UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March Thread II

I keep thinking that they're going to see how well they can play, no matter the result, and try and continue that.

I hope tonight's that chance again. They DOMINATED MC. You shouldn't ever see that kind of shot total in HE.

Tomorrow's the start of something good.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Shots attempted were 94-29 Lowell. SOG were 52-17. Sometimes you run into a hot goalie.
      Yup, one of those nights. The team deserved better as they dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I keep thinking that they're going to see how well they can play, no matter the result, and try and continue that.

I hope tonight's that chance again. They DOMINATED MC. You shouldn't ever see that kind of shot total in HE.

Tomorrow's the start of something good.
        Yeah tough pill to swallow tonight but the urgency and the heart was there. I was sure they would tie it up. At 8-2-1 coming in MC is one of the toughest places in the league to get a win. If UML plays with that intensity the rest of the schedule the wins will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          Elsewhere in league play the cream is rising to the top. BC took a late 3rd period lead over PC and BU scored 5 unanswered on UMA in the 3rd after UMA took a 5-4 lead . Amazing how BU can just turn it on in the 3rd.
          BU was 6 for 9 on the PP tonight. They scored 6 goals in the 3rd, 5 on the PP.

Comment

Where is the offense? only one goal on 50 shots that is horrible.

Comment

All in all, I thought last night was a far better game than either of the PC games and some of the play against BU. We moved the puck well and kept the pressure on. I think MC kept some of our 50 shots in ineffective areas with their defense but I think we just primarily ran into a hot goalie. The one goal being scored on a great tip supports that.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

This whole game game down mostly to just one thing. It didn't matter what anyone did, Tirronen was going to get this win.
                He was incredible. The D in front of him did make the River Hawks alter their shots a bit and they did a good job keeping pressure but MC's goalie was just way too good.

The reason I say mostly comes down to the opposite goalie's play. Both of the goals he let in were awful. I don't care if Zink gave up the puck, even though that was a bad play, Boyle's attempt at stopping that breakaway was embarrassing and the rebound goal he let up was just as bad. Two bad plays that I think if we had a slightly above average guy in the net, at least one of those goals wouldn't have gone in, if not both.
                Let's hope tonight gets the result we all desperately want to see. They dominated the entire game so if they play like that again tonight, UML wins 5 to 1.

Comment

So since Smith got a 10 minute misconduct will he be suspended for the next game?
                  I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                    So since Smith got a 10 minute misconduct will he be suspended for the next game?
                    It was Mueller and no he will not miss a game. In order to miss a game, you need to get a game disqualification.
                    What did you say?
                    Who own the Chiefs?
                    What did he say?
                    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                      Box score says it was Tyler Mueller with the 10:00 misconduct, not Smith.
                      The answer is no on a suspension for the misconduct. The player gets a 1 game suspension if he gets a Game Disqualification.
                      Game Misconduct also does not result in a suspension... only a Game DQ.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

So CJ Smith is tearing it up this year, putting up similar numbers to Scott Wilson his rookie year, and yet, no one is talking about him. Another 3 points tonight puts him just under a ppg pace for the season. Always seems like norm is able to find one of these quality scorers each year. Now to get two or three and throw another helleybuck in there, and maybe find another dehner or kinley, or ruhwedel and the team would be in business.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Box score says it was Tyler Mueller with the 10:00 misconduct, not Smith.
                          The answer is no on a suspension for the misconduct. The player gets a 1 game suspension if he gets a Game Disqualification.
                          Game Misconduct also does not result in a suspension... only a Game DQ.
                          Ah my bad on mixing up who got the misconduct. Good news there since it would be pretty bad to have someone out for BU.
                          I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by HawkUnderground View Post
                            . They dominated the entire game so if they play like that again tonight, UML wins 5 to 1.
                            Almost a perfect call!

Scoring on their first shot last night was just huge. Once again, a solidly played game. Should have had a shutout but somehow Boyle wasn't able to to control a puck that was actually under his glove with no one actually touching it.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Almost a perfect call!
                              Boyle wasn't able to to control a puck that was actually under his glove with no one actually touching it.
                              Then again there was the whole 2nd period where Boyle was fighting the puck. Lowell was fortunate that Merrimack did not not score 3 more times that period.
                              The defense cleared away an almost sure goal in the crease and 2 posts were hit. Boyle main 1 great save on the breakaway when the game was still close
                              but he was the same as he is always is.
                              What did you say?
                              Who own the Chiefs?
                              What did he say?
                              Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                                Then again there was the whole 2nd period where Boyle was fighting the puck. Lowell was fortunate that Merrimack did not not score 3 more times that period.
                                The defense cleared away an almost sure goal in the crease and 2 posts were hit. Boyle main 1 great save on the breakaway when the game was still close
                                but he was the same as he is always is.
                                Something changed in that 2nd period. The play became more wide open and Merrimack stepped it up after Lowell's second goal. A lot of sloppy play by the Hawks in their defensive zone resulting in some anxious moments. Huge shorthanded goal by Chapie to take the pressure off. A better 3rd period with a nice goal by CJ Smith that put the game away.

A tough road trip for UNH trying to get home from Notre Dame.

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Due to bad weather all flights out are cancelled tomorrow so they are on a 15 hr. bus ride... UNH fans and the radio team is stranded as well. Gonna be a long ride home.
                                Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Following their progress on Facebook and Twitter thanks to Dan Parkhurst. They are in Ohio, just ahead of the storm. They will have to change buses in Buffalo. A contingent of UNH fans rented cars and are also driving home.

Comment

Working...
                                X