X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVI: Fun for MLS Fans and Eurosnobs Alike

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I thought that folded last year.
    Oh no, NWSL is still going on strong. The MISL, on the other hand, merged with the MASL. Maybe that's what you're thinking about.

Comment

I think I got it mixed up with WPS, which upon further review has been gone for a few years now.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        I think I got it mixed up with WPS, which upon further review has been gone for a few years now.
        Ah, yes. There were three women's leagues before the NWSL (all ironically won by the Flash out of Buffalo/Rochester).

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          You ought to see these women play in the NWSL; they're quite amazing out there. All the games are free to watch on Youtube.
          I've watched it, even Seattle with Leroux, Rapinoe, Hope, and Naho last year was a struggle.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            I've watched it, even Seattle with Leroux, Rapinoe, Hope, and Naho last year was a struggle.
            Different things interest different people, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Different things interest different people, I suppose.
              It was better than Chivas USA I'll give it that. Not a high bar though.

The technical abilities were lacking IMO. Coupled with less physical play it seemed dull.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Holy crap. An own goal in the 92'

Comment

I wonder if Sepp had her family held hostage.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    Holy crap. An own goal in the 92'
                    Ouch. That is going to sting for a while.

Comment

Totally saw that coming.

(Not really.)

With a team losing an important game in an excruciating fashion, this really should have been played in Vancouver.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

LOLEngland.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I think that is the most heartbreaking loss I have ever seen in any sport. I didn't care who won and it still makes you feel for England. They are the Ziggy of the International Soccer. Absolutely devastating.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            I think that is the most heartbreaking loss I have ever seen in any sport. I didn't care who won and it still makes you feel for England. They are the Ziggy of the International Soccer. Absolutely devastating.
                            She's going to have to talk to Russell Wilson about therapists.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

We are still a little stunned. Getting ready for another 30 min of futbol. All of a sudden, NOT.

Comment

Wow....England is just CURSED
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X