• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Soccer XXVI: Fun for MLS Fans and Eurosnobs Alike

Continue
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Re: World Soccer XXVI: Fun for MLS Fans and Eurosnobs Alike

So, based on the title, everybody have fun tonight?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Everybody wang Chung tonight

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        I preferred Dance Hall Days.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Across the nation, around the world.
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Well another friendly, another loss. What did we learn? They're out of shape, Jurgen is not a great coach, and we still suck.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Haha. Fantastic handball goal by Hull. Guy literally punched the ball in the net and wondered why it was called off.

Probably get banned on review. Wasn't even disguised.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Ghana and Equatorial Guinea have their match at the African Cup of Nations suspended.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/acon-se...ium=socialflow

Comment

Why I don't like Screamer

I have never, and probably will never, understand why somebody who lives in New York can write about a game across an ocean in a city he's been to, at most, a handful of times like it was the most important thing ever. But in the same space, not only not care about games happening across the river, but actively degrade those games and that league.

To a great extent, I will never understand the Eurosnob mentality. I cannot comprehend somebody in America getting this worked up over this game beyond a) they lived in Madrid for years or b) their parents emigrated from Madrid. Writers like Haisley just baffle me.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Thought it was odd yesterday watching the USA Panama game that when they were promoting the Orlando-NYC MLS opener they refused to say SC. It was always "Orlando City vs NYC FC". It happened like four times. Just seemed strange they would actively include Football Club to the end of NYC but not Soccer Club to Orlando.

Apparently the Crew added SC to their name this year too.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      Thought it was odd yesterday watching the USA Panama game that when they were promoting the Orlando-NYC MLS opener they refused to say SC. It was always "Orlando City vs NYC FC". It happened like four times. Just seemed strange they would actively include Football Club to the end of NYC but not Soccer Club to Orlando.

Apparently the Crew added SC to their name this year too.
                      Well, they never add the "FC" on Seattle Sounders FC either. Then again, not many in Seattle do either.

Maybe it's because "FC" is a key distinguishing feature to the team name, like FC Dallas?
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I don't mind MLS, but i also don't actively watch it. Mostly because I have no idea when they are on. I only vaguely understand when their season is. Then the one team i did enjoy watching hasn't been that great (Chicago).

Saturday and Sunday mornings I have a lot of free time and my wife isn't interested in anything on TV so I can watch as many BPL games as I want.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          I don't mind MLS, but i also don't actively watch it. Mostly because I have no idea when they are on. I only vaguely understand when their season is. Then the one team i did enjoy watching hasn't been that great (Chicago).

Saturday and Sunday mornings I have a lot of free time and my wife isn't interested in anything on TV so I can watch as many BPL games as I want.
                          That would be why MLS pushed for dedicated time slots in their new TV contracts. Before it was a hassle to keep track.

I can understand why people don't actively follow MLS, though in this digital age it isn't that hard. What I don't get is the active derision the league gets from guys like Haisley. I guess it's the super hipster "it's not like it is in Europe!" attitude?
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Two years after drawing Spain, France, and Ghana in the U20 World Cup the US draws New Zealand, Ukraine, and Myanmar.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Two years after drawing Spain, France, and Ghana in the U20 World Cup the US draws New Zealand, Ukraine, and Myanmar.
                              Cripes, the USA would have to trip on our own junk to not advance out of that group.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                              X