opportunities. Germany did not score in the run of play nor from set pieces either, France flubbed several chances and had a hard-luck bad bounce.
      She turned into it. Definitely a handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Should be 1-0.
        China's keeper playing WAY off her line, and we still can't get it in. You get the feeling it's going to be this one little counter-attack and China will win 1-0.

Comment

Lloyd. 51st minute.

1-0
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Lloyd. 51st minute.

1-0
            Very nice header

Comment

USA 1
              China 0

Full time
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Am I wrong to think the offense looked better- in spite of the fewer goals. It was more about poor last touches than anything else, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Am I wrong to think the offense looked better- in spite of the fewer goals. It was more about poor last touches than anything else, to me.
                  Also very different without Rapinoe and Wambach.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Offense looked much better. China also packed the box which made it impossible to create anything a lot of the time, and they were still getting decent shots off.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• julie Johnston is good at soccer.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

I would so love an England vs. United States final. Blatter just might get that heart attack we've all been rooting for.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I guess England still holds Dominion over Canada. (Ducks.)

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                            I guess England still holds Dominion over Canada. (Ducks.)
                            Not ducks, they're loons .

Pretty even game, except for a central defender kicking the turf and a marker sneaking a peek at the corner kick at the wrong instant.

Comment

The NY/NY game is interesting.

Corporate Whores dominating in the second over the City Farm Club With A Narrow Field.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                The NY/NY game is interesting.

Corporate Whores dominating in the second over the City Farm Club With A Narrow Field.
                                Forza Cosmos! New York's real team.

Comment

Working...
                                X